Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone used nonic.cloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone used nonic.cloud

Was looking for VPS providers in the EU for ~7EUR, and came across nonic.cloud. They seem pretty promising, especially with the claimed 10 gig networking. So I was wondering, has anyone used this provider? If so, hows the performance/reliability/support/etc.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Never heard, to be honest.

Nonic Cloud (nonic.cloud) trading under Oxide Hosting (oxide.host)

@NicholasOXI represents Oxide Hosting here.

• you won't have a 10gbps connection but in fact with speedtest it will be 50/100mbps because it is shared.

from my experience 2 times I bought, I regret it and do not recommend it

• I've used them before and they are ok. Great if you need a lot of ram. They use Tube-Hosting dedis. The port is shared so don't expect to get 10gbit.

• NicholasOXINicholasOXI Member, Host Rep

@Sterex said:
    you won't have a 10gbps connection but in fact with speedtest it will be 50/100mbps because it is shared.

from my experience 2 times I bought, I regret it and do not recommend it

Apologies to hear that, did you reach out to the teams when this happened? These machines have 2x 10gbp/s interfaces (duplex) at host level and only our IPv6 plans are limited to 100mbp/s as advertised; otherwise its best effort. This doesn't sound usual behaviour (possible it was also limited due to Fair Usage as per Terms of Service but shouldn't be both).

@concept said:
    I've used them before and they are ok. Great if you need a lot of ram. They use Tube-Hosting dedis. The port is shared so don't expect to get 10gbit.

Not sure if you've used us more recently, we have conducted significant hardware upgrades within the last month or two which should better the experience if you ever plan on returning. They're still Tube-Hosting machines but on our own ASN now. Our machines are connected at 2x 10gbp/s (duplex), obviously as you said this is best effort so it's not guaranteed but should be sufficient for most usecases.

@AryaK said:
    Was looking for VPS providers in the EU for ~7EUR, and came across nonic.cloud. They seem pretty promising, especially with the claimed 10 gig networking. So I was wondering, has anyone used this provider? If so, hows the performance/reliability/support/etc.

Thought I'd jump in here with some general details so you've got a bit more to work with alongside customer experiences. Machines were recently upgraded to Dual Intel Xeon E5-2697v4(s) so performance has definitely been recently increased; networking is best effort as others have mentioned above, machines are equipped with 2x 10gbp/s (LACP, shared between VMs). In terms of reliability, all our works are done for the long term now in regards to hardware etc. Usually anything we are seeing is networking (sometimes a few drops during failover between upstreams if one drops - that's about it). Support is currently primarily billing ticket only alongside a Discord server (community channel).

Hopefully that answers most general questions you might have, we do provide 50% one-time discounts to new clients which may justify trying us out? Let me know if you need anything else.