Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XerozTech lies about its Unlimited Bandwidth (only 1TB month)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XerozTech lies about its Unlimited Bandwidth (only 1TB month)

Hi!

I bought a VPS at Xeroz Tech (xeroz.tech), the cheaper one (VPS - 1), at 1.50€ month. At first they put me in Singapure (I didn't pay the extra 2€ to go to Singapure), so I opened a ticket and they put my VPS in The Netherlands, where it should be at first. And the VPS run fine the first 10 days, all good, just one day where it had 1h53m downtime, but for me that's okay.

What's not okay is that, out of nowhere, I received an email saying I passed the 90% bandwidth allowed, and I thought this couldn't be ok because I have unlimited bandwidth (with FUP, of course). Sent them an email and they say there's a 1TB limit on all their VPS...

On their site:

On their FAQ right under their VPS prices:

On a ticket I opened:

On a url inside their client area (my.xeroz.tech):

They are simply tricking people to buy their VPS by "advertising" them as unlimited when they are limited to a single 1TB per month.

I was happy with their service and their prices and I was thinking of upgrading to the VPS - 2, but with this limit and fooling their clients like this, I will not buy anymore services from them.

I feel the need to advise other people thinking to buy there, and to see what they say about this here on LET.

Comments

• What made you pick this provider? 🤔

Plus the support says you need to contact them for additional 1tb.. and once that is used, contact again and they will add 1tb so on and on...

So what's the issue?

Thanked by 1jingfanqin
  • The support only says that after the purchase, that's the issue. If I knew before hand it was just 1TB, I wouldn't buy it on the first place because I need like 10TB for month.

I pick them because they were the cheapest in Europe for the specs they offer, and of course, because they supposedly were "unlimited".

• It's "technically" unlimited but I can see your frustration OP, their fair use policy is hidden in the "Latest Updates" tab on the bottom of the page where one might expect an AUP link where there is not one.

Find another host I guess.

• DxmarDxmar Member
    edited October 2023

Yeah, it's a dirty play, but well, it's more to advise others on that, or for them at least be more transparent on this. I even asked for the 1TB free just to use more this server because right now I have it in idle (995GB used already). Imagine doing this 10x times every month...

I am already on Unesty (got a really good deal on their halloween sales), and am seeing Webtropia, Uniheberg.fr and Lifeheberg.com, they have excellent deals for 3 or 4 cores and 40TB or unlimited bandwidth for 5€ month. Am just waiting for the BF deals to see if I catch an even better deal than these ones.

• Get the dirt in their eye, order more servers.

Thanked by 2ariq01 sasslik
  • Just setup a crontab posting ticket-request for 1TB every 5 days :D

Yeah, this is very fucking anti consumer-friendly. They could just link to that 1TB rules on the offer, but well you stuck now.

Thanked by 2sillycat Ympker
  • One q. How did you find this host? Who told you it's good? Did you check any reviews?

• DxmarDxmar Member
    edited October 2023

@JabJab said:
    Just setup a crontab posting ticket-request for 1TB every 5 days :D

Yeah, this is very fucking anti consumer-friendly. They could just link to that 1TB rules on the offer, but well you stuck now.

That would be funny ahah.

I will just not pay any more month (I have more 14 days with them in this VPS, and it's only 1.50€). I still enjoyed half month of it. The frustration is more that I thought I had found a nice deal on the 3€ VPS - 2, if it was unlimited.

@plumberg said:
    One q. How did you find this host? Who told you it's good? Did you check any reviews?

Well, in the past 3 weeks I searched and saw like hundreds of providers and their offers. I went to Trust Pilot, Server Hunter, LET, LES, LEB, Low End Stock, Google searching in Germany, France, The Netherlands, Italy, UK, Spain, and with keywords like VPS, VDS, Unmetered, Unlimited, 2 or 4 Cores,...

I found Xeroz Tech on this cool page of nice deals: https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/

@plumberg said:
    One q. How did you find this host? Who told you it's good? Did you check any reviews?

Well, in the past 3 weeks I searched and saw like hundreds of providers and their offers. I went to Trust Pilot, Server Hunter, LET, LES, LEB, Low End Stock, Google searching in Germany, France, The Netherlands, Italy, UK, Spain, and with keywords like VPS, VDS, Unmetered, Unlimited, 2 or 4 Cores,...

I found Xeroz Tech on this cool page of nice deals: https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/

I hope you realize it's not official LE* list, right?

Next time search here. For last couple of weeks, this provider has nothing but issues reported. So not sure what / how did you decide to pick this one.

Better to do more due diligence in future.

Also if it is too good to be true, it probably is. So don't get caught up with the flow and order services on a whim. Many hosts will try to attract by providing such deals which may not be sustainable in short and long term

• XD, it says "fair use" first hit its not fully unlimited, if the price is not around 50 its also not fully unlimited. But 1TB is not a lot.

• @plumberg said:

Next time search here. For last couple of weeks, this provider has nothing but issues reported. So not sure what / how did you decide to pick this one.

Also if it is too good to be true, it probably is. So don't get caught up with the flow and order services on a whim. Many hosts will try to attract by providing such deals which may not be sustainable in short and long term

Right. I am new to LET and just starting posting and seeing reviews here 3 weeks ago, and it surely helped to bail out some providers. It was just 1.50€ that I could spend to try it out.

About Xeroz Tech, their review on Trust Pilot is actually good: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/xeroz.tech

But I expect to see some 1 star reviews on the near future when people that really need unlimited bandwidth, like me, start complaining on Trust Pilot. Unless they be more transparent in the meanwhile.

My only issue with them is the bandwidth limit that was falsely advertised. An uptime of 98% (they even have a site where you can see all the uptimes of their nodes) is super ok for me. The support is actually good and answers in a matter of hours. But I only bought from them because they have ∞ Bandwidth (Fair-Use) on all their VPS plans.

@kait said:
    XD, it says "fair use" first hit its not fully unlimited, if the price is not around 50 its also not fully unlimited. But 1TB is not a lot.

Yeah. One thing is saying Unlimited and letting you have more bandwidth (mbps) when you have your peaks and on most of the time you are consuming little to nothing (fair use). Another is giving you 32TB Out written on the specs (like Contabo). And another is saying ∞ and then you just have 1TB lol

• @Dxmar said:

@plumberg said:

Right. I am new to LET and just starting posting and seeing reviews here 3 weeks ago, and it surely helped to bail out some providers. It was just 1.50€ that I could spend to try it out.

Your account was created in 2017.... interesting....

• @plumberg said:
    Your account was created in 2017.... interesting....

Yeah. More interesting is, if you open the Comments section, you can see that I only started posting since October 22nd 2023.

You can open an account for whatever reason and just not be on a forum. I am active here since 3 weeks ago (mainly reading) and only after started posting.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

OK, so you pay 1.50€ and expect to be able to use 10TB?
    That is your own naivety at fault, regardless of their marketing methods.
    The old adage applies here: "If something seems too good to be true, it probably isn't true."

~ SMARTHOST

• @SmartHost said:
    OK, so you pay 1.50€ and expect to be able to use 10TB?
    That is your own naivety at fault, regardless of their marketing methods.
    The old adage applies here: "If something seems too good to be true, it probably isn't true."

~ SMARTHOST

Of course I expect it when I had other VPS for 2€ or 2.50€ with unmetered bandwidth, it would just be a bit more cheaper. I can give you examples: Superior Networks, InovaPerf, even OVH with their 1€ Starter VPS with 1 core, 2GB and unlimited 100mbps port. How and why can they do this, it doesn't matter to me. For me what matters is for me to have what they say I will have if I buy their product/service.

"If something seems too good to be true, it probably isn't true", in that regard then Contabo is just so good to be true and nobody would buy their cheap 8GB, 4 cores, 32TB bandwidth for 4.50€... I don't buy from them just because of the 200mbps limit, otherwise I would buy one now.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The Page says "Fair Use", so what is your problem?
    It does not say unlimited, just read please.

Thanked by 1khalequzzaman
  • @CyberneticTitan said: It's "technically" unlimited

Err no it aint, dunno how you would consider this technically.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • Lmao wtf does "no all of our services are fair use, it can be that some of our products aren't fair use" even mean?

Thanked by 2netomx Dxmar
  • DxmarDxmar Member
    edited October 2023

@Neoon said:

You better get some glasses, please:

Link in case you need it: https://my.xeroz.tech/VPS

@Dxmar said:

@Neoon said:

You better get some glasses, please:

Link in case you need it: https://my.xeroz.tech/VPS

The screenshots you posted indicated Fair Use only.
    Now you posted one where it says Unlimited but behind it does mention Fair Use.

So my point still stands.

• @Neoon said:
    It does not say unlimited

It says, sir.

@Neoon said:
    The screenshots you posted indicated Fair Use only.
    Now you posted one where it says Unlimited but behind it does mention Fair Use.

The screenshots are clear, even have an infinite symbol there. Infinite/unlimited/unmetered with fair use is different than 1TB limited fair use. That's the point of this Review, showing that the provider is falsely advertising something that they don't offer.

@Neoon said:
    So my point still stands.

Well, it kinda doesn't.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    Err no it aint, dunno how you would consider this technically.

Because you could continuously request additional 1TB bw and they will approve it as long as you're not abusing the network?

• I wish some hosts were more clear about what is Unmetered or Unlimited Bandwidth. If I were you, I would've opened a ticket to find more info on what they consider fair use before buying so I'm not stuck in this situation.

Thanked by 1Dxmar
  • @concept said:
    I wish some hosts were more clear about what is Unmetered or Unlimited Bandwidth. If I were you, I would've opened a ticket to find more info on what they consider fair use before buying so I'm not stuck in this situation.

Yeah, I wish the same. And yeah, that's a good tip, to ask first and buy second.

• File a complaint with the NL's version of BBB

• @CyberneticTitan said: Because you could continuously request additional 1TB bw and they will approve it as long as you're not abusing the network?

threfor its not unlimited, it requires communication so it has a limit, and define abusing the network, people like yourself are part of this issue you seem to support it.

if it has a limit which it clearly does it should not be called unlimited

• The user will need to reach 1TB BW first, then can request another. But that causes downtime between 2 actions. That's not good for production things.
    Second, the provider has all the right to suspend your VPS if you request much BW. So, deal again with the provider that I need 10TB per month, so the provider should expect they will receive 10 tickets each month. If they accept that, you can still use that.
    I didn't see any provider offers 10TB/month for that kind of VPS with 1.5eur.

• edited October 2023

@TarZZ92 said:
    threfor its not unlimited, it requires communication so it has a limit, and define abusing the network, people like yourself are part of this issue you seem to support it.

if it has a limit which it clearly does it should not be called unlimited

That's your interpretation and that's fair. My interpretation is there is no ceiling on the amount of traffic a client can push as long as they are not abusing the network. Just to be clear I don't like their policy either, but calling it limited isn't strictly true either.

There are many hosts that advertise unlimited BW subject to their AUP. You might still consider that as strictly NOT unlimited and that's fine, go bring your pitchforks to them.

You buy a VPS with a 1Gbps dedicated port. We might as well call them limited because you can't push 1PB upload in a month.

• I've never liked the description of "unmetered bandwidth" with a tiny asterisk "fair-use" without any link to what "fair-use" actually means.

At the very least, write "unmetered bandwidth (usage policy)" with a direct link (or even better, a pop-up) with what the usage policy actually is, and how it works.

I think this community only accepts the current state of affairs because quite a few well-liked companies do this.

(I say this as a person who has never gotten close to reaching a fair-use limit, I just think its slightly scummy to be advertising your services like this)

Thanked by 1tentor

Fair Use is basically a scam, they have a limit but they are not telling you what it is.
    You going to find it out though, if you hit it.

On the other hand, the page mentioned it, also for 1.5€ you are not going to blast a shiton of TB's.