Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking your insights on IP address management
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking your insights on IP address management

IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

Hi,

This community has been consistently providing invaluable feedback, which has been instrumental in refining IPXO's approach. In light of this, we're keen to dive deeper into understanding the challenges and solutions you face with the IP Management Platforms you currently use.

As the world's largest fully automated IP address lease and monetization marketplace, we've noticed that many of our users grapple with managing their IP resources in ways that could be made more efficient. To address this issue, we are evolving into a Next-Generation IP Address Management (IPAM) platform, equipped with enhanced management tools for both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

Having engaged with over 100 stakeholders, we have successfully identified the primary challenges facing our users. Our initial round of Beta testing is already underway, and you can find more information about it here: https://www.ipxo.com/next-gen-ipam/

Your feedback is at the core of our evolution, and we are eager to gain a deeper understanding of your current IP Management tools, the difficulties you encounter, and the solutions that could streamline your operations.

We invite you to share your most significant concerns and suggestions for further enhancing the IPAM solutions we provide. Your insights will be invaluable in guiding our ongoing efforts.Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
The IPXO Team

Comments

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

I know you offer an API, but it would be great if you integrated with the top billing panels, WHMCS, Blesta, etc. for PTR record updates. So clients could directly change PTR without us having to do it.

That being said, as another thread has said just today, your ticket response time is abysmal, which makes opening a ticket worrisome.

Thanked by 1IPXO
  • JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@jfreak53 said:
    I know you offer an API, but it would be great if you integrated with the top billing panels, WHMCS, Blesta, etc. for PTR record updates. So clients could directly change PTR without us having to do it.

That being said, as another thread has said just today, your ticket response time is abysmal, which makes opening a ticket worrisome.

tickets normally 3-5 days for a reply so never bother just phone them if needed

Thanked by 1jfreak53
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

My advice is that you start performing colonoscopies on new customers before allowing them to announce an IP range. This should reduce spam, increase IP reputation, and prevent the continuing downward spiral of IP value thanks to spammers.

• @jar said:
    My advice is that you start performing colonoscopies on new customers before allowing them to announce an IP range. This should reduce spam, increase IP reputation, and prevent the continuing downward spiral of IP value thanks to spammers.

I would love that a colonoscopy is included with IP rental.

Thanked by 1jar
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

My advice is that you return all IPv4 addresses to RIPE where they belong.

• balrammbalramm Member, Host Rep

@jfreak53 said:

+1 for this, at least we need integration with the top billing panels mentioned above.

Thanked by 1IPXO
  • @yoursunny said: My advice is that you return all IPv4 addresses to RIPE where they belong.

Only real advice anyone can give an IP broker.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited October 2023

RIPE should RIPE away all blocks owned (and maybe even managed) by brokers

Give em' 24 hours, boom

Fill the waitlist, instantly

• Just stop being a slave of Spamhaus SBL and everything will be back on track again.

SBL is shit and you know what's even shittier? IPXO blatantly following them.

Our 6 Subnets got terminated within 12 hours due to a mistaken listing by SBL , even your representative acknowledged it but said he can't do anything because literally you guys are a slave of them .

I appreciate this pursuit to get feedback from the community directly but let's be honest
    You won't succeed if you continue being a slave of them

• @Ax3L said:
    Our 6 Subnets got terminated within 12 hours due to a mistaken listing by SBL

Yes, recently were mistakes. Listed for 2 hours and then removed.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@jar said:

And fees… they are too damn low for IP holders. Need to be at least 99.99% off the lease price.
    Oh, and they should be increased overnight. No warnings, no clues.
    If any provider has the impression he is being ripped off, just threat him that you will apply fines to his account.
    Should suffice, imho.

Thanked by 1jar

https://i.imgur.com/QiZb4qH.jpg

Forgot to add it initially.

• @Andreix I’ve got the solution to your problems: Give the blocks back to the RIR in which they belong

Thanked by 2dann00 fluffernutter

@emgh said:
    @Andreix I’ve got the solution to your problems: Give the blocks back to the RIR in which they belong

Why? I need them.

• @Andreix said:

@emgh said:
    @Andreix I’ve got the solution to your problems: Give the blocks back to the RIR in which they belong

Why? I need them.

So don’t rent them out

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • @emgh said: So don’t rent them out

For small hosters 1k a year is way more affordable than a long waiting list of the 9-10k price but I also agree with you.

But if they where all returned and the waitlist was gone, it would be around 1.5k a year to be a member, so its not far off.

Thanked by 1emgh

@emgh said:

@Andreix said:

@emgh said:

Why? I need them.

So don’t rent them out

No thanks. I don’t wanna wait 2+ years if we were gonna expand and need more.

• lsmithx2lsmithx2 Member
    edited October 2023

@yoursunny said:
    My advice is that you return all IPv4 addresses to RIPE where they belong.

Well said, I think RIPE should be the ones to deal with this sort of stuff, I thought there was plans/a procedure where unused ip blocks are returned to RIPE?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • IPXOIPXO Member, LIR
    edited October 2023

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insights! The feedback regarding our Marketplace will be directed to the appropriate teams.

There seems to be some misunderstandings about IPXO's function within the IP community. We want to clarify that IPXO is not an IP broker. With over 3 million IPs in our Marketplace, IPXO operates similarly to Airbnb, serving as a platform where IP Holders can offer their IPv4 addresses to those interested in leasing them.

Our core objective has been to address the current IPv4 shortage. In line with this, we've recognized the increasing demand for a comprehensive Public IP Management solution that includes:

• Geolocation Monitoring
    • RPKI Monitoring
    • Routing Information
    • IPv6 and IPV4 RIR Range Allocation & Detected Announcements
    • External Database Orchestration

Could you provide further information about the challenges you're facing with your current RIR-allocated Resource Management? Additionally, we'd appreciate insights on solutions you believe would benefit you the most.

For those interested in a deeper exploration, we already have an API available. You can find more details here: https://developer.ipxo.com/manage-and-resource-analytics-api?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8sqlSrj8S2Yoe_3qvE9H8fJg-u0ADzY7nBYDDftl0a3dXj2QiM6qm9hhMA7CrZ06MF2NOC

Sincerely,
    IPXO Team

• @IPXO said: There seems to be some misunderstandings about IPXO's function within the IP community

There's not.

Thanked by 2Andreix greentea
  • why did you straight up remove the rdns/ptr api and not provide an alternative?

• IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

@naphtha said:
    why did you straight up remove the rdns/ptr api and not provide an alternative?

DNS/PTR management is restricted, if you need this feature please contact our customer solution team https://help.ipxo.com/support/home

• @IPXO said:

@naphtha said:
    why did you straight up remove the rdns/ptr api and not provide an alternative?

DNS/PTR management is restricted

Could you please explain the reasoning behind this?

• IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

@rcy026 said:

DNS/PTR Record management in the IPXO marketplace has been limited as a measure to prevent abuse and maintain IP reputation. However, this feature has not been eliminated and is accessible to clients upon request.

• rcy026rcy026 Member
    edited October 2023

@IPXO said:

@rcy026 said:

DNS/PTR Record management in the IPXO marketplace has been limited as a measure to prevent abuse and maintain IP reputation. However, this feature has not been eliminated and is accessible to clients upon request.

I'm guessing it is just a way to make it harder to use the ip's to send emails?
    Other than that I can not see how limited PTR can prevent abuse.

Whatever the reason, it is really shitty that this is not mentioned anywhere on your website until after someone lease addresses from you. One of my clients discovered this the hard way, and I promise that neither them nor me will ever do business with you again. PTR is crucial for us (no, not for emails) and finding this out after having signed everything cost us a lot of time and money.

Thanked by 1naphtha
  • IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

@rcy026 said:

I'm guessing it is just a way to make it harder to use the ip's to send emails?
    Other than that I can not see how limited PTR can prevent abuse.

Whatever the reason, it is really shitty that this is not mentioned anywhere on your website until after someone lease addresses from you. One of my clients discovered this the hard way, and I promise that neither them nor me will ever do business with you again. PTR is crucial for us (no, not for emails) and finding this out after having signed everything cost us a lot of time and money.

Thank you for your feedback. We’re currently working to improve our communication.

We'd like to emphasize that while the feature is initially restricted for new clients, it can be made available upon request. This measure is in place to align new clients with our abuse prevention policies.