Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking hostbill owned license/account
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking hostbill owned license/account

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a Hostbill account/license if anyone has one they're not using.

Figured I'd try my luck before I stick it out for a hopefull black friday sale.

Harrison

Comments

• They always do bf sale on addons. You -20% usually on license. Not much, but still discount. Be prepared to invest a lot more into custom development. And there is no discounts on that.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • Yeah I'm expecting to need to build out some custom middleware to handle my VoIP CDRs but based on the DIY Metric billing features it actually looks like it'll require far less development work than the likes of WHMCS.

I've been playing with WHMCS but it's really not been hugely appealing. Hence I'd love to get my hands on a cheaper license for Hostbill to see what effort would be involved. I really wish they'd provide a sandbox or demo - seems counter-intuitive.

• @itsfubar said:
    Yeah I'm expecting to need to build out some custom middleware to handle my VoIP CDRs but based on the DIY Metric billing features it actually looks like it'll require far less development work than the likes of WHMCS.

I've been playing with WHMCS but it's really not been hugely appealing. Hence I'd love to get my hands on a cheaper license for Hostbill to see what effort would be involved. I really wish they'd provide a sandbox or demo - seems counter-intuitive.

Take a note, they require to buy 999$ addon for development. Without it you will not be able to develop custom integrations. And that 999 addon offers you only obscure examples of integration.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@itsfubar said:
    Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a Hostbill account/license if anyone has one they're not using.

Figured I'd try my luck before I stick it out for a hopefull black friday sale.

Harrison

No one can sale or transfer their HostBill license unless you buy their whole business.

If HostBill discover that someone transfer the license (only license), Hostbill may terminate the license forever

So it's better to buy the whole business from someone who's using Hostbill for their website

Or buy directly from Hostbill

And yes, I have double confirmed that from Hostbill team

Thanked by 2ourvds webcraft
  • @ViridWeb there have been examples in the past 12 months where users have been given permissions to sell their HB account/license. I was looking for examples of this where plausible.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I will probably shoot my self, I do actually have one, but I would need to ticket HB, how much are you looking at paying before I get too involved?

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I am not sure how much this helps, but look https://paymenter.org, based on laravel, could be quite easy to extend.

Thanked by 2einverne itsfubar
  • I have a super old owned license and it looks like I can renew it at 125 usd a year. But I have no idea which version that becomes. I can't create a ticket to ask as well lol.

• Still chasing a license if anyone wants to DM me :)

• Ended up buying a license. Thanks all.