Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch missing? 4 days of no initial response
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch missing? 4 days of no initial response

Opened a technical ticket since 4 days ago and haven't got any initial response till today (Wednesday.)

Their Singapore network are not T1-routing friendly in APAC atm and am kindly asking their help to adjust the routes.

Is everything okay over there/?

Comments

• @nanankcornering said:
    Opened a technical ticket since 4 days ago and haven't got any initial response till today (Wednesday.)

Their Singapore network are not T1-routing friendly in APAC atm and am kindly asking their help to adjust the routes.

Is it 4 days including Saturday and Sunday? Or excluding weekends?
    Either way, if your VPS network is technically up and running, I think it is a low priority.

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited November 2023

It's only 4 days and you got a reply, fast enough responding.
    Nearly impossible to change route as a single customer.

• @tototo said: Either way, if your VPS network is technically up and running, I think it is a low priority.

@lowendclient said: It's only 4 days and you got a reply, fast enough responding.

at least respond and say will look into it? doesn't take 5 minutes to do it out of 2 work days.

and the routing problem is occuring on multiple T1s, which technically should affect other customers in the area too.

• It mostly depends on your VPS plan for HostHatch. You get slower responses for promo plans. I'm not sure how fast they respond for regular plans though.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @nick_ said: It mostly depends on your VPS plan for HostHatch. You get slower responses for promo plans.

No promos. paid $22/mo for 24gb nvme plan.

• I've noticed their network to APAC went downhill after they started using Cogent transit.
    Alot of packet loss during morning (evening in Asia) congestion.
    I like it better when they use GSL or even HE.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • @zan said: GSL

GSL is still there. But for some reasons, T1s are not picking up GSL routes.

even a simple ping to Google takes 38ms from SG.

• I have stopped using their service because of their nonexistent customer support. They have good hardware, an affordable price, and nonexistent support. Here is the summary of their service:

first month: I got 40–50% CPU steal, my application stopped working and started hanging. They responded after 3 days and migrated to another node.

Second month: I got 1 hour of network downtime, which was solved automatically. I have not opened any tickets.

4th month: My server went down unexpectedly! I couldn't connect the console from their panel or using ssh. I opened a ticket, and after 8 hours, they changed my node again. But you know what? It's been around 12 days without a response to my ticket.

I have immediately changed the provider. I don't want to be in a situation where my server goes down suddenly due to a node problem, and there is a lot of uncertainty about when the provider will respond and fix it.

I have used their non-promotional plan ($39/month).

Right now, I'm using @kuroit , and their support is amazing. Though it's expensive, you know good things come with a good price.

• Most of the things are good about hosthatch except support department. I thought they might have improved now. But sadly, it seems they did not.

• @jobayer said:
    I have stopped using their service because of their nonexistent customer support. They have good hardware, an affordable price, and nonexistent support. Here is the summary of their service:

I had a similar experience with hosthatch, smooth sails until the storm hit then it only went downhill from there.

Their excuse was always "low-end support for low-end services" which I interpret as "we ignore those" and it sounds like bs since their prem services are suffering from the same faith it seems.

They're just understaffed most likely.

Same goes for Virmach tbh, faster "replies" but they have issues very often.

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • This post is making me rethink my plans. The worst feeling when things are not within your control and you can't get any information :|

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2023

@nanankcornering said:

We're working with GSL to improve this.

@zan said:
    I've noticed their network to APAC went downhill after they started using Cogent transit.
    Alot of packet loss during morning (evening in Asia) congestion.
    I like it better when they use GSL or even HE.

What Cogent transit do we use in APAC, can you clarify? (we do not, at all) The issues are related to recent GSL changes that they are working on fixing.

This is not the standard experience we want you to have and I hope we can have a resolution for you by the end of the week

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited November 2023

@hosthatch why does every (well, 3 recent samples - 2x Stockholm and right now Vienna) maintenance means that vps will come back without IPv6 connectivity and it will take a few days for someone to answer and fix it?
    Announced maintenance with short outage isn't a problem of course and it's great that you actually inform clients upfront, but every "You should see improved network performance after this has been completed" mail gets me nervous now because I know that IPv6 most likely won't work for half a week or something after the short maintenance.
    Can you poke someone to complete it properly?

Thanked by 3cold yoursunny bjo
  • @Mumbly said:
    @hosthatch why does every (well, 3 recent samples - 2x Stockholm and right now Vienna) maintenance means that vps will come back without IPv6 connectivity and it will take a few days for someone to answer and fix it?
    Announced maintenance with short outage isn't a problem of course and it's great that you actually inform clients upfront, but every "You should see improved network performance after this has been completed" mail gets me nervous now because I know that IPv6 most likely won't work for half a week or something after the short maintenance.

Thanks for the heads up, I was considering picking up a Stockholm instance on black friday. Will stick with London and Amsterdam where there have been no issues with ipv6

• @darkimmortal Stockholm is relatively okay. There were two IPv6 related issues (it took few days for them to respond and fix it) in the past 6 months, but apart from that VPS perform okay.

• I moved providers for slow response to tickets, I was paying regular pricing and the support was nonexistent. I had a server offline for days because their portal wouldn’t wipe it properly, I give up and cancelled it all after very poor support.

HostHatch network and equipment is really good but the support lets them down.

Hopefully, they’re working on improving this.

• @Mumbly said:
    @darkimmortal Stockholm is relatively okay. There were two IPv6 related issues (it took few days for them to respond and fix it) in the past 6 months, but apart from that VPS perform okay.

I can confirm this. Have two vps's in Stockholm and they did have some ipv6 problems a while ago, but in my case support answered within a few hours and the problems were corrected immediately.
    I'm not on promo plans, I pay full price, which seems to make a big difference with HostHatch support.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • Just to be clear, before (not before) people start bringing up past history of really slow HH support, this is a ticket that's been pending for TWO working days, about OPTIMIZING, not about fixing any issue, simply about OPTIMIZING

Would a resposne within the hour saying "We'll fix this in the coming days." followed by updates be more enterprise-friendly? Sure

Can it be expected off of a LET provider? No. The fact that they even do spend time optimizing routes properly and within a few days when given traceroutes is already very good

Thanked by 1nanankcornering
  • @Mumbly said:

it was always like that...I also have problems with Vienna...waiting for an answer via ticket

• hostslick is solid provider with slow support system. I love there servers & networks performance but there support is slow even on premium packages.

• @bdspice said:
    hostslick is solid provider with slow support system. I love there servers & networks performance but there support is slow even on premium packages.

U mean hosthatch?

• @plumberg said:

@bdspice said:
    hostslick is solid provider with slow support system. I love there servers & networks performance but there support is slow even on premium packages.

U mean hosthatch?

sorry, hosthatch. my mistake.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited November 2023

@cold said:

@Mumbly said:

it was always like that...I also have problems with Vienna...waiting for an answer via ticket

This is my main gripe with them. People always talk about slow support but in many (and I am not overreacting when I say many) cases like this it isn't about slow support but slow addressing of issues on their own side or issues caused by them.

It's not even about slow support but rather careless management of their own infrastructure. When they fuck up things clients can wait for days for someone to address issues on a host's own side. This has nothing to do with slow support or too high expectations of a clients.

• @Mumbly said:

@cold said:

@Mumbly said:

This is my main gripe with them. People always talk about slow support but in many (and I am not overreacting when I say many) cases like this it isn't about slow support but slow addressing of issues on their own side or issues caused by them.

It's not even about slow support but rather careless management of their own infrastructure. When they fuck up things clients can wait for days for someone to address issues on a host's own side. This has nothing to do with slow support or too high expectations of a clients.

I feel you brother! but as long as the customers stay, why would they change something...it's working for them... I will cancel my all my services with them like I did with VirTRASH and the rest who f*ck me while I pay

• @cold it seems like IPv6 just came back for me. I hope it works for you too.

• @Mumbly said:

Nice, they still have the IPv6 issues? I'm glad I'm not in Stockholm any more.

• @bjo said:

Nice, they still have the IPv6 issues? I'm glad I'm not in Stockholm any more.

Nah, it was Vienna this time. They had a scheduled maintenance yesterday. VPS came back, but as usual lately without IPv6. And no one to respond to the ticket to fix self-inflicted mess of course.
    How hard is to check if everything work properly after the maintenance or at least pay attention to the tickets related to this location right after the maintenance?

When their stuff works properly it's great. But if anything goes down they can be very frustrating as they are capable of leaving you in the dark for days. And I am not talking about slow support (many people don't need support per se as long infrastructure works properly) but the issue on their own side.

• @Mumbly said:
    @cold it seems like IPv6 just came back for me. I hope it works for you too.

yeah, I saw that last night... after 24 h downtime...