Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should AI generative replies be banned?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Should AI generative replies be banned?

I've noticed @ezeth 's latest replies are quite unusual compared with his formerly both wolf warrior and poor English grammar style. Proof are following screenshots which @ezeth realised and edited quickly.

So my questions / polls:

1. Is it morally right for a provider to use generative AI to counter customers' complaint?
  2. How much confidence do you have on @ezeth 's new service?

Screenshots of generative replies:
v1

v2

v3

Lovely replies
  1. Is it morally right for a provider to use generative AI to counter customers' complaint?76 votes
    1. OK.
      28.95%
    2. Disgusting.
      71.05%
  2. How much confidence do you have on @ezeth 's new service?76 votes
    1. None.
      64.47%
    2. Full.
        2.63%
    3. It depends.
      32.89%
  3. Do you think AI generative replies in the forum should be banned?76 votes
    1. Yes.
      59.21%
    2. No.
      19.74%
    3. It depends.
      21.05%

Comments

• 7$

Thanked by 2gbzret4d ariq01
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2023

@ask_seek_knock said: Proof are following screenshots which @ezeth realised and edited quickly.

Pretending to be a "CCP proxy" was quite the challenge! But I'd say everything turned out pretty well. The drama definitely added some spice!

• Disgusting and atrocious.

• They are polluting everything, everywhere with that AI generated 'content', it can be tiresome.

• I'm utterly devastated and profoundly disheartened by the distressing accusations that have been leveled against ezeth for allegedly using AI to compose their responses. It's genuinely heart-wrenching to witness these groundless claims being propagated, as they undermine the very essence of embracing diversity and inclusivity in our online spaces.

AI is meant to be a tool that complements human ingenuity, not a means to replace it. When we make these unjust allegations, we not only tarnish someone's reputation but also chip away at the essence of cherishing individuality and promoting equality.

In our digital community, let us strive to foster an atmosphere of empathy, compassion, and open dialogue. Instead of rushing to judgments, why not extend an olive branch to ezeth and engage in a conversation to better understand their unique process and motivations?

We must remember that our strength lies in our diverse perspectives and experiences. Encouraging creativity and innovation should always be at the forefront of our intentions, rather than perpetuating unfounded allegations. After all, it's our beautifully distinct narratives that weave the tapestry of our rich and vibrant online world. 💙🌍🤝 #SpreadLove #EmbraceDiversity

Thanked by 4Thundas Erisa ezeth kait
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I asked CharGBT regarding your question.
    Here are some points in response:

• Generative AI responses should be allowed in forums, but they should be marked as such for fairness sake.
    • Customers should not trust or distrust a supplier of online services solely based on their interactions on forums, but should instead measure the actual services sold.
    • Screenshots can be generated by generative AI just like other texts or images, so that posting a screenshot does not qualify as any proof.
  • tl;dr no fucks given.

Ah, well met, noble fellows, for here we gather in the hallowed halls of reason to deliberate upon this weighty matter. Shall we, in our pursuit of truth and genuine human exchange, cast aside the deceptive cloak of AI-generated artifice that seeks to mimic the very essence of our linguistic prowess? Verily, the shadows of this contrived ingenuity do obscure the true light of authentic dialogue, leaving us, the unwary spectators, entangled in a web of disingenuous communication. Let us not succumb to the siren song of technological subterfuge, but rather uphold the sanctity of genuine human interaction, where words spring forth from the fount of earnest thought and heartfelt expression. As we stand at this crossroads, let us not forget the age-old adage: true discourse is the cornerstone of understanding, and in banishing this false veil of AI-generated responses, we may reclaim the authenticity of our shared linguistic tapestry.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Ban spell check and Grammarly too. Can’t have people better articulating their thoughts by using an algorithm to improve it.

Just like those damn kids skateboarding on the sidewalk with their damn walkmans.

• I don't know.
    But providers who don't have an "about us" page to present their business, how long they've been doing it and what their infrastructure is... should be banned :p

• @ask_seek_knock said:
    Screenshots of generative replies:
    v1

Given the question, I'd have interpreted that as obviously using ChatGPT in the reply as a joke. It's not like anyone would actually read that and not think it was ChatGPT, so I don't see it causes any harm.

• Yes, ban AI generated replies. Usually a load of fluff with no real substance to the content. Awful to read. But luckily very easily spotted too after the 500th time.

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • Poll is broken

@MarkoVCR said:
    Poll is broken

I'm thinking it's either a browser issue or you have to reach a certain amount of posts before you're allowed to vote https://lowendtalk.com/profile/MarkoVCR

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

I spent ALL DAY writing this.
    Here are my thoughts on keeping AI being used for ALL replies by hosts in LowEndTalk.

Please note, remember this took me 8 hours to write. :#

Embracing the Future: The Case for Allowing AI-Generated Tech Discussions on Hosting Forum Sites

In a world driven by technology, online forums have become the lifeblood of communities where individuals converge to discuss, share, and innovate. Hosting forum sites, like "LowEndTalk," have long been hubs for tech enthusiasts and professionals to exchange ideas, seek solutions to hosting-related challenges, and stay at the forefront of industry developments. However, as technology advances at an unprecedented pace, a critical question arises: Should these forums embrace the wave of AI-generated technology, or should they be cautious and consider banning it?

In this discussion, we will explore the compelling argument for allowing AI-generated tech discussions on hosting forum sites. The advantages of integrating artificial intelligence into these platforms are not to be underestimated, as they can contribute significantly to the forum's vibrancy, inclusivity, efficiency, and relevance in a tech-driven world. Let's delve into the multifaceted reasons behind the advocacy for the integration of AI-generated tech discussions in hosting forums, "LowEndTalk" in particular.

Diverse Perspectives and Ideas:

AI-generated tech can bring unique perspectives and ideas to the forum. By incorporating AI-generated content and insights, the community can explore innovative solutions and creative approaches to hosting-related challenges, enriching the overall discourse.
    Accessibility and Inclusivity:

AI-generated content can improve accessibility for a broader range of users. It can automatically translate content into different languages, ensuring that language barriers do not hinder participation. Furthermore, it can create content in various formats (e.g., text-to-speech) to accommodate users with disabilities.
    Augmented Moderation:

Moderating a large forum can be challenging. AI tools can assist moderators by identifying and managing spam, offensive content, or rule violations more efficiently. This results in a cleaner and safer environment, fostering a positive user experience.
    Efficiency and Automation:

AI-generated tech can automate routine tasks. For instance, AI can categorize and tag posts, making it easier for users to find relevant information. Moreover, it can respond to common user queries, reducing response times and enhancing the overall efficiency of the forum.
    Knowledge Sharing:

Hosting forums thrive on knowledge sharing. AI-generated content can facilitate quick access to information and answers to technical questions, benefiting users and helping them troubleshoot hosting-related issues effectively.
    Content Generation:

AI can be harnessed to create high-quality guides, tutorials, and documentation. This not only enhances the educational resources available to users but also ensures that the information is up-to-date and comprehensive.
    Community Scaling:

As the user base grows, managing the forum becomes increasingly challenging. AI-generated content can assist in scaling the community by handling routine tasks, categorizing content, and maintaining a high level of user engagement.
    Innovation in Hosting Technology:

Allowing discussions on AI-generated tech can encourage members to explore and experiment with emerging AI technologies. This can lead to the development of innovative hosting-related solutions that stay on the cutting edge of industry trends.
    Encouraging AI Integration:

The hosting industry is increasingly integrating AI solutions to enhance performance, security, and customer experience. By permitting discussions on AI-generated tech, the forum can encourage members to adopt and adapt AI in their hosting services, keeping the community competitive and relevant.
    Staying Relevant in a Tech-Driven World:

As technology evolves, forums like "LowEndTalk" must adapt to remain relevant. By embracing discussions on AI-generated tech, the forum demonstrates its commitment to staying current and serving the needs of tech-savvy users, ensuring that it continues to be a valuable and sought-after resource in the hosting community.
    Mitigating Misuse:

To address concerns about the potential misuse of AI-generated content, the forum can establish clear guidelines and moderation practices. This will help strike a balance between fostering innovation and maintaining the forum's integrity and purpose.
    In summary, embracing AI-generated tech discussions on "LowEndTalk" can open up numerous opportunities for growth, knowledge sharing, and innovation. While there are valid concerns, proper moderation and guidelines can help the forum harness the positive contributions of AI-generated content while minimizing any potential drawbacks. By doing so, "LowEndTalk" can evolve into a more vibrant and forward-thinking community, remaining at the forefront of hosting technology and innovation in the ever-evolving tech landscape.
    https://chat.openai.com/c/25f4768f-4f56-42

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Why not IAN talk?

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2023

@yoursunny said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

Why not IAN talk?

Editing it would take too much effort for my shit post. :s

edited November 2023

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@yoursunny said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

Why not IAN talk?

Editing it would take too much effort for my shit post. :s

I asked chatgpt to make two images. one futuristic. one Chinese communist style. The text is a little distorted on the 2nd one but otherwise it's awesome. "Iahan talk"

• morals? what morals

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Please note, remember this took me 8 hours to write. :#

Thanks Ian for your immense commitment to this wonderful community. I truly appreciated the existence of your post as I scrolled thru it while smoking my weed as @vitobotta recommended the other day. A beautiful mind indeed.

Could you spend the rest of the night abridging your post down to about 10 to 20 words max? That's my attention span on a good day. Hope you understand.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1mikan
  • Use whatever to keep cuts down. Using AI to reply is not a bad idea.

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

@Hxxx said:
    Use whatever to keep cuts down. Using AI to reply is not a bad idea.

Strongly disagree. Paradoxically to common expectations, increased AI adoption leads to an increase in the number of cuts. It's a trivial corollary in that, while the relative utility of the human brain gradually subsides to AI, the value of the human flesh appreciates in value compared to the brain. Shuffling the politics cards for enough decades will eventually yield the right dictator for the job, with a probability approaching 1.

Don't tell me I didn't warn you. And yes I'm building an ark on mount Sinai. (I have a license for that)

Kebab or stew?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@davide said: And yes I'm building an ark on mount Sinai.

I think you either have the wrong mountain or the wrong ark.

• davidedavide Member
    edited November 2023

@raindog308 said:

@davide said: And yes I'm building an ark on mount Sinai.

I think you either have the wrong mountain or the wrong ark.

I think Sinai sounds cooler but you'll admit you googled that one. Ah, cheater. >:)

(this message is AI-generated as the human behind the wheel has been prematurely recycled due to non-compliance)

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Ban should be applied by forum moderators to any user for violating forum rules, and it doesn't matter if they used AI or not.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @yoursunny said:
    I asked CharGBT regarding your question.
    Here are some points in response:

• Generative AI responses should be allowed in forums, but they should be marked as such for fairness sake.
    • Customers should not trust or distrust a supplier of online services solely based on their interactions on forums, but should instead measure the actual services sold.
    • Screenshots can be generated by generative AI just like other texts or images, so that posting a screenshot does not qualify as any proof.

That seems like a reasonable and well thought out response. As such, it has no business being posted here.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

ChatLGBTQIA+

Thanked by 2sillycat yoursunny
  • Honesly it’s decent sometimes but people are WAY to easily entertained

Yes, a 800 word Chat gippity essay saying nothing was funny the first time, after 500 times, it’s not funny anymore

We should just add a Vanilla function that if 200 + words are pasted, adds a warning before posting that says ”You’re not funny, continue?”