Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Internal networking issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Internal networking issue

hades_corpshades_corps Member
edited October 2023 in Help

Hi,

For a while now I have been running Wireguard on my server alongside CloudPanel and stuff (all are on LXCs). And all is well until about a week ago, I can't access any http/https host on the same server if I connect to Wireguard on LXC. Can't really pinpoint the exact date or update since most of the work is automated.
The host is Proxmox V8 (Debian 12) with Crowdsec.

I have verified these things:

• I temporarily turned off the firewall and the issue persisted.
  • I can access services that are on the host.
  • All the LXCs can see and access each other since there are a few reverse proxies on CloudPanel direct to other LXCs.

My current /network/interfaces is as such:

post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
   post-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.0.1.0/24 -o enp36s0f0 -j SNAT --to-source <IP>
   post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d <IP> -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to <CloudPanel>:80
   post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d <IP> -p tcp --dport 443 -j DNAT --to <CloudPanel>:443
   post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d <IP> -p udp --dport <WG_Port> -j DNAT --to <WireGuard>:<WG_Port>
   post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d <IP> -p tcp --dport <WG_Port> -j DNAT --to <WireGuard>:<WG_Port>

Edit: I also connected to WireGuard on my phone with cellular so it's something on the host and not my home network.

Comments

• ScreenReaderScreenReader Member
    edited October 2023

is there any funny error logs in syslog / NetworkManager?

try troubleshooting it using tcpdump

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Try telnet to 443 port from WG lxc to HTTP/S lxc. If it's not working, then check the firewall and routing.
    If it's working, then run tcpdump on HTTP/S lxc and compare telnet from WG lxc and connection from your phone/laptop; the difference will be the key to finding an issue.