Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nostalgia! Check out these server offers! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nostalgia! Check out these server offers!

2»

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Everyone remember the infamous turbo button that never seemed to do anything? Intel 386 for the win.

• @jbiloh said:

Because @ that time everyone thought that button was used to speed up things. We were wrong :( - turbo button was used to slowdown cpu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_button

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Well I just learned something new. Thanks for that @darwin

• @jbiloh said:
    Everyone remember the infamous turbo button that never seemed to do anything? Intel 386 for the win.

Lotus123 2.2 WYSIWYG

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@vRozenSch00n said:
    prometeus 20GB EIDE & CDROM 2x was a luxurious items at that time.

Those servers were used for hosting services :-)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @jbiloh said:

I don't recall the exact cpu we had but I remember the first PC my family got(when i was like 4 or 5?? I'm 21 now) was a whitebox that my dad paid an arm and leg for($2000+ i think). Had a 13 or 14" CRT that is still kicking around somewhere(that i tried to mod into a projector.. so i think it still has a few of the images reversed..that didn't work..another story)

Had the turbo button and a little LED display on the front that was 133 in on position and 33 in the other. Not sure if that was the mhz or not and if it did anything at all or if someone just hooked the wires up to manually turn the extra LED's on. I think it my have had 64mb of ram? and I think a sub 1Gb HDD, 3.5" floppy and windows 95. Had that all the way up until I think 2001 or 2 then got a P4(must have been 2002 it has XP as it was purchased in January of what ever year and xp came out in september 2001) Had dial up on that thing.. remember downloading service packs on that....

• @Darwin said:

My life is a lie