Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to uninstall geek panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how to uninstall geek panel?

i tried the panel but couldn't get it to work with my site. how do i uninstall it? the instructions aren't on the site.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Typically the best way to uninstall a hosting control panel is to reinstall the OS on the server. They're not commonly just simple applications that can be uninstalled, they more often change far too much about the system.

• Best thing would be to reinstall your vps. Quicker and cleaner than attempting to remove all the packages and config.

• how do i reinstall the vps?

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Using the control panel of your provider.

Most providers when you purchase a vps will send you the information

Details to login via ssh (unless its Hetzner and you chose ssh key)
    Details to login via the control panel where you can do things like reinstall, reboot etc

Some providers have this in a second control panel others as part of your login at their website.

If in doubt speak your vps provider

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Take note that reinstalling the OS on your VPS will delete all data on it. Make sure you have a backup of your website to upload back to the server afterward, if needed.

• tasnimtasnim Member, Host Rep

Reinstall OS and your server will be reset.
    Anyway, if you face issues with Geekpanel I suggest you to use aaPanel. Secured and simple with high performance.
    And their community support is strong.

• @tasnim said:
    Anyway, if you face issues with Geekpanel I suggest you to use aaPanel. Secured and simple with high performance.

My impression is that this op is very inexperienced. I don't think aapanel would be a good fit. Too much of a learning curve.

In my experience aapanel doesn't cope well on low spec vps and last time I tried it things like the DNS manager was broken.

• @hennaboy said:

@tasnim said:

My impression is that this op is very inexperienced. I don't think aapanel would be a good fit. Too much of a learning curve.

In my experience aapanel doesn't cope well on low spec vps and last time I tried it things like the DNS manager was broken.

aapanel is the simplest panel to install with most apps working properly.

Thanked by 1tasnim
  • tasnimtasnim Member, Host Rep

@hennaboy said:

@tasnim said:

Sometimes it happen for system confliction but yes they have to improve more.

• @cybertech said:

@hennaboy said:

@tasnim said:

aapanel is the simplest panel to install with most apps working properly.

You have your experience of it. I have mine.

I would suggest the op looks at the forum at appanel.

• Just reinstall the server, clean and fast.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@pikachupokemon said:
    how do i reinstall the vps?

Send pounds to @MichaelCee and he'll reinstall for you.

• @yoursunny said:

@pikachupokemon said:

Pounds of what?

Flour?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hennaboy said:

@yoursunny said:

@pikachupokemon said:

Pounds of what?

Flour?

Open sales ticket on https://onepoundemail.co.uk/ to find out.
    Your poundage may vary.