Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxmox on Hostrbrr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxmox on Hostrbrr

hey all,
Is someone else using proxmox on hostbrr .. i keep getting "Guest has not initialized display yet " on vm creating/boot.
Didnt want to open a ticket yet as i dont think its hostbrr issue ..anyone able to give some help/guidance on the issue ?

cheers and thanks

Comments

• @zbrian said:
    hey all,
    Is someone else using proxmox on hostbrr .. i keep getting "Guest has not initialized display yet " on vm creating/boot.
    Didnt want to open a ticket yet as i dont think its hostbrr issue ..anyone able to give some help/guidance on the issue ?

cheers and thanks

Have you tried out different settings with Standard VGA/SPICE/VirGL GPU? At least one of them should work then hone in it from there.

Alternatively, you can also install desktop environment and vnc on containers as well.

If my memory is correct HostBRR use AMD CPU? I have multiple server myself and noticed that virtualized GPU is extremely unstable on AMD platform. Especially since PVE v8. Intel have no such issue on servers/embedded/consumers hardware that I encountered. If you plan on using multiple VMs then on the long run dedicated server is best, maybe even with a small real GPU attached.

• thanks @hades_corps yes i have tried various cpu combinations
    finally gave up and shutdown the server ..will look into it again

cheers

• I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Hostbrr because I installed PVE7 (debian) last month and it worked fine, everything was perfect except for slightly lower yabs, IO, benchmark scores.

My instance specifications are 15C 7950x vCore, 10GB memory... But I no longer use pve because the performance loss is too serious.

• @page i have to agree ..something to do with PVE but their support forum hasnt been able to help either so i thought i will check in here .

cheers

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

it's likely related to the display settings
    You need to check if the display is set in the hardware section of your VM config

• @vsys_host said:
    it's likely related to the display settings
    You need to check if the display is set in the hardware section of your VM config

yep tried all sorts of config before giving up

cheers

Thanked by 1vsys_host