Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a large storage vps with minimum 4TB HDD storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a large storage vps with minimum 4TB HDD storage

I need a virtual private server to use as a seedbox . The DCMA should be ignored. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Required Minimum specs:
4TB HDD
3gb DDR4 ram
10Tb bandwidth@1 Gbps
Root access

Budget: 25 euro

Comments

• He seems a bit busy, Pinged him yesterday.

• @PulsedMedia maybe?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @sh97 said:
    @PulsedMedia maybe?

They are good, but no root access at my budget.

• @labze (hostbrr.com)

• @Porlam said:
    @labze (hostbrr.com)

I'm afraid that they don't ignore DCMA. I would be using both public + private trackers.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2023

If this VPS should be for torrenting, maybe you should ask an offer from @PulsedMedia - nowadays there are VPS offers configured precisely for torrenting and seeding.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • This seems good. Do they support torrenting?

Thanked by 1epay55pay
  • @default said:
    If this VPS should be for torrenting, maybe you should ask an offer from @PulsedMedia - nowadays there are VPS offers configured precisely for torrenting and seeding.

I need root access for specific tasks (such as configuring some services on startup and fuse conf, among others). Pulsedmedia is a good alternative, but they offer root access only on dedicated servers which exceeds my budget.

• For public torrents, just run qbittorrent/etc in a VPN container to a VPN in the same city. That way your seedbox doesn't need to be DMCA-proof, you just need a DMCA-proof VPN.

Thanked by 1SureshS
  • @MallocVoidstar said:
    For public torrents, just run qbittorrent/etc in a VPN container to a VPN in the same city. That way your seedbox doesn't need to be DMCA-proof, you just need a DMCA-proof VPN.

I guess I can accomplish it, because I have a cheap vps in Manchester. How about any vps recommendations for seedbox?

• @SureshS said:

This seems good. Do they support torrenting?

Paris/Amsterdam location is safe for torrenting. They don’t advertise as DMCA proof etc for obvious reasons.

Thanked by 1SureshS
  • @SureshS said:
    I need a virtual private server to use as a seedbox . The DCMA should be ignored. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Required Minimum specs:
    4TB HDD
    3gb DDR4 ram
    10Tb bandwidth@1 Gbps
    Root access

2 vCore CPU - C1V Basic
    3GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    4TB HDD RAID-5
    10TB @ 1Gbps

€18,30/month VAT included.

Thanked by 1SureshS
  • For your usage I can recommend buying an dedicated server from OneProvider with 4TB HDD and unmetered bandwith. For seedbox is the best because the unmetered bandwith is really unmetered to be honest.

Thanked by 1SureshS
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@SureshS said:

@default said:

I need root access for specific tasks (such as configuring some services on startup and fuse conf, among others). Pulsedmedia is a good alternative, but they offer root access only on dedicated servers which exceeds my budget.

Here you go: MD14 20.99€ https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php
    i5-6500t/16G DDR4/512G NVMe !!

4TB Storage RAID0 to go with it 6.99€ https://pulsedmedia.com/storage-boxes.php

Both can be had with upto 15% long term discount by default, bringing that total to within your budget limit of 25€ per month.

28€ tho is very damn close, and considering the storage box will grow over time, within year this will be cheaper per TB than what you considered. Regardless will outperform vastly what you were looking for.

Use rclone caching with the storage too, 512G NVMe is quite a bit of cache for 4TB! :)

Plus it's Unmetered 1Gbps on MD, and a little bit of 10G BW on the storage box.

Thanked by 1SureshS
  • mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited November 2023

I have been with Servarica for 2-3 years. No issues. 8TB usable (Raid6) for $20/mo.

Thanked by 1SureshS
  • @PulsedMedia said:
    [...] Both can be had with upto 15% long term discount by default, [...]

Did you just make a discount for another member of community, in my name?! Thank you for the honour.

Thanked by 2PulsedMedia ehab
  • @mrl22 said:
    I have been with Servarica for 2-3 years. No issues. 8TB usable (Raid6) for $20/mo.

With public torrents ?

• @PulsedMedia said:

@SureshS said:

@default said:

Here you go: MD14 20.99€ https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php
    i5-6500t/16G DDR4/512G NVMe !!

4TB Storage RAID0 to go with it 6.99€ https://pulsedmedia.com/storage-boxes.php

Both can be had with upto 15% long term discount by default, bringing that total to within your budget limit of 25€ per month.

28€ tho is very damn close, and considering the storage box will grow over time, within year this will be cheaper per TB than what you considered. Regardless will outperform vastly what you were looking for.

Use rclone caching with the storage too, 512G NVMe is quite a bit of cache for 4TB! :)

Plus it's Unmetered 1Gbps on MD, and a little bit of 10G BW on the storage box.

Thank you, I'll keep this in mind. For the time being, I've committed to oneprovider reseller for a month to meet my requirements.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @jmaxwell said:

@mrl22 said:

With public torrents ?

I have not used it for torrents. It is a Borg backup destination for our servers with Digital Ocean.

• @mrl22 said:

@jmaxwell said:

@mrl22 said:

With public torrents ?

I have not used it for torrents. It is a Borg backup destination for our servers with Digital Ocean.

Ok. OP is looking for seedbox

• Thank you, I am already using it and the bandwidth speed is very good. It would be nice if there was 6Thdd

• @epay55pay said:

Thank you, I am already using it and the bandwidth speed is very good. It would be nice if there was 6Thdd

They might have it, just need to keep checking the site

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

Hy, we can offer:

2 vCPU Xeon CPU V4
    4 GB DDDR4 RAM
    20 GB NVME Boot Drive
    4 TB HDD Storage Add-on
    1 Free Backup of Boot Drive
    1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
    Internet link @ 2 GBPS Shared
    Unmetered Internet Traffic 

16.50 USD /MO

https://www.host-c.com/store/vps-storage/vps-storage-4-tb

• @host_c said:
    Hy, we can offer:

2 vCPU Xeon CPU V4
    4 GB DDDR4 RAM
    20 GB NVME Boot Drive
    4 TB HDD Storage Add-on
    1 Free Backup of Boot Drive
    1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
    Internet link @ 2 GBPS Shared
    Unmetered Internet Traffic 

16.50 USD /MO

https://www.host-c.com/store/vps-storage/vps-storage-4-tb

Is it nvme cached. And dmca ignored

• harrisonharrison Member
    edited November 2023

@fayaz90 said: Is it nvme cached
    @PulsedMedia said: Use rclone caching with the storage too, 512G NVMe is quite a bit of cache for 4TB

What is meant by "NVMe" cache in this context? Do you mean the portion of disk used for OS apps so it starts up faster? In that case, shouldn't it be around 10-20 GB?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@harrison said:

@PulsedMedia said: Use rclone caching with the storage too, 512G NVMe is quite a bit of cache for 4TB

What is meant by "NVMe" cache in this context? Do you mean the portion of disk used for OS apps so it starts up faster? In that case, shouldn't it be around 10-20 GB?

Oh, rclone has it's own local caching thing, you can control how much to use for that afaik. I have not myself used it, i just know it has.

It stores some of the files, or portions of the files locally for quick access, therefore acting as a cache.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@harrison said:

NVMe cache usually refers to a storage cache layer between the system and the HDDs. Writing to HDDs can be quite slow so first it gets sent to the NVMe used as cache then it gets written to the HDDs afterwards. Likewise, frequently accessed files can be cached onto the NVMe for faster read.

There are a various of ways to implement this.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • jayjayjayjay Member, Patron Provider

@SureshS said:

Required Minimum specs:
    4TB HDD
    3gb DDR4 ram
    10Tb bandwidth@1 Gbps
    Root access

We'll be releasing some offers during BF and CM which will meet what you're looking for.