Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about buyvm fair share cpu usage [lowendsupport]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about buyvm fair share cpu usage [lowendsupport]

I see slice 1024 says fair-share CPU usage is 25%.
This mean I should keep my usage around 25% on my VM?
or
I should keep CPU usage around 25% according to stallion info?
or
Buyvm have some per vm CPU limits in implemented and I'm good with constant 60-80% cpu usage on my VM?

@Francisco

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dodheimsgard said: Buyvm have some per vm CPU limits in implemented and I'm good with constant 60-80% cpu usage on my VM?

Depends on the plan.

4GB and above can max their cores 24/7. A 1G has a 25% guarantee allocation, and the 2G's have a 50% guarantee.

If a node is not suffering steal then we generally let things go. If we get some big wave of 1G's all hammering the CPU (some new shit coin, whatever) then we'll mass cap down to the guaranteed limit.

Francisco

Thanked by 1dodheimsgard
  • @Francisco said:

@dodheimsgard said: Buyvm have some per vm CPU limits in implemented and I'm good with constant 60-80% cpu usage on my VM?

Depends on the plan.

4GB and above can max their cores 24/7. A 1G has a 25% guarantee allocation, and the 2G's have a 50% guarantee.

If a node is not suffering steal then we generally let things go. If we get some big wave of 1G's all hammering the CPU (some new shit coin, whatever) then we'll mass cap down to the guaranteed limit.

Francisco

Thanks a ton, thats explanation I was looking for :smile: