Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared/BuyVM Reseller Plan Review [2023]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared/BuyVM Reseller Plan Review [2023]

I have been using the BuyShared/BuyVM reseller plan for the past 3 months, and I must say I'm not entirely satisfied with it. It's true that they offer impressive or even the best prices, but they lack reliability. The server is almost down every day for a few minutes, sometimes even 15-20 minutes. The worst part, however, is their customer service. It's extremely slow. I understand that they may not be available 24x7, but even during their working hours, it takes them hours to respond. This is my honest feedback based on my personal experience, and I don't intend to defame them.

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2023

@Francisco

However I have hard time believing 'The server is almost down every day for a few minutes, sometimes even 15-20 minutes' - this will probably end with your website/some anti-ddos rules - I would expect outrage on the forum with daily 15-20 minutes outages.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

You should be OK.

Sorry, Litespeed didn't renew properly (old CC on file). When the license expires it sits constantly restarting LSWS. We did have lv-shared02 require a kick a little bit ago, maybe that's what you saw.

As of now both issues are sorted.

Francisco

edited November 2023

@JabJab said: However I have hard time believing 'The server is almost down every day for a few minutes, sometimes even 15-20 minutes' - this will probably end with your website/some anti-ddos rules - I would expect outrage on the forum with daily 15-20 minutes outages.

>

To add to this:

The hardware upgrade helped greatly to address how burpy things were on busier nodes. The faster CPU's & proper enterprise NVME's really smoothed out the experience. Most nodes went from 20 - 30 load on a 3900x down to...4 - 5? On the 7900's. I'm not sure why it's such a huge swing, I suspect the consumer NVME's played a bigger role in that than I'm thinking.

Things weren't great earlier in the year. We've corrected that and greatly improved the product.

If you're getting cut outs for long periods you should see if you're getting IP blocked. Imunify has been extremely sensitive on things and will block users that use Wordpress too fast. I suspect we need to dial down how trigger happy it is.

Francisco

• @JabJab said: However I have hard time believing 'The server is almost down every day for a few minutes,

@Uchiha said:

@JabJab said: However I have hard time believing 'The server is almost down every day for a few minutes,

If you could ticket with that I can at least research it. I have all nodes monitored with nodeping and we don't see that at all. If you can let the guys know what monitoring that is as well, that'd be great.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: If you could ticket with that I can at least research it.

Okay, I'll create a ticket with all the details. Today, the problem got fixed after a 20-minute break, but it's not good for our business because our customers work at that time.

• Which location?

For me, it's all good, mine is in LV.

• you may also consider changing the uptime monitor to a HTTP request instead of a ping.

• @JoseDieguez said: HTTP request

I also monitor HTTP requests. For instance, just yesterday, the DA wasn't responding for quite some time. The problem was related to the directadmin CMD_LOGIN.

@Uchiha said:

@JoseDieguez said: HTTP request

I also monitor HTTP requests. For instance, just yesterday, the DA wasn't responding for quite some time. The problem was related to the directadmin CMD_LOGIN.

Are you monitoring the DA port or your own website with that check…?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@JabJab said: However I have hard time believing 'The server is almost down every day for a few minutes, sometimes even 15-20 minutes' - this will probably end with your website/some anti-ddos rules - I would expect outrage on the forum with daily 15-20 minutes outages.

>

To add to this:

The hardware upgrade helped greatly to address how burpy things were on busier nodes. The faster CPU's & proper enterprise NVME's really smoothed out the experience. Most nodes went from 20 - 30 load on a 3900x down to...4 - 5? On the 7900's. I'm not sure why it's such a huge swing, I suspect the consumer NVME's played a bigger role in that than I'm thinking.

Things weren't great earlier in the year. We've corrected that and greatly improved the product.

If you're getting cut outs for long periods you should see if you're getting IP blocked. Imunify has been extremely sensitive on things and will block users that use Wordpress too fast. I suspect we need to dial down how trigger happy it is.

Francisco

The latency gap between consumer and enterprise nvme is huge. Maybe if you can defeat the power management and/or keep it under constant heavy load it will be reduced, but if not you're looking at 0.5-5ms vs 0.01-0.1ms

@darkimmortal said: The latency gap between consumer and enterprise nvme is huge. Maybe if you can defeat the power management and/or keep it under constant heavy load it will be reduced, but if not you're looking at 0.5-5ms vs 0.01-0.1ms

Yep, I've for sure noticed the latency improvements.

Anyway, glad it's improved, we'll see if we can get OP happy too.

Francisco

• @Uchiha said:

@JabJab said: However I have hard time believing 'The server is almost down every day for a few minutes,

Are you sure it's not where you are hosting your Uptime Kuma that's having internet issues? Have you tried using another monitoring tool (i.e. HetrixTools) to see if they report the same outage?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Buyshared Doesn't offer DA reseller plans anymore? Are you on Cpanel or DA?

• buyvm is good i m using them for last 2 years and everthing is good and do not forget at 7$ you get 125gb reseller hosting from a stable and good company which you will find no where and i did not notice any major downtime.

i do not expect anything more from them they are good enough

@Arkas said: Buyshared Doesn't offer DA reseller plans anymore? Are you on Cpanel or DA?

You're mistaken. We stopped offering cPanel for a while, but as of June we started offering that again. We've offered DA since the start of the cPanel price hikes.

cPanel will get the same upgrades & perks we give the DA users going forward. Push as we might to get people to swap, the users that are on cPanel now, seem to want to stay there.

Francisco

• cPanel upgrades! 👍🏻

• I had this or some problem like this some months ago but my usage is just testing so I don't care, even the monitor I have is just a test.

It stopped happening after the server upgrades.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said: the users that are on cPanel now, seem to want to stay there

Agreed.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • my.frantech.ca has been down for over 2 hours, but folks are still satisfied with the services and haven't voiced any complaints. That's great news!

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • Obviously, it depends on what server you're using, but here's my experience of BuyVM using hetrixtools to monitor my haproxy in Luxembourg:

Also, the load time is high because the probes are from different continents and not helped that the page the query tests is actually on another machine about 20ms away.

• Will follow the updates on this thread. Had a similar issue, but I was too lazy to initiate communication.

• im in lv-shared01. before hardware upgrade, i sent some tickets because it was extremely slow to access hosted sites for clients, some clients i had even migrated. in tickets they always said everything was ok there.

but, after upgrade, the everything improved more than 100%

• I've noticed a similar uptime experience, sometimes even the billing panel is totally down (at the time of writing this it is down https://check-host.net/check-report/131a2e81k38d )

but can't complain for the price, I just keep experimental / not important websites.

• @TerensM said: I've noticed a similar uptime experience, sometimes even the billing panel is totally down (at the time of writing this it is down https://check-host.net/check-report/131a2e81k38d )

It's been not working for 3-4 hours now! But no one really minds because it's not expensive. Haha

• @Uchiha said:

@TerensM said: I've noticed a similar uptime experience, sometimes even the billing panel is totally down (at the time of writing this it is down https://check-host.net/check-report/131a2e81k38d )

It's been not working for 3-4 hours now! But no one really minds because it's not expensive. Haha

bro just don't keep important websites or I mean for 10€ there are pretty good resellers out there.

• i have several important clients there, and, as I said, after the update everything is 100%

Billing was a bigger issue related to veeam maxing out the storage on the MySQL VM. We do backups every 4 hours or so, and there’s 800 or so snapshots chained together, so it’s just a lot of temp data.

I bumped up storage on the SQL box but I think it’s time I retire veeam and do something else :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Drakasti