Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ionos UK IPs showing up as Germany?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ionos UK IPs showing up as Germany?

Hey all-I've been a Ionos UK customer for a couple years now with an old 'small' plan (.5Gb) but they've upgraded the minimum to 1Gb for the same price (1GBP/month) so I went to add a bit of redundancy there. Unfortunately it seems all their public IP space is geolocated in Germany. I've updated my individual IPs, but they don't seem willing to update the whole IP block nor able or willing to offer me a different IP. Has anyone else had similar issues with them and/or found a way to solve it? I've been able to update some geolocation providers, but some either don't have an update option or haven't changed anything after I submitted the change and it's becoming a bit of an issue for me...

Comments

• Geo-IP databases are notorious for ignoring requests for updates. Generally only the IP owner is authorised to make amends to avoid malicous intentions and even then getting them to update is hit and miss.

• In my case Ionos has flat-out refused to make the updates themselves, despite asking multiple times...

• It's probably like Google where all their IPs are registered in CA

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@citadella said:
    Hey all-I've been a Ionos UK customer for a couple years now with an old 'small' plan (.5Gb) but they've upgraded the minimum to 1Gb for the same price (1GBP/month) so I went to add a bit of redundancy there. Unfortunately it seems all their public IP space is geolocated in Germany. I've updated my individual IPs, but they don't seem willing to update the whole IP block nor able or willing to offer me a different IP. Has anyone else had similar issues with them and/or found a way to solve it? I've been able to update some geolocation providers, but some either don't have an update option or haven't changed anything after I submitted the change and it's becoming a bit of an issue for me...

Ionos are known for being a pain to deal with have you had a look at Fasthost its there sister company but uk division?

• @Jasonhyperhost said:

Ionos are known for being a pain to deal with have you had a look at Fasthost its there sister company but uk division?

I didn't know about them, but I'll give them a look. Unfortunately I'm already past my 30d free trial, so might have to wait until the end of my contract to consider swapping