Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to get nameservers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how to get nameservers?

My domain is from A, my hosting is from B and I'm using cloudflare.

I'm using geek panel(just trying out as).

I'd like to know what name servers do I fill in?

Do I key the DNS in geekpanel and cloudflare and use the name servers of cloudflare in geekpanel?

Comments

• You would enter your namservers names from cloudflare where your domain name is registered; in cloudflare you create your records and use the ipaddress from your hosting provider.

CF is all fuked up atm, you may not be able to right now.

Thanked by 1sycot
  • If you register your site with Cloudflare and set the name server ●●●.ns.cloudflare.com 2 item to the domain, the domain will refer to Cloudflare's DNS. In this case, please configure Cloudflare's DNS. Hosting's DNS doesn't work.

When you change the nameservers to your hosting (example: ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com), the hosting's nameservers will work.

• @nulled said:
    You would enter your namservers names from cloudflare where your domain name is registered; in cloudflare you create your records and use the ipaddress from your hosting provider.

CF is all fuked up atm, you may not be able to right now.

My domain isn't from cloudflare.so I will put cloudflare's nameservers in geekpanel and A(where I bought my domain)?

• @balloon said:
    If you register your site with Cloudflare and set the name server ●●●.ns.cloudflare.com 2 item to the domain, the domain will refer to Cloudflare's DNS. In this case, please configure Cloudflare's DNS. Hosting's DNS doesn't work.

When you change the nameservers to your hosting (example: ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com), the hosting's nameservers will work.

Do I put cloudflare's nameservers in A(where I bought the domain) and geekpanel?

• Do I put cloudflare's nameservers in A(where I bought the domain) and geekpanel?

There's no need for that. DNS references are determined by the domain's name servers.

• babywhalebabywhale Member
    edited November 2023

go to your dns records on A to use custom nameservers for cloudflare.
    then type in the dns servers that cloudflare wants you to use, its something like athena.cloudflare.com and steven.cloudflare.com.

On cloudflare you will use the ipv4/6 to create an A and AAAA record that is pointing to the hosting on B.

hope this helps!

• @babywhale said: go to your dns records on A to use custom nameservers for cloudflare. its something like athena.cloudflare.com and steven.cloudflare.com.

athena.ns.cloudflare.com and steven.ns.cloudflare.com (which would be correct) is your account. This subdomain varies depending on your account. That's why I wrote "name server ●●●.ns.cloudflare.com 2 item".

Thanked by 1babywhale
  • @balloon said:

@babywhale said: go to your dns records on A to use custom nameservers for cloudflare. its something like athena.cloudflare.com and steven.cloudflare.com.

athena.ns.cloudflare.com and steven.ns.cloudflare.com (which would be correct) is your account. This subdomain varies depending on your account. That's why I wrote "name server ●●●.ns.cloudflare.com 2 item".

it should be under dns settings for your domain on cloudflare

• balloonballoon Member
    edited November 2023

@pikachupokemon said:
    My domain isn't from cloudflare.so I will put cloudflare's nameservers in geekpanel and A(where I bought my domain)?

You don't seem to understand the comment. The first thing you need to check here is the nameservers of the domain you purchased. Not cloudflare or geekpanel. Also, there should be an item for nameservers, which requires at least two items to be set, instead of zones where you set A, AAAA, and TXT records.

Thanked by 1babywhale
  • @balloon said:
    You don't seem to understand the comment. The first thing you need to check here is the nameservers of the domain you purchased. Not cloudflare or geekpanel.

oh my bad, i think you need to add your domain to cloudflare so you can use there service's.

• @babywhale said: i think you need to add your domain to cloudflare so you can use there service's.

yes. You will need at least a purchased domain. Free (sub)domains can hardly be registered. (Probably around EU.org)

• tasnimtasnim Member, Host Rep

Simply, add domain on cloudflare then add two name server in your domain which is given by cloudflare.
    Now, create A record with your hosting IP address in your cloudflare DNS section.
    Like for main domain you can create two A record Host: @ and Host: *

• I am using nameservers from freedns. I don't think it's needed then.> @tasnim said:

Simply, add domain on cloudflare then add two name server in your domain which is given by cloudflare.
    Now, create A record with your hosting IP address in your cloudflare DNS section.

• @tasnim said:

Do I put the DNS of my hosting into the geekpanel of my hosting?

Also, geekpanel root is asking for my nameservers and I don't think it's correct to put cloudflare nameservers as the default one

• @babywhale said:
    go to your dns records on A to use custom nameservers for cloudflare.
    then type in the dns servers that cloudflare wants you to use, its something like athena.cloudflare.com and steven.cloudflare.com.

On cloudflare you will use the ipv4/6 to create an A and AAAA record that is pointing to the hosting on B.

hope this helps!

I only have ipv4 from the VPs hosting, no ipv5

@pikachupokemon said:

@tasnim said:

Also, geekpanel root is asking for my nameservers and I don't think it's correct to put cloudflare nameservers as the default one

If you use Cloudflare then you don't need to setup private name server on geekpanel.
    Just add your domain in geekpanel as website/wordpress and then put your VPS IPv4 as A record that I already told you.

• @tasnim said:

@pikachupokemon said:

@tasnim said:

If you use Cloudflare then you don't need to setup private name server on geekpanel.
    Just add your domain in geekpanel as website/wordpress and then put your VPS IPv4 as A record that I already told you.

Do I added name servers of cloudflare inside geekpanel?

Now cloudflare and domain A has A record of hosting b. Domain A has cloudflare's nameservers. Still not working though

• @pikachupokemon said:

@tasnim said:

@pikachupokemon said:

@tasnim said:

Now cloudflare and domain A has A record of hosting b. Domain A has cloudflare's nameservers. Still not working though

Did you use the Cloudflare API?

edited November 2023

@pikachupokemon said:

@tasnim said:

@pikachupokemon said:

@tasnim said:

Did you add your domain in geekpanel yet? If not then add asap.
    No need to add CF name server in geekpanel.

• balloonballoon Member
    edited November 2023

@pikachupokemon said:
    I am using nameservers from freedns.

OK. I understand what you want to do. (FreeDNS = freedns.afraid.org)

You cannot register a Cloudflare site using a subdomain provided by FreeDNS. (Verify the domain using the Public Suffix List) Do not use Cloudflare in this case.

Instead, refer to the server directly with the A record (or AAAA, CNAME record) from FreeDNS. You can now use the server's web functionality. Email is not available. To do this, you will need some records, but FreeDNS's free plan has its limits. Also it will be blocked by other servers.

I have no experience with geekpanel, so I'll leave this to other people's comments.

• @balloon said:

@pikachupokemon said:
    I am using nameservers from freedns.

OK. I understand what you want to do. (FreeDNS = freedns.afraid.org)

You cannot register a Cloudflare site using a subdomain provided by FreeDNS. (Verify the domain using the Public Suffix List) Do not use Cloudflare in this case.

Instead, refer to the server directly with the A record (or AAAA, CNAME record) from FreeDNS. You can now use the server's web functionality. Email is not available. To do this, you will need some records, but FreeDNS's free plan has its limits. Also it will be blocked by other servers.

I have no experience with geekpanel, so I'll leave this to other people's comments.

i wanna use cloudflare and not freedns.

• i wanna use cloudflare and not freedns.

No. never.

• @balloon said:

i wanna use cloudflare and not freedns.

No. never.

i don't get it.

• Fabian47Fabian47 Member
    edited November 2023
    1. Login to cloudflare > Add site > Add your domain name.
    2. Copy the Nameserver to be used when cloudflare shows you when setting up
    3. Login to your domain registrar (which I think you said A).
    4. Go to domain DNS setting, Custom Nameserver. Then enter the two cloudflare nameserver.
    5. Finally Login to cloudflare, complete the setup. Add A record and point it to the IP address of your hosting (B).

There is nothing to do in your Geek Panel dns setting. Your DNS was managed by cloudflare once you setup cloudflare. All the DNS records will be added on your cloudflare dashboard

• Just change the NS record of the registrar to the NS record of cloudflare.