Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft Paint has been updated with Dall-E 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Microsoft Paint has been updated with Dall-E 3

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Actually pretty cool, unlike Microsoft wanting to replace the start menu with copilot.

• Don't see this new feature in MS Paint. Using Windows 11.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@alilet said:
    Don't see this new feature in MS Paint. Using Windows 11.

Try updating from Windows Store. Have to join the waitlist anyway.

Thanked by 1martheen
    1. Not free. Only first 50 credits are free.

2. Also:
      Current limitations
      Initially, there is a waitlist for using this feature. If you are interested, join the waitlist from the Cocreator side panel. You will receive an email when you get approved to use Cocreator.

Cocreator is currently available only in the following regions – United States, France, UK, Australia, Canada, Italy and Germany.

Only English language is supported at this time
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-paint-cocreator-to-generate-ai-art-107a2b3a-62ea-41f5-a638-7bc6e6ea718f

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

Lol is this another paid subscription thingy?

Besides what's the point in pretending that programs are installed and run locally anymore. I mean at best they are apps wrapped in Electron.

You'll own nothing and you'll be happy :*

• Windows is becoming a platform for providing free user data for Microsoft. And there are various ways that they are implementing it; sometimes it's outright data gathering via labels such as "Diagnostics" or "User experience enhancements"; another form is via bloating the entire OS with pseudo softwares that do nothing but again, data gathering. and now we are introduced to the hype of AI and using it again for extraction of user data and habits/favorites.

I really missed the days of Windows XP and 7 which the OS was built for facilitating users works and tasks and not milking them.

• @yusra said:
    Windows is becoming a platform for providing free user data for Microsoft. And there are various ways that they are implementing it; sometimes it's outright data gathering via labels such as "Diagnostics" or "User experience enhancements"; another form is via bloating the entire OS with pseudo softwares that do nothing but again, data gathering. and now we are introduced to the hype of AI and using it again for extraction of user data and habits/favorites.

I really missed the days of Windows XP and 7 which the OS was built for facilitating users works and tasks and not milking them.

Its understandable, considering data is most valuable item they hold in.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Getting AI-created content into an image-handling program is valuable.

But into MS Paint? It's not like you can really do much with it once DALL-E has spit out what you asked.

I'll stick with Photoshop + Midjourney...

• Recently they added background removal to paint as well. Was surprised it worked without internet.

• @varwww said:
    Recently they added background removal to paint as well. Was surprised it worked without internet.

Word and PowerPoint also have background removal in image tools.

Thanked by 1varwww
  • @raindog308 said:
    Getting AI-created content into an image-handling program is valuable.

But into MS Paint? It's not like you can really do much with it once DALL-E has spit out what you asked.

That's the point. You shouldn't have to do anything much with it. We're getting to the point where you should be able to do "/ai create meme "blah" in nearly any app and shit just works.

I'll stick with Photoshop + Midjourney...

The paid app? whoosh

• @farsighter said: Word and PowerPoint

For over a decade since Office 2010, even the humble Starter edition bundled in cheap netbooks has it.

Thanked by 1varwww
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@TimboJones said: That's the point. You shouldn't have to do anything much with it. We're getting to the point where you should be able to do "/ai create meme "blah" in nearly any app and shit just works.

We still haven't gotten to a point where AI can draw hands reliably.

Thanked by 2varwww default
  • @raindog308 said:

@TimboJones said: That's the point. You shouldn't have to do anything much with it. We're getting to the point where you should be able to do "/ai create meme "blah" in nearly any app and shit just works.

We still haven't gotten to a point where AI can draw hands reliably.

True. I tested this a lot and it is a problem.

However, there might come a day when AI will be integrated into LET. At that point someone would say ("dicks") "bilohbucks", to which bots will reply with "/ai image gif with applause".

• I hope they soon release notepad with AI.