Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to the Hosting Business - Need Promotion Tips!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New to the Hosting Business - Need Promotion Tips!

I'm new to the hosting business and looking for advice on promoting my services initially. What strategies did you use when you were starting out? Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Uchiha said:
    I'm new to the hosting business and looking for advice on promoting my services initially. What strategies did you use when you were starting out? Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What kind of hosting services ?

Target market ?

But don't really expect any provider to share their secrets except for some general tips

• you will first need to attain mangekyo sharingan in order to predict and eliminate all problems along the way.

Thanked by 2HostEONS henix
  • @HostEONS said: But don't really expect any provider to share their secrets except for some general tips

I offer shared and VPS hosting services right from the start, and I'm targeting third-tier countries. I would appreciate any general advice you can provide.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Uchiha said:

@HostEONS said: But don't really expect any provider to share their secrets except for some general tips

I offer shared and VPS hosting services right from the start, and I'm targeting third-tier countries. I would appreciate any general advice you can provide.

First be prepared to survive for couple of years with very few clients as the information you have provided is too generic so that's the only advice that I can give for now

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

@Uchiha said:
    I'm targeting third-tier countries.

How are the people who according to the UNICEF live with 2€ per day and eat fly cakes to celebrate birthdays supposed to buy your rich western crap?

No offense meant to you crap services, but that's quite insensitive of you.

• I'm going to give you some insights from a general marketing side:

• Since this is such a crowded space you need to find your target customers. Focusing on third tier countries is already a good start.
    • Use local language and mannerisms. Since you cannot compete on scale, compete with feelings ;). Everyone loves and underdog and wants to support their "local" buisness. So set up multiple sites customised to each country or even region.
    • Be honest about being small. While a lot of people might see this as a bad thing, being small is A)True, B)gives you the status as David and C) creates the feeling of interacting with a human then with a company. It also allows you to make mistakes.

If you want to chat some DM or reply here.

Thanked by 1Uchiha