Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tired of buyvm looking for alternatives with block storage on Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tired of buyvm looking for alternatives with block storage on Europe

Hi I was user of buyvm for years but their storage is getting me crazy, some times fails for no reason nobody notices only if I go to use the storage (every 6 months) and the customer support takes some time hours on look some issue I am not expecting the same support as AWS but I have now stooped one server more than 48h because the storage don't works.

For mi this is enough I am looking for recommendations VPS with the for block storage at least with a good support or similar on Europe.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Thanked by 1karanchoo

Comments

• I think you would do well to purchase a HetznerCloud and mount the storage box. You'd also be able to just do an attached volume if you need more performance, that one is made up of pure SSDs.

• If you're certain that you gonna use that much storage all the time, just buy a VPS with large disk.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@danblaze said:
    I think you would do well to purchase a HetznerCloud and mount the storage box. You'd also be able to just do an attached volume if you need more performance, that one is made up of pure SSDs.

This is great advice if you are looking for block storage + EU. I have a personal box with Hetzner with a volume attached for nextcloud. Never had any issues there.

• ediazediaz Member
    edited October 2023

I use the storage for two options, one, reiser backup on cloud and the other mailpiler to storage the /var directory of the machines.

My DNS servers work fine because don't have storage :-P

• @ediaz said:
    Hi I was user of buyvm for years but their storage is getting me crazy, some times fails for no reason nobody notices only if I go to use the storage (every 6 months) and the customer support takes some time hours on look some issue I am not expecting the same support as AWS but I have now stooped one server more than 48h because the storage don't works.

For mi this is enough I am looking for recommendations VPS with the for block storage at least with a good support or similar on Europe.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Hey,
    how much space?

@ediaz said:
    I use the storage for two options, one, reiser backup on cloud and the other mailpiler to storage the /var directory of the machines.

Can't move it to object storage? I have offloaded a majority of my backups and files to restic+idrive e2 for literally a fraction of the price

• For quite some time, my storage setup has been redundant across Backblaze B2 & HostHatch Storage VPS

• my other > @rsk said:

@ediaz said:

Can't move it to object storage? I have offloaded a majority of my backups and files to restic+idrive e2 for literally a fraction of the price

I will look to idrive for my restic backups :-D as far i see is 10Tb for the same price of 4TB

Thanks for the tip

• @emgh said: Backblaze B2 & HostHatch Storage VPS

I will lock but backblaze is expensive at the end.

• @ediaz note that iDrive has had long downtimes as per a LET thread

Dosen’t seem at all stable

With HostHatch, you’re good so long as you keep second backups. They might lose your data, but you can get reprovisioned fast

No major network issues or anything like that, from my experience

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2023

@ediaz said:

@emgh said: Backblaze B2 & HostHatch Storage VPS

I will lock but backblaze is expensive at the end.

For the storage itself, it’s $1 more than BuyVM a TB with redundancy at a whole other level (and probably about the same as it’s pay as you go). Although, extra charges for other operations

• how much space?
    Not too much now i using 5TB for mailpiler and 7 TB on restic

• @ediaz said:

how much space?
    Not too much now i using 5TB for mailpiler and 7 TB on restic

15TB VPS would that be ok?

@ediaz said:
    my other > @rsk said:

@ediaz said:

I will look to idrive for my restic backups :-D as far i see is 10Tb for the same price of 4TB

Thanks for the tip

Yeah, they have many different pricing options. I tried them out using their 1TB offer, and first year was $4. Go for the yearly plans as they come out cheaper :)

Thanked by 1ediaz
  • We've used BuyVM slabs for a few years now. There were some initial hiccups but they've been reliable for a while now.

If you need quicker support then usually asking nicely in their discord will get your ticket looked at faster. Especially outside normal business hours. And being clear with your impact level is important too.

Thanked by 1ediaz
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
  • RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

https://kts24.com offers additional storage for all VPS offers.
    I think we never published prices on the website, so here a little price list:

100 GB 0,8€ per month
    1 TB 4€ per month
    4 TB 14€ per month
    For more then 8 TB we should be able to do 3€/month per TB storage.

Additional disks can be added once you got a server through our control panel.

Thanked by 1ediaz