Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH SYS Game Server or Shockhosting Dedicated Server: Which one do you prefer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH SYS Game Server or Shockhosting Dedicated Server: Which one do you prefer?

Server1:
SYS-GAME-APAC-1-2
US$ 55.19/month
Processor: Intel i7-7700K - 4c/8t - 4.2 GHz/4.5 GHz
Memory: 64GB DDR4 2400MHz
Storage: 2× 450GB SSD NVMe + 1× 4TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
Bandwidth: 250 Mbit/s - Limited traffic 10TB

Server2 (From Shockhosting):

Intel® Xeon™ E3-1270 v3 3.5 GHz, 4c/8t
Memory: 32 GB DDR3
Storage: 2 × 480 GB SSD
Bandwidth: 10 TB Bandwidth 1 Gbps Port
$59.99/month

I don't require a lot of speed or bandwidth. For me, 100 mbps is more than sufficient. Is there anyone who can advise which will perform better?
Could someone please let me know how long it would take to get an Ovh SYS game server and if it's reliable?

Anyone know a better offer than the above two servers?

my budget is 60$/month (max) and i prefer fully dedicated resources in Singapore Location.

Comments

• Go with Ovh
    Ryzen 5600x
    64gb ddr4
    2x512gb nvme

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • @c_vps said:
    Go with Ovh
    Ryzen 5600x
    64gb ddr4
    2x512gb nvme

it's out of stock now in singapore location. i must take it if its available. thanks for the suggestion.

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited October 2023

I think OVH is a good option...
    Especially since setup fee is free right now on a few APAC servers, not all.
    The setup fee is usually the same amount as the price of the server.

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • OVH is the better pick. You can knock that $55 to $48/mo for the SYS APAC box if you commit to quarterly, or down to $40/mo for a full year commitment. It's not advertised but you have to go to the actual checkout page to see those discounted rates.

OVH servers deliver within like 15 minutes, although if you haven't been ID-verified yet it can take up to 72 hours.

@OVH_APAC any idea on what the GAME-1 Singapore stock looks like?

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • @PineappleM said: OVH is the better pick. You can knock that $55 to $48/mo for the SYS APAC box if you commit to quarterly, or down to $40/mo for a full year commitment. It's not advertised but you have to go to the actual checkout page to see those discounted rates.

I wouldn't trust that the rebate will remain intact after the commitment ends, however. So I wouldn't.

If I try to commit on my discounted servers, I see a non-discounted price (never proceeded, however).

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@OVH_APAC any idea on what the GAME-1 Singapore stock looks like?

Hello @PineappleM , unfortunately we've fully sold out Game-1 and 2 in Singapore datacenter :/