Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage VPS / Dedicated server - What solution for reliability?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage VPS / Dedicated server - What solution for reliability?

I am looking for a storage VPS / Dedicated Server but that would be reliable
I need stable performance both in terms of disk and network. No huge needs either, 1tb or 2tb would be sufficient with a bandwidth of 6-10TB.
I have the impression that it's very hard for VPS providers to partition users properly and guarantee disk performance for all users. IO is often catastrophic.

Do you know of any providers who do this well (Western Europe)?
Or would the best solution be to rent an inexpensive dedicated server?
OneProvider / Kimsufi / Scaleway Dedibox ?

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @remy try our deals https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/storage , we have constantly I/O because we limit our resources :)

Regards

Thanked by 1remy
  • @Calin said:
    Hello @remy try our deals https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/storage , we have constantly I/O because we limit our resources :)

Regards

Hello,
    Interesting offers.
    I much prefer limited but "guaranteed" resources. It's a guarantee of seriousness. ;)

Unfortunately I'd prefer a more western location, rather Germany or the Netherlands. And if possible a faster port with a transfer limit.
    I'll still think about it and see what it gives in terms of latency

Thanked by 1Calin
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

All of our dedicated IPv4 servers are out of stock at the moment, but if you can do with IPv4 NAT then there is our hybrid storage servers in Germany which features NVMe boot/main drive and a large NVMe cached RAID6 secondary drive

https://my.hostbrr.com/order/main/packages/storage/?group_id=19

IO performance is great for a storage server (of course I have to say that)

If Finland works then I believe we should have new stock in a day or so with dedicated IPv4, and currently there is this deal:

1 vCore Intel Xeon W-2145
    2 GB DDR4 ECC RAM 
    16 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    2000 GB HDD Raid-6 storage (NVMe Cached)
    20000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    Dedicated IPv4
    Hosted in Helsinki, Finland
    $6.5/month

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited October 2023

You could rent an inexpensive dedicated server from seedhost.eu Netherlands.
    They resell for leaseweb... from what I understand.

The cheapest dedi is € 33/month with 8TB HDD and 100TB transfer at 1Gbit dedicated 1GigE uplink

I am not Affiliated with this company, but I rent a server from them and the network is great for me & I live in the US.

• I suggest a dedicated server, ovh is offering good discounts and prices