Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast BilohBucks or reliable company?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fast BilohBucks or reliable company?

ascicodeascicode Member
edited October 2023 in General

Is LET tagging hosts without knowledge to gain fast BilohBucks?
Are there any reviews before they get allowed for a provider tag?
What about someone internally testing them and providing YABS, speedtests etc?
How about checking prices, the age of the domain, services and WHMCS licenses before let them pay for the tag?

Are we needing resellers with a high risk of beeing banned from the main hoster if they can't handle it?
Do we need companys deadpooled once?

Comments

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@ascicode said: Are there any reviews before they get allowed for a provider tag?

No such requirement is implemented currently

• LET =

Shitty Providers=

• Have you even tried to read what rules providers need to follow to buy a tag?

You want YABS? Speedtests? On empty servers, crafted just for that... so when it get usage it will drop (normal thing) and/or customers gonna get normal VMs with different limits?

LET is supposed to be an index - if you have company and legal documents you are good to go - like everywhere in the world.

Rest is up to your research/community - LET should not mess with those. Some people like to take a risky with new company and amazing promos, some people prefer older (pricier) long stable hosts. This is buyer job, not LET job.

Thanked by 2tentor c1vhosting
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

I think community or buyers should just avoid unsustainable deals especially from new providers, don't just buy some service that is too cheap ... these days most buyers knows how much a server costs and if the provider is at all making any profit from it ...

Provider Tag does not makes any company reliable

I've seen so many providers who even does not list their business address on their website, even no details if it's a registered business or not ... just stay away from them .. whether they have provider tag or not ...

As a buyer I won't leave all of of it on the forum where the offer is posted ... I would research before ordering ... this forum is just a place where you pay for posting your AD ...

• Don't get me wrong but people have to do their due diligence before buying anything.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@JabJab said:
    This is buyer job, not LET job.

I agree, to an extent.

Providers are required to follow provider rules and pay their toll to be legit providers though, correct?

Here are the rules from the official provider rules thread

Miscellaneous Rules

#2 You must have valid, public WHOIS information for your domain and/or provide proof of company registration on your website (publicly accessible on the website of your country's commerce authority).

#4 If you are found to be misleading customers or using ethically questionable practices that may result in financial loss to customers, your Patron Provider tag will be changed to a Host Rep tag and you will not be able to post offers.

So let's take our latest fun with HXServers.

https://who.is/whois/hxservers.com - everything is DomainsByProxy and if you look at their main website - the most information you get is they're based in Irvine and serve 2 locations, that's it. They shouldn't have even been able to get the provider tag in the first place.

Why would LET accept money from a someone who didn't even follow the rules to get the tag in the first place and are they going to do anything about it now that people who frequent here got screwed? In reality, they shouldn't have had the tag to begin with and this all could have been avoided if LET followed its own rules.

• @Don_Keedic said:
    So let's take our latest fun with HXServers.
    Why would LET accept money from a someone who didn't even follow the rules to get the tag in the first place and are they going to do anything about it now that people who frequent here got screwed? In reality, they shouldn't have had the tag to begin with and this all could have been avoided if LET followed its own rules.

Yes, this is totally valid and good example that (should?) could be new post, but going the OP way is not they way.

I think last time I tried to get some info from mods/jbiloh (tagging, reporting post) about some other one-man-company with "why would I give them my home address" I was ignored and it ended that he quit after drama, no actions was taken. IIRC of course. That won't be first or second time that someone granted tag who the fuck knows why.

• Putting authoritarian restrictions will kill the community we have.

In the end, it's the people that drive the discussions. Summerhosts, established hosting providers, even mjjs and organic customers are forces that keep the hosting economy running whether good or bad.

• @JabJab said:
    Have you even tried to read what rules providers need to follow to buy a tag?

You want YABS? Speedtests? On empty servers, crafted just for that... so when it get usage it will drop (normal thing) and/or customers gonna get normal VMs with different limits?

LET is supposed to be an index - if you have company and legal documents you are good to go - like everywhere in the world.

Rest is up to your research/community - LET should not mess with those. Some people like to take a risky with new company and amazing promos, some people prefer older (pricier) long stable hosts. This is buyer job, not LET job.

I don't need to read the providers rules, as i won't be a provider itself.

For YABS or speedtests, its just clearance if we get what we pay for, or just getting good deals, but bad speeds. If you can't afford a bunch of users, then don't post deals, that your server can't handle.

An index is also a place to be handled in a good way and remove risky or non reliable providers. If not, its hard to believe in the future of the site.

We have many sites about lowend offers, but non is a top site.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @tentor said:

@ascicode said: Are there any reviews before they get allowed for a provider tag?

No such requirement is implemented currently

Thats not a requirement for the rules, but would be for the admins.

• @Don_Keedic said:

#2 You must have valid, public WHOIS information for your domain and/or provide proof of company registration on your website (publicly accessible on the website of your country's commerce authority).

This is one rule that many hosts here don’t follow

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2023

@jmaxwell said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Most don’t. The most popular registrar on this forum won’t even offer public WHOIS, and putting proof of company registration on your website is not standard behavior in the US where many, including the forum itself, are based. US doesn’t have standardized listings of company registrations and we’re not all handed out cute little numbers you can quickly verify in one centralized, official location. Some states make it easier than others.

So IMO, that rule isn’t reasonable but it’s also fine because it isn’t enforced against known providers.

• @ascicode said: Is LET tagging hosts without knowledge to gain fast BilohBucks?

Probably, but they're right.
    It is the buyer who must take care of the service he is ordering. LET checks if the host is a company and if he has all the credentials to offer what he is selling.

This has nothing to do with hosting deadpooling here. If the hosts presented to LET are financially unstable or improvised, unfortunately it is not LET's fault.

• @c1vhosting said:

@ascicode said: Is LET tagging hosts without knowledge to gain fast BilohBucks?

It is the buyer who must take care of the service he is ordering. LET checks if the host is a company and if he has all the credentials to offer what he is selling.

This has nothing to do with hosting deadpooling here. If the hosts presented to LET are financially unstable or improvised, unfortunately it is not LET's fault.

The buyer is mostly careing for itself, thats a normal behaviour. LETs fault is to accuse 200 bucks for new providers, if they could safe their business with it. But thats out of the league.

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

Is it still the same where you don't need to be a patron provider / have a tag to purchase the sidebar ads?

• @jar said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Most don’t. The most popular registrar on this forum won’t even offer public WHOIS, and putting proof of company registration on your website is not standard behavior in the US where many, including the forum itself, are based. US doesn’t have standardized listings of company registrations and we’re not all handed out cute little numbers you can quickly verify in one centralized, official location. Some states make it easier than others.

So IMO, that rule isn’t reasonable but it’s also fine because it isn’t enforced against known providers.

Did the whois ever interested someone who registered the domain?
    Why should i know the adress of the company, if the server stays somewhere else and we can't do anything than wait until the datacenter handles the issue?

• @c1vhosting said:

I agree. Just like it isn't LETs problem when a host is clearly avoiding tax by getting payments directly to personal paypal.

Buyers gotta watch out for themselves.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @Astro said:

@c1vhosting said:

I agree. Just like it isn't LETs problem when a host is clearly avoiding tax by getting payments directly to personal paypal.

Buyers gotta watch out for themselves.

Taxes are a different story and not our business.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ascicode said:

@jar said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Why should i know the adress of the company, if the server stays somewhere else and we can't do anything than wait until the datacenter handles the issue?

I mean there was a time when the WHOIS data was something very useful. But it was mostly because the people making these pump and dump companies would make mistakes, and that’s where we would catch them. They’d disappear and a new host would appear, accidentally use the same phone number or some shit 😂

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @nikozin said:
    Putting authoritarian restrictions will kill the community we have.

In the end, it's the people that drive the discussions. Summerhosts, established hosting providers, even mjjs and organic customers are forces that keep the hosting economy running whether good or bad.

Would you recognize someone, that asked months ago, how to start a hosting company?
    Would you recognize, if there was one actually registered?

• @LeifurGunnarsson said:
    Is it still the same where you don't need to be a patron provider / have a tag to purchase the sidebar ads?

If its in mind of LET, then its ok.

• @jar said:

@ascicode said:

@jar said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Don_Keedic said:

I mean there was a time when the WHOIS data was something very useful. But it was mostly because the people making these pump and dump companies would make mistakes, and that’s where we would catch them. They’d disappear and a new host would appear, accidentally use the same phone number or some shit 😂

I though thats always to hide something.

• rcy026rcy026 Member
    edited October 2023

I've only seen the provider tag as a tag that shows that the person is somehow associated with a provider.
    I've never seen it as any form of seal of approval, sign of quality or guarantee of any kind, just a tag that says "this person is associated with a provider".

Thanked by 2Fazzil nikozin
  • @rcy026 said: I've only seen the provider tag as a tag that shows that the person is somehow associated with a provider. I've never seen it as any form of seal of approval, sign of quality or guarantee of any kind.

same here. Actual user reviews here, and on the internet and my own first-hand useage of server is only things I trust or decide reliablity of a provider