Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giveaway Help and Suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Giveaway Help and Suggestions

HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

I'm planning to do a giveaway - total 11 items which includes different gadgets

I've already selected 10 giveaways items but I'm not able to figure out the #1 giveaway

I intend to have the #1 giveaway an android phone under $200 on amazon.com

Since we will be only able to ship it within US but if you are not from US, don't worry we can give you account credit if you will be one of the winners, so anybody around the world can participate in our upcoming giveaway

But LET'ers I need your help me find what kind of giveaway would you like to have as the #1 giveaway ... it should be under $200 and should be available on amazon.com, since we are not a US business, it's not possible for us to order from other sources in US, hence I need something that's available on amazon.com ... do give me the link on amazon.com of the product that you are recommending.

you may even suggest something other then android mobile, but android mobiles are like everybody uses a mobile these days, so it might be useful to whoever wins, may be not as their primary device but can be used as a primary device or even to give to one of their family members or a kid in family ...

So please help me out with it :smiley:

Thanked by 1harrison

Comments

• bdlbdl Member
    edited October 2023

Not an android device, but maybe a $200 Amazon gift card? (Or equivalent in local Amazon currency?)

• harrisonharrison Member
    edited October 2023

Samsung Galaxy A23 or a maybe one of those Xiaomis?
    Whatever you do, please don't allow spam in your giveaway post. You can limit participation to 1 or 2 comment per person.
    Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • maybe you can ask what they want when they win (if from US)

• android phone for $200 from amazon?? do we look like children to you?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@bench said:
    android phone for $200 from amazon?? do we look like children to you?

I don’t know who is a kid here and who is not and that’s why asking for suggestions

• A gift card probably is the best way to go.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2023

Since you wish Amazon, just send gift cards. Please note there is also:

• amazon.co.uk
    • amazon.de
    • amazon.fr

You have multiple stores on Amazon, so gift cards could be given into multiple regions.

• A gift card is suitable for normal people and for scammers. Universal item without age restriction.

@bdl said:
    Not an android device, but maybe a $200 Amazon gift card? (Or equivalent in local Amazon currency?)

I would prefer to give something physical rather then a Amazon Gift card

@harrison said:
    Samsung Galaxy A23 or a maybe one of those Xiaomis?
    Whatever you do, please don't allow spam in your giveaway post. You can limit participation to 1 or 2 comment per person.
    Just my 2 cents.

I may be able to increase the prize value to even upto $250 if there is something worth it

Not necessarily a mobile phone

@arachi004 said:
    maybe you can ask what they want when they win (if from US)

Yeah this is something that can be done ...

Thanks

@amaeva080 said:
    A gift card probably is the best way to go.

Sorry but I prefer to gift something physical rather then a gift card

@default said:
    Since you wish Amazon, just send gift cards. Please note there is also:

• amazon.co.uk
    • amazon.de
    • amazon.fr

You have multiple stores on Amazon, so gift cards could be given into multiple regions.

@LTniger said:
    A gift card is suitable for normal people and for scammers. Universal item without age restriction.

:wink:

@bench said:

Sorry but I prefer to gift something physical rather then a gift card or cash

• In that case probably give a choice of a couple of different types of things. Allow the winner to choose. The different physical things could have some variety based on age, regional preference etc to cater to different tastes.

@amaeva080 said:
    In that case probably give a choice of a couple of different types of things. Allow the winner to choose. The different physical things could have some variety based on age, regional preference etc to cater to different tastes.

Yeah that's a good idea, may be some of you can suggest me some goods that's close to $200 that you think would interest LET users ?

Thanked by 1amaeva080
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2023

@HostEONS said:

Awesome. A graphics card. These are expensive and rare. I think everybody likes to play games sometimes. And you can use Amazon from Europe and Amazon from US.

Another idea: a Raspberry Pi 5 complete kit for those who love small servers or tinkering with smart devices.

Thanked by 2HostEONS BasToTheMax
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2023

Just had another idea which does not require US: lifetime storage from something like pCloud or Koofr (because these support rclone and can successfully be used with servers for backups).

• @default said: ... Raspberry Pi 5 complete kit ...

yeah, something that I would love too ...
    android phone for around US$200-US$250, might fall into 'lowend' spec android phone, but still winner have to pay $$$ custom-duty-fee in many countries :/
    maybe, (multifunction) ebook reader ?

Thanked by 1HostEONS

@default said:

@HostEONS said:

Awesome. A graphics card. These are expensive and rare. I think everybody likes to play games sometimes. And you can use Amazon from Europe and Amazon from US.

Another idea: a Raspberry Pi 5 complete kit for those who love small servers or tinkering with smart devices.

@0xC7 said:

@default said: ... Raspberry Pi 5 complete kit ...

yeah, something that I would love too ...
    android phone for around US$200-US$250, might fall into 'lowend' spec android phone, but still winner have to pay $$$ custom-duty-fee in many countries :/
    maybe, (multifunction) ebook reader ?

Yeah Graphic Card and Raspberry Pi 5 complete kit both looks good option

Regarding custom duty this is the reason for users outside US I would give account credits

@default I'm not really into gaming especially PC gaming, which graphic card would you recommend in this budget ?

Also Raspberry Pi 5 doesn't seems to be available on Amazon, so I can probably have 2 x #1 price and give Raspberry Pi 4 kits :smile:

• Dedicated server $10-$20

• Latest Raspberry/Orange Pi kit
    • (Portable) storage drive
    • A good quality (USB-C/GAN) charger

A gift card is also a great solution, Imo, it could be a StackSocial gift card, not only Amzn one.

• Raspberry Pi Kit!