Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expired domain buying assistance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Expired domain buying assistance

Hi
I am interested in buying a domain whose current status is pending status is "pending deletion" how can I find out when it will be available to buy ?

The current register is GoDaddy.

Comments

• Namejet or snapnames and backorder your DN there

• Few ideas from my experience:
    1. If the current registrar offers domain backorder (GoDaddy does), get their service MIGHT allow you to get the domain faster (before it's dropped)
    2. If the domain goes past auction, LIMIT your activity related to that domain.
    Some registrars could figure out you are looking for this domain (if you searched WHOIS through their related vendors, or have some traffic), then grab it faster than the backorder service you paid (because they have more registrars), asking for a exorbitant amount of $ if you want to get it.
    3. Estimate the demand and check how much it's going to cost to backorder.
    If you are a business or you have a deep pocket, pay whatever you want. Backorder with multiple registrars and make them compete with each other.
    If it's a personal project or have almost no attention, get a cheap backorder service like GoDaddy's. If you got the domain this year, lucky. If not, just wait one more year and you'll probably grab it eventually (or completely forget about it).
    4. Don't trust the timeline
    If you see a site where it says "enter your domain here and we'll tell you when it's going to drop", if you do enter it 99% of time the site would forward it to a registrar and grab your domain (see my second point). If you don't have a backorder service, just check when the pending delete status would generally end (after all redemption etc), then set a reminder to check 30 days after.

Thanked by 3nick_ ariq01 0xC7