Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming offer suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Upcoming offer suggestions

ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2023 in General

Hello everyone!

I am looking for suggestions on plan specifications and maybe price too.

I have a pool of these resources to start with.
96 CPU with base clock of 2.8 GHz. It's AMD EPYC Rome.
1TB ram
32TB disk space. It's nvme.

What kind of plans would you like to see that would efficiently make use of these resources?

So far I'm thinking this as an entry server
2 CPU
4GB RAM
50GB storage

$2/month would be ideal if I'm to make ROI in <12 months.

However there's so much disk and ram (especially after you enable ksm).

And yes. This time it won't be OpenVZ 7 or 9 but kvm.

Thanked by 1Ganonk

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • @FAT32 said: $7/yr.

that's the price of Nat services. I don't think that it is justifiable economically with the said config.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

@yusra said:

@FAT32 said: $7/yr.

that's the price of Nat services. I don't think that it is justifiable economically with the said config.

Yeah. It has to be economically viable for the 1st year. Once ROI is made I'm happy to lower prices from the example 2 dollars a month to 1.3 dollars etc

Thanked by 1yusra
  • I'd like to remind people that @ezeth is a proxy of CCP and he threatened to put me into a concentration camp in XUAR.

@ezeth said: Why are you still allowed internet access and not in reeducarion camp yet?

Thanked by 2PhantomPain einverne
  • $12/yr🤗

Thanked by 1PhantomPain
  • A good idea could be to offer the Greencloud VPS 1010 plan, which costs $100 for three years, but make it so people can pay each month. This way, you can show the community that you're committed to providing a reliable service and won't give up on it like a "failed project

@ask_seek_knock said:
    I'd like to remind people that @ezeth is a proxy of CCP and he threatened to put me into a concentration camp in XUAR.

@ezeth said: Why are you still allowed internet access and not in reeducarion camp yet?

I understand that words on the internet can flow like a river, taking different shapes in different minds. Just as bamboo remains unswayed in the storm, I stand firm in the realm of facts and clarity. As the ancient sages often sought higher wisdom, let us rise above the chatter of the marketplace and seek elevated discourse, shall we?

• No offer can compel me to try your services again after the massive poop show last time

edited October 2023

@host4cheap said: A good idea could be to offer the Greencloud VPS 1010 plan, which costs $100 for three years, but make it so people can pay each month.

Yes I agree. I don't want to provide any multi year plans, monthly billing max. The only reason I offered yearly plans was to avoid abuse of services. But by forcing 3D secure and using Alipay there was no abuse even on the $0.5 for 3 month of hosting plan.

• @ezeth i believe in you now.
    bring the kvm's and mark my seat :)

Here's another suggestion on a plan type

8GB Ram
    4 CPU
    100GB Disk (or more like 150-250GB)
    1 IPV4
    $2.5 month

• ^ you are making me horny ... stop

• @ehab said:
    ^ you are making me horny ... stop

It'll give you ED once none of it works lol

• @Astro said:

@ehab said:
    ^ you are making me horny ... stop

It'll give you ED once none of it works lol

u mean its all bluff!

• Cheap VPS
    1 CPU
    5 GB SSD Storage
    0.5 GB RAM
    500 GB Monthly Transfer
    500Mbps Network Port
    1 Dedicated IPv4 + /64 IPv6 Address
    KVM
    Automatic weekly backups to an offsite location
    ONLY $4.95/YEAR!

• After all the trouble last time, $2/month is my max. No way I'd do an annual. I'd also strongly recommend you run a beta first to show what you've learned/improved.

• @ezeth said:

8GB Ram
    4 CPU
    1 IPV4
    $2.5 month

KVM
    4 CPU
    8GB RAM
    250GB RAID-10 Disk
    1-10 Gbps Network Port
    5-10 TB Monthly Transfer
    1 IPV4 + /64 IPv6
    $25/y

• @ezeth said:

8GB Ram
    4 CPU
    1 IPV4
    $2.5 month

Where is ipv6?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ezeth said:

@ask_seek_knock said:
    I'd like to remind people that @ezeth is a proxy of CCP and he threatened to put me into a concentration camp in XUAR.

I understand that words on the internet can flow like a river, taking different shapes in different minds. Just as bamboo remains unswayed in the storm, I stand firm in the realm of facts and clarity. As the ancient sages often sought higher wisdom, let us rise above the chatter of the marketplace and seek elevated discourse, shall we?

Quite sure it's you who don't understand western languages have more concrete meaning and not in fluctuation. Bamboo do sway in storm but they usually don't snap. It's the opposite of "stand firm in the realm of facts and clarity".

"the ancient sages" as they were in MJJ country never seek wisdom but only to impose their idea on people. Which unfortunately leads to a culture of not listening to younger generations and plenty of abuse cases.

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I thought bamboo swayed in the wind.

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
    edited October 2023

@raindog308 said:
    I thought bamboo swayed in the wind.

Indeed, bamboo does sway. My reference was thematic, echoing a cultural metaphor, not a botanical observation

@hades_corps said:

@ezeth said:

@ask_seek_knock said:

Quite sure it's you who don't understand western languages have more concrete meaning and not in fluctuation. Bamboo do sway in storm but they usually don't snap. It's the opposite of "stand firm in the realm of facts and clarity".

"the ancient sages" as they were in MJJ country never seek wisdom but only to impose their idea on people. Which unfortunately leads to a culture of not listening to younger generations and plenty of abuse cases.

Ah, the nuance of language is like the intricate dance of dragonflies over a serene pond. Your observation about bamboo is apt; it bends but does not break, reflecting resilience rather than rigidness. When I speak of standing firm, it is about upholding principles, much like bamboo's endurance.

The wisdom of ancient sages is vast, spanning mountains and rivers. Like all cultures, there are moments of both enlightenment and shadow. To generalize their teachings would be to overlook the myriad streams that make the vast river of thought. Let us learn from both the past and the present, merging old wisdom with new insights, and continue this enlightening exchange.

@Hotmarer said:

@ezeth said:

8GB Ram
    4 CPU
    1 IPV4
    $2.5 month

Where is ipv6?

Yes of course! A /64 IPv6 will be included on all plans

Thanked by 3k4zz Hotmarer bench
  • edited October 2023

@hades_corps said: Bamboo do sway in storm but they usually don't snap.

I agree that you're stating truth. But if you have ever travelled to China, you know @ezeth 's statement may be truth as well.

Some parts of maintains in China are painted green to cheat people.

Some trees older than 50 years were bulldozed and replaced with artificial plastic trees and flowers which are decorated with colourful light and cloth to "give warmth in night".

How could a fake bamboo sway in the wind?
    How could a member of CCP sway?

Real bamboo represents nature (of environment, humanity, etc), while sway means disloyalty, and no trace of these can be tolerated.

Hope to help anyone who wants to understand why XX are full of counter-intuitive (if not intentionally fake) statements. Some people are just taught or trained to think in that way.

Edit:
    Thanks for reminding:

@ezeth said: it bends but does not break, reflecting resilience rather than rigidness.

The system behind you just lacks Antifragile.

• @ezeth said:

8GB Ram
    4 CPU
    1 IPV4
    $2.5 month

how about IPv6 only plan?

edited October 2023

@tototo said:

@ezeth said:

8GB Ram
    4 CPU
    1 IPV4
    $2.5 month

how about IPv6 only plan?

I get where you're coming from, but this could actually drive up our costs. Going with just IPv6 might hurt the user experience, leading to an uptick in support tickets. Every ticket means money and time for us.

On the flip side, IPv4 is just $0.025 per IP each month. If you lease a /24, it's $0.3 per IP monthly, which is even cheaper than PayPal's transaction fee of $0.5 plus a percentage. The cost of handling even one issue arising from not having IPv4 could quickly outweigh any savings from an IPv6-only approach.

Thanked by 3ralf tototo k4zz
  • Wow
    wOw
    woW

• Confucius say man who walk sideways through airport turnstile going to Bangkok.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Please give me my 8 dollar in credits first

Thanked by 2ask_seek_knock ezeth
  • @codelock said:
    Please give me my 8 dollar in credits first

wait! my credits ~100USD is lost on my account boomer.host 🥲

• Can we use our unspent credits?