Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this genuine or someone is trolling us?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this genuine or someone is trolling us?

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Направляется уведомление об исключении записи из «Единый реестр доменных имен, указателей страниц сайтов в сети «Интернет» и сетевых адресов, позволяющих идентифицировать сайты в сети «Интернет», содержащие информацию, распространение которой в Российской Федерации запрещено» следующего(их) указателя (указателей) страницы (страниц) сайта в сети «Интернет»: [redacted .ua site]

С уважением,
ФЕДЕРАЛЬНАЯ СЛУЖБА ПО НАДЗОРУ В СФЕРЕ СВЯЗИ, ИНФОРМАЦИОННЫХ ТЕХНОЛОГИЙ И МАССОВЫХ КОММУНИКАЦИЙ.

It is notice of excluding an entry from the "Unified register of domain names, Internet web-site page links and network addresses enabling to identify the Internet web-sites containing the information prohibited for public distribution in the Russian Federation” the Internet web-site page (s) link (s): [redacted .ua site].

Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (ROSKOMNADZOR).

Apparently it comes from: Роскомнадзор [email protected]

Comments

• Russia compromises ukrainian sites.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

We get these frequently.

(They're ignored.)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2023

@MannDude said: (They're ignored.)

Well, here too, I was just curious whether that is the genuine censorship agency or someone trolling instead because it doesn't make much sense. They don't ask for some takedown, just inform us they block it or something. Why would they do that? What would they gain from informing us? If I were a censorship agency I would simply drop stuff and done. Never got anything similar from the Chinese GFW, North Koreans, Iranians so on and so forth and I believe that is the correct way to operate censorship, why give a heads-up?

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said: it doesn't make much sense

Russians have idiom "Умом россию не понять" / "Russia cannot be understood with the mind alone"

Looks like awesome example of it!

Thanked by 1twotbbarracuda
    edited October 2023

Hum, I just looked at the link and it gets even weirder, it is not the link to the site, it links a comment to an article:
    [redacted]id64784.html#comment_10580

So, if I would take it ad litteram, then it would mean they somehow removed from the directory a comment to an article on the site, not the site per se or the article, even.

Crap, now I see the article is from 2014 :D I think tentor is spot on:

@tentor said: "Russia cannot be understood with the mind alone"

• To me it sounds more like they removed something from the blocklist. The wording is confusing tho.

Thanked by 1Maounique

@xaoc said: The wording is confusing tho.

Just check the English "translation" if you want confusion.

• @Maounique said:

@xaoc said: The wording is confusing tho.

Just check the English "translation" if you want confusion.

I did and it made a bit more sense in russian. 😅

edited October 2023

So, to recap, we receive a notice about add/remove something from their register of banned/allowed sites linking to a COMMENT to an ARTICLE from an .ua site published about TEN YEARS ago!
    I mean, that can't be real, right?

• This https://eais.rkn.gov.ru/ has a form that will allow you to verify if an ip/domain/url is on that silly blocklist of theirs.

• @Maounique said:
    So, to recap, we receive a notice about add/remove something from their register of banned/allowed sites linking to a COMMENT to an ARTICLE from an .ua site published about TEN YEARS ago!
    I mean, that can't be real, right?

Bots seeking out any links that end in .UA and automatically reporting them sounds plausible.

@Don_Keedic said: Bots seeking out any links that end in .UA and automatically reporting them sounds plausible.

If it was reporting, I would have understood that. They ask us to remove, but it wasn't that, not that we would have removed it anyway. So I am still not sure if it is genuine and if it is, then what is the purpose behind that notification.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@Maounique said:

@Don_Keedic said: Bots seeking out any links that end in .UA and automatically reporting them sounds plausible.

If it was reporting, I would have understood that. They ask us to remove, but it wasn't that, not that we would have removed it anyway. So I am still not sure if it is genuine and if it is, then what is the purpose behind that notification.

Sorry - should have said "removal request" instead of reporting, that'd have been more clear.

If you dont live/conduct business in Russia - I wouldn't even worry about it.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • LOL, OP wants to get all of Pavlov's dogs in one place again :smiley:

@jenkki said:
    LOL, OP wants to get all of Pavlov's dogs in one place again :smiley:

Looks like it worked, you are here.

• @Maounique said: Looks like it worked, you are here.

Нехуй.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It’s real and you risk your IPs being blocked in Russia if you don’t comply. Obviously that won’t make you want to comply, fuck ‘em.

• They will put on an ushanka and valenki and send him to Siberia to build БAM 2 as chief foreman. That's all there is to it. Sometimes they'll ask you to wash their roba wear

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2023

Yet another anti-Russia thread from the fervent Russia hater ...

I do not even care about those emails. Russia is a sovereign country and can make rules as they please. The same is true for any other country. The USA for example actually terrorizes (almost) the whole world with their "IP protection" BS.

If you don't care about russian rules, no problem - unless you want to do business there (or Russia's influence and power rise significantly and Russia haters stop smirking arrogantly).

But then, I kind of understand you. Your main Russia-hater thread pretty much has lost its ground under the feet because the war does not at all work out the way you "predicted" (read: hoped), so you needa new Russia-hater thread.

And, btw, if I lived in Romania I'd be quite worried by now ...

• @jsg said: if I lived in Romania I'd be quite worried by now ...

:smiley:

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @jsg said:

And, btw, if I lived in Romania I'd be quite worried by now ...

Blow a horse and die, vatnik. 🤏🖕

Thanked by 1nocloud
  • Here is a universal monitoring of prohibited registries, link, and the reason for blocking. The essence is that your site is not accessible from Russia. There is indeed a struggle and many blockings, specifically by Roskomnadzor, sometimes even without a reason. And if you have a Ukrainian site, they can certainly block it for any content.

@jsg said: do not even care about those emails. Russia is a sovereign country and can make rules as they please. The same is true for any other country. The USA for example actually terrorizes (almost) the whole world with their "IP protection" BS.

I never said anything contrary to that. The Russians have the right to censor anything they like and is dangerous for their propaganda, it simply doesn't make sense to link to a comment to an article written in 2014 and notify us about that. I don't believe that event he Russians would do something so absurd, it looked fake to me.

@jsg said: And, btw, if I lived in Romania I'd be quite worried by now ...

I don't care about your threats.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Maounique said:

@jsg said: And, btw, if I lived in Romania I'd be quite worried by now ...

I don't care about your threats.

And I don't care about your delirious interpretations. I did not in any way threaten you.

• mikeimikei Member
    edited October 2023

@Maounique said:
    [redacted .ua site]

How come? It's either blocked in Canada or doesn't exist.

Instead check this on out https://redacted.inc

Btw you didn't provide a link to where you got it from. That someone could be you.

@mikei said: Btw you didn't provide a link to where you got it from.

It is a mail which opened a ticket. What link do you want?

• @Maounique said:

@mikei said: Btw you didn't provide a link to where you got it from.

It is a mail which opened a ticket. What link do you want?

I don't get it. Are you a customer of Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (ROSKOMNADZOR)?

Do you own that domain redacted.ua?