Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regarding the limitations of GreenCloud TOS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Regarding the limitations of GreenCloud TOS!

based on what you stated
CPU Usage
CPU cores on KVM VPS are shared among multiple VPSs. If your VPS is consistently maxing out one full core or more and impacting the performance of other client servers sharing the same host node, we may ask you to reduce your usage. Disruptive load may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved. 30% Average Usage should be fine. You can burst up to 100% for 10 minutes, every 24 hours.
If I see this, I will definitely not buy it. This is an overbearing clause. I have spent 100% of the cost and can only use 30% of the performance? So what's the point of spending this money? While it is right to proceed in the interest of fairness, this seems to be going too far.

Comments

• Most of the VPS providers have a fair use policy, not only GreenCloud. You should consider a VDS instead if you're going to use the CPU 24/7. Of course, the pricing will be significantly higher.

• Actually you misunderstood what I meant! What I am expressing is that I feel that this clause is like a time bomb. I have no intention of occupying it for a long time, but will this sudden occurrence be beyond my control and cause unnecessary trouble to myself?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@zhazhahui said:
    Actually you misunderstood what I meant! What I am expressing is that I feel that this clause is like a time bomb. I have no intention of occupying it for a long time, but will this sudden occurrence be beyond my control and cause unnecessary trouble to myself?

Then do not purchase anything from us. Go with a "premium" provider who can offer you dedicated resources instead. Do not expect to consume 100% of the resources on shared environment.

• @zhazhahui said: I have spent 100% of the cost

You arent spending 100% of the cost. cpu is shared in a VPS, thats why its cheaper than a VDS

• VPS usually shared resource for CPU. If you need resources without worrying about 100% usage, use dedicated or VDS. Usually VPS providers will allow 100% usage but only for a certain amount of time.

average 30% it's doesnt mean you can only use 30% resource. It's still okay if you use 50% or more.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited October 2023

Pretty much every VPS provider has the same concept of "fair use". A lot of them define it very vaguely though.

DigitalOcean:

You may not use any shared System provided by DigitalOcean in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared System, or that consumes a disproportionate share of the resources of the System

BuyVM:

1,1,1 - Resource Abuse consists of any activity, intentional or otherwise, that consumes sufficient system resources to negatively affect other clients or equipment.

RackNerd:

VPS customers are expected to monitor their usage and utilize our services in a manner that is considered fair share and not abusive to the Disk I/O or CPU.

Rather than just saying "fair use", GreenCloud actually write some numbers in their policy. That's a good thing. HostHatch have a similar policy for some of their VPSes - They often have 3 core VPSes with "1 dedicated" (not actually dedicated), which is effectively ~33% average usage with occasional bursts above that.

have spent 100% of the cost and can only use 30% of the performance?

You haven't spent 100% of the cost though. The reason a VPS is so cheap is because the resources are shared. You don't have dedicated CPU cores. You only have dedicated cores if you get a VDS, but expect to pay >$20/month for one, and even then a lot of providers don't truly dedicate that core just to your VDS.

Thanked by 2dev077 FrankZ
  • @zhazhahui said:
    based on what you stated
    CPU Usage
    CPU cores on KVM VPS are shared among multiple VPSs. If your VPS is consistently maxing out one full core or more and impacting the performance of other client servers sharing the same host node, we may ask you to reduce your usage. Disruptive load may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved. 30% Average Usage should be fine. You can burst up to 100% for 10 minutes, every 24 hours.
    If I see this, I will definitely not buy it. This is an overbearing clause. I have spent 100% of the cost and can only use 30% of the performance? So what's the point of spending this money? While it is right to proceed in the interest of fairness, this seems to be going too far.

100% of the usage means you buy a VDS or Dedicated server then you get the dedicated CPU.

If you need constantly high CPU resources, buy a VDS or Dedicated server, this way, you confirm get the performance what you buy.

Shared WebHosting has limited resources like memory, CPU etc.

VPS has limited resources like CPU etc. But has dedicated Ram.

VDS is quite close to dedicated server cause dedicated CPU cores and Ram.

Dedicated Server is the best, all that you buy you can use 100%.

Hope this help you understand better!

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Even we have similar FAIR Usage policy for VPS, and if you need Dedicated CPU, take a VDS :smile:

• All right! Maybe I’m overthinking this issue!

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

@zhazhahui said: If I see this, I will definitely not buy it.

Why don't you read the ToS/AUP before you order the service?

Thanked by 2FrankZ ralf
  • This restrict policy is good for normal user.