Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server status page, which one you suggest?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server status page, which one you suggest?

tasnimtasnim Member, Host Rep

Hosting providers,
Which status page do you like to use the most?
Can you please explain why you use it?
I am very confused about which one will be better in terms of features at an affordable price.

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Probably nobody on LET has ever gone wrong with HetrixTools.

• Hetrix and Betterstack for me

Thanked by 3tasnim BasToTheMax 0xC7
  • tasnimtasnim Member, Host Rep

@Patriarch said:
    Hetrix and Betterstack for me

Hetrix is simple and budget-friendly. But Betterstack is more feature-rich. :)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I use Uptime Kuma for my public status page. Open source.

Thanked by 1tasnim
  • I'm happy with betterstack. In past I used uptimerobot and hetrixtools. All were good.

Thanked by 1tasnim
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Uptime Kuma is great, we use that.

Thanked by 1tasnim
  • I am using HetrixTools but I am thinking to switch to BetterStack because has more features and it's better looking.

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    I am using HetrixTools but I am thinking to switch to BetterStack because has more features and it's better looking.

Yes, I have already tested Betterstack but at the free tier, they offer only 10 monitors. 15-20 is quite good like hetrix.
    But if I pay $25 it's worthy. waiting for a good deal at BF or CM.

• Uptime Kuma and HetrixTools both are very good.
    My problem with Uptime Kuma is that it doesn't support public pages.

• BetterStack because has more features and it's better looking.

just quick looking, that BetterStack seems have better documentations.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I would not recommend UptimeRobot, however you should be fine with HetrixTools.
    Selfhosting would be the cheapest, idk why uptime monitoring is so fkn expensive.

• HizakuraHizakura Member, Patron Provider

We are using self-hosted uptime kuma for our public status page.

Thanked by 1weed
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

I might be biased, but HetrixTools. Both as a provider and as a customer. HetrixTools is awesome as a provider to not only monitor uptime but also track hardware and software issues with the agent. Love it.

As a customer I like it as it is one of the few tools that actually presents historic uptime. I feel like too many of these uptime pages only track like 15-30 days and then calls it 100% uptime.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • Anyone uses Betterstack Logs? Is it worth it?

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

HetrixTools the best

• sivesive Member, Host Rep

I was thinking of building my own that was hosted off my stack like sveltekit on AWS lambda with a AWS database for tracking records. That was I could utilize having many people subscribe to the page or have it linking to discord webhooks without friction. The backend of such I wanted to make in golang and it would be another lambda project which would run through the database and pin every server concurrently utilizing their event driven execution every minute.

Super customizable and pretty cheap since there wont be much traffic. You can do so for absolutely free using something like vercel, planetscale, and vercel cron functionality.

If you or anyone else is interested I wouldn't mind taking on a freelance job for you to have a cheap offsite status page instead of monthly payments or vm local network hosted, just message me. I would just need your design assets like css classes, figma mockup, or I can just throw something together with tailwind css.

• uptime kuma is good :)

• Got better stack on their last Black Friday Lifetime deal. Great UI and easy to use.

• @sreekanth850 said:
    Got better stack on their last Black Friday Lifetime deal. Great UI and easy to use.

How much did you paid?

• @Chalipa said:

@sreekanth850 said:
    Got better stack on their last Black Friday Lifetime deal. Great UI and easy to use.

How much did you paid?

I bought their base deal for 59 or so. 1 Member and 100 Monitors with status pages on custom domain. It was enough for me.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@Chalipa said:

@sreekanth850 said:

How much did you paid?

I bought their base deal for 59 or so. 1 Member and 100 Monitors with status pages on custom domain. It was enough for me.

I hope they will do this deal again, it would be perfect for me

• Self-hosted status pages always looks suspicious as their data can be altered and faked. Third party monitors are a bit more trust worthy. Hetrix is not bad. I like their jquery adoption in client area. Very heavy.

Thanked by 1weed
  • Give Xitoring a try and see if the customizable public status page is good for you. You can also use a lifetime free account however the public status page will be limited a little bit.

• denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep

We use Hetrix, single pane of glass to monitor blacklist and uptime.

@LTniger said:
    Self-hosted status pages always looks suspicious as their data can be altered and faked. Third party monitors are a bit more trust worthy. Hetrix is not bad. I like their jquery adoption in client area. Very heavy.

I think so about this.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@Chalipa said:

@sreekanth850 said:

How much did you paid?

If you ever want to sell this contact me please

• anbelevebelanbelevebel Member
    edited November 2023

For monitoring; https://netdata.cloud (free for 5 nodes then $4/mo/node)
    For status page; https://instatus.com ($20/mo unlimited monitors, members, subscribers)

• @gbzret4d said: If you ever want to sell this contact me please

Sure.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • HetrixTools

Thanked by 1gbzret4d