Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta owned license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta owned license

xyl0nxyl0n Member
edited October 2023 in Service Transfers

Hello,

selling Blesta owned license

200$

20$ is service transfer from Blesta and will be extra

Paypal, revolut, you can get a invoice.

best wishes

Comments

• There are 3 versions of the Owned license. Which one do you offer?

• are there? it's unbranded

• @kainjinez you want it?

• New price only 140$

• I got $100 I can throw down :)

• 5 dollars

Thanked by 1thane
  • tasnimtasnim Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2023

$50 including transfer fee 20

• @tasnim said:

You sell to me?

• tasnimtasnim Member, Host Rep

@thane said:

@tasnim said:

You sell to me?

No no, I'm offering this price as bid.

• what's wrong with you people?

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@xyl0n said:
    what's wrong with you people?

As the name of the forum suggests you are seeing the "low end" of possible offers for your license.

Thanked by 3plumberg Rolter thane
  • ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

$100 including transfer fee.

• Does it still have support? Assuming it's not the lifetime support and upgrades version.

In fact does anyone know the difference between the versions, in terms of a new install of the licence?

I know you get support and upgrades for 1 year. with the owned unbranded and it says you can upgrade, to a new patch version after the updates expired.

But what if you reinstall Blesta with expired updates, that expired on version 3.x ? do you reinstall the version of blesta that was available when you purchased the licence or do you get the latest version currently 5.8.2?

• @nocloud said:
    In fact does anyone know the difference between the versions, in terms of a new install of the licence?

Except for the billing term, the only difference is branded or non-branded. You can do new installations with all versions similarly as long as your license is active (subscription or updates on lifetime).

I know you get support and upgrades for 1 year. with the owned unbranded and it says you can upgrade, to a new patch version after the updates expired.

Patch version is 1.2.x

But what if you reinstall Blesta with expired updates, that expired on version 3.x ? do you reinstall the version of blesta that was available when you purchased the licence or do you get the latest version currently 5.8.2?

If new installations are allowed on expired licenses (what I doubt), then just up to the patch version until your update subscription expired (so 3.1.x). If you could do a reinstall to the latest version, what would be the point of selling update subscriptions?

Thanked by 1nocloud
  • It's actually really simply laid out in their TOS. If using the Owned licenses in production, you would definitely want to keep the support/updates plan active, otherwise be stuck on the patch version and not be eligible for major/minor updates... Essentially, the Owned license is like having 75% discount vs the monthly license (because you still need to pay the $39 yearly fee instead of $15 monthly fee.

It's the Owned-Lifetime licenses that are really valuable, because then you get updates+support forever*.

https://docs.blesta.com/display/support/Support+and+Updates

Can I upgrade Blesta if my Support and Updates have expired?
    If your Support and Updates have expired, you can only upgrade to a newer patch version of your current minor version. For example, if you are currently using Blesta version 4.5.0, but Blesta has released version 4.5.1 and 4.5.2, you can upgrade to either 4.5.1 or 4.5.2 even if your Support and Updates are expired.

You will need to renew your Support and Updates if you want to upgrade to a newer major or minor release. A new major or minor release is any version of Blesta where either of the first two sets of numbers differs from your current version. For instance, if you are using version 4.5.0 of Blesta (i.e. major version 4, minor version 5, patch version 0), you cannot upgrade to version 4.6.0 or 5.0.0 without current Support and Updates.

*until they change their mind, like companies do lol.

• @xyl0n said:
    what's wrong with you people?

lol

• kdhkdh Member
    edited November 2023

@xyl0n said:
    200$

20$ is service transfer from Blesta and will be extra

You can literally obtain a Owned Unbranded License for 185$ from a reseller, or 180$ at blesta.com during Black Fridays. It's even lower for Branded Licenses. You'll definitely need to lower your price if you want to sell your license.

• @thane said:
    It's actually really simply laid out in their TOS. If using the Owned licenses in production, you would definitely want to keep the support/updates plan active, otherwise be stuck on the patch version and not be eligible for major/minor updates... Essentially, the Owned license is like having 75% discount vs the monthly license (because you still need to pay the $39 yearly fee instead of $15 monthly fee.

It's the Owned-Lifetime licenses that are really valuable, because then you get updates+support forever*.

If your Support and Updates have expired, you can only upgrade to a newer patch version of your current minor version. For example, if you are currently using Blesta version 4.5.0, but Blesta has released version 4.5.1 and 4.5.2, you can upgrade to either 4.5.1 or 4.5.2 even if your Support and Updates are expired.

You will need to renew your Support and Updates if you want to upgrade to a newer major or minor release. A new major or minor release is any version of Blesta where either of the first two sets of numbers differs from your current version. For instance, if you are using version 4.5.0 of Blesta (i.e. major version 4, minor version 5, patch version 0), you cannot upgrade to version 4.6.0 or 5.0.0 without current Support and Updates.

Thanks, I had already read the link you sent, but it's not really clear in my opinion. As it doesn't mention a clean install of an owned licence. When you reinstall to have to add the new IP to you blesta or reseller account so that the new install works.

My question, which maybe I didn't write write very well, is on a fresh install, will you get the latest version?

• @nocloud said:

@thane said:
    It's actually really simply laid out in their TOS. If using the Owned licenses in production, you would definitely want to keep the support/updates plan active, otherwise be stuck on the patch version and not be eligible for major/minor updates... Essentially, the Owned license is like having 75% discount vs the monthly license (because you still need to pay the $39 yearly fee instead of $15 monthly fee.

Thanks, I had already read the link you sent, but it's not really clear in my opinion. As it doesn't mention a clean install of an owned licence. When you reinstall to have to add the new IP to you blesta or reseller account so that the new install works.

My question, which maybe I didn't write write very well, is on a fresh install, will you get the latest version?

I thought I read they said "you always get access to download the latest beta". So I guess in a way you always get access to a newer version - just not an auto update, and maybe not a "latest stable" version - just latest betas... Not a terrible deal.

• you can easily switch from trial key and back to your license and still have recent version, no need for "support upgrade"