Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS hosted at Cogent in Frankfurt
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS hosted at Cogent in Frankfurt

Can anyone deploy a VPS hosted at Cogent in Frankfurt to test network quality?

Specs:

• 1 vCore
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 10 GB disc space
  • Ubuntu (latest)
  • shared gigabit uplink

I'd like to find out whether the peering to Deutsche Telekom and Vodafone has improved. If anyone can offer such a VPS, I'd be happy to hear from you via PM.

Comments

• FDCServers has pretty much every Cogent DC: https://www.fdcservers.net/looking-glass

• Anthony2016Anthony2016 Member
    edited October 2023

Thanks, but a VPS with 1Gbps bandwidth would cost $49.99, which is way too expensive in my opinion.

• @Anthony2016 said:
    Thanks, but a VPS with 1Gbps bandwidth would cost $49.99, which is way too expensive in my opinion.

Yes well I linked to their LG for a reason. They have mtrs and test files available...

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Does it need to be Cogent? I mean, there are quite some alternatives, which might be also able to offer lots of bandwidth at a decent price tag, while having proper DTAG and Vodafone connectivity :)

• @jh_aurologic said:
    Does it need to be Cogent? I mean, there are quite some alternatives, which might be also able to offer lots of bandwidth at a decent price tag, while having proper DTAG and Vodafone connectivity :)

Cogent is so stupidly cheap that if it works there's not really much that can beat it price wise unfortunately

• Why would you want to purposefully single-home yourself to Cogent? You would have no redundancy.

• I only wanted to test it.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think this is politics and DTAG will intentionally cripple it even if it would work so the chances to improve are slim to none.