Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enhance and Upmind - a marriage made in heaven? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Enhance and Upmind - a marriage made in heaven?

2»

Comments

• Not sus at all.

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I have been trying enhance.

Layout is nice, really looks great after customisation.

RAM usage seems high, so you would need more servers for less sites compared to DA/cPanel - it’s stated in their community.

There is no recovery at the moment if you run 1 server and it dies. I don’t think you can just restore the sites like you can with DA / cPanel.

The timeline always seems to be delayed.

• @niceboy said:
    How much ram enhance is consuming for around 10 low traffic wordpress sites?

Check out this thread on their forums
    https://community.enhance.com/d/885-excessive-ram-usage

• @JamesF said: RAM usage seems high, so you would need more servers for less sites compared to DA/cPanel - it’s stated in their community.

This is obvious as they use containers for each website, it can have independent services running even if site is idle. it's between Security vs resource. pick what is important for your use case.

• @tjn said:

@niceboy said:
    How much ram enhance is consuming for around 10 low traffic wordpress sites?

Check out this thread on their forums
    https://community.enhance.com/d/885-excessive-ram-usage

ooof doesn't sound too good

• Not a fan when companies change terms of their plans.
    Acknowledged that the Upmind plans were in beta for a new company but you now have to pay £10 /~$12 for the white label function.
    I paid for this as it looked like they increased the number of provisioning plans (i.e. cPanel servers, Domain providers) from 2 to unlimited (have screenshot to confirms).
    I added Openprovider and two cPanel accounts, on attempting to add a 3rd cPanel I was asked to upgrade.
    It seems that there was an error on the site and you just get 3 provisioning plans on the free plan - you have to pay £20 for more profiles - this does not include the £10 for White labelling.

Suddenly the newbie Upmind just became more expensive that WHMCS.
    I still use Enhance but I cannot imagine that I will go onto the Upmind paid plans + white labelling add on.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • WiseWise Member

@meditatingsurgeon said:
    Not a fan when companies change terms of their plans.
    Acknowledged that the Upmind plans were in beta for a new company but you now have to pay £10 /~$12 for the white label function.
    I paid for this as it looked like they increased the number of provisioning plans (i.e. cPanel servers, Domain providers) from 2 to unlimited (have screenshot to confirms).
    I added Openprovider and two cPanel accounts, on attempting to add a 3rd cPanel I was asked to upgrade.
    It seems that there was an error on the site and you just get 3 provisioning plans on the free plan - you have to pay £20 for more profiles - this does not include the £10 for White labelling.

Suddenly the newbie Upmind just became more expensive that WHMCS.
    I still use Enhance but I cannot imagine that I will go onto the Upmind paid plans + white labelling add on.

Upmind have treated existing users with zero regard. The pricing and spec on their website is also different to the upgrade option within the application. Their latest range of new features do nothing for me if I can’t create an invoice and customise the description or line item adhoc. Their new pricing has now made me think twice on enhance.

• I have no issues with Enhance, it's performing really well and the support is great.
    Will most likely drop Upmind. I have a free Clientexec licence from Racknerd and this integrates well with Enhance, as does Hostbill.

• WiseWise Member

@meditatingsurgeon said:
    I have no issues with Enhance, it's performing really well and the support is great.
    Will most likely drop Upmind. I have a free Clientexec licence from Racknerd and this integrates well with Enhance, as does Hostbill.

The link between the two makes me believe enhance will also change. Adam is great but the mutual connection between the two companies gives me an uneasy feeling. How can upmind change direction so quickly and why can we think enhance won’t do the same?

• thanethane Member

@Wise said:

@meditatingsurgeon said:
    I have no issues with Enhance, it's performing really well and the support is great.

The link between the two makes me believe enhance will also change. Adam is great but the mutual connection between the two companies gives me an uneasy feeling. How can upmind change direction so quickly and why can we think enhance won’t do the same?

It would be incredibly naive to think nothing will change for any company or service provider. It's inevitable. That's not to say you can't get a good 5-10 years usage out of it before it gets untenable :wink:

• WiseWise Member

@thane said:

@Wise said:

@meditatingsurgeon said:

It would be incredibly naive to think nothing will change for any company or service provider. It's inevitable. That's not to say you can't get a good 5-10 years usage out of it before it gets untenable :wink:

If the reason you are migrating, turns quickly into the same scenario, then it’s a bad decision. 5 years is way off, I’m thinking within one year things might change. It did with upmind.

• @Wise said: If the reason you are migrating, turns quickly into the same scenario, then it’s a bad decision. 5 years is way off, I’m thinking within one year things might change. It did with upmind.

I must say, I'm a little worried about a change to the pricing model. I have seven servers in my cluster. Whenever I have an issue, it get's resolved quickly, usually by the founder.

It is truly amazing value and I haven't exceeded the $5.99 per month although I'm prepared to when the need arises. Not sure how sustainable it is to offer this high level of support to 'low-end' clients.

• @meditatingsurgeon said: @Wise said: If the reason you are migrating, turns quickly into the same scenario, then it’s a bad decision. 5 years is way off, I’m thinking within one year things might change. It did with upmind.

>
    Not sure why my response got chopped into two!

• thanethane Member

@Wise said:

@thane said:

@Wise said:

@meditatingsurgeon said:

If the reason you are migrating, turns quickly into the same scenario, then it’s a bad decision. 5 years is way off, I’m thinking within one year things might change. It did with upmind.

Sure, could be a year, could be never, could be next month. It's a next-gen panel and Adam is very forward thinking, so I would bet that he would make special considerations to grandfather in existing users for any future price structure changes - just based on him being an industry expert and knowing how communities have reacted in the past to such changes.

It's all speculation though, who could say what will happen. You could always start a thread in their forum and maybe Adam will give some loose assurance. My guess would be that they want to compete with the big-3, so they'd be resistant to any kind of major change in pricing structure that would slow growth in their market share. Maybe in 3-5 years when they're more firmly entrenched in the industry, sure.

• WiseWise Member

@thane said:

@Wise said:

@thane said:

@Wise said:

@meditatingsurgeon said:

Sure, could be a year, could be never, could be next month. It's a next-gen panel and Adam is very forward thinking, so I would bet that he would make special considerations to grandfather in existing users for any future price structure changes - just based on him being an industry expert and knowing how communities have reacted in the past to such changes.

It's all speculation though, who could say what will happen. You could always start a thread in their forum and maybe Adam will give some loose assurance. My guess would be that they want to compete with the big-3, so they'd be resistant to any kind of major change in pricing structure that would slow growth in their market share. Maybe in 3-5 years when they're more firmly entrenched in the industry, sure.

It’s not Adam that concerns me. I also can’t build a roadmap based on loose assurances in a forum. I thought the same with upmind who were a breath of fresh air until they changed to whmcs v2 with their new pricing model. I suspect enhance will do the same very shortly

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep
    edited April 22

Well the owners owned TSOHost and sold that, I’d imagine enhance would go well he same way, pretty sure upmind was sold? But could be wrong.

The roadmap for enhance is very lose from what I have seen. I like it, don’t get me wrong, but it’s very easy to increase the pricing.

I also think one of them started stablepoint and sold that?