Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo Nuremberg is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo Nuremberg is down

OhJohnOhJohn Member
edited October 2023 in Outages

They ask not to contact support, they are aware of the issue. Next information update is scheduled for 17:00 UTC (so in two and a half hours....)

Comments

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep
  • and mine of >450 days :)

• Why have you not left and found another provider if it's been down for that long?

Plenty of great offers on this very forum.

• Because you can have an uptime of >450 days with Contabo before you get a 3 hours downtime while with other providers you cannot even get a 3 days uptime....

I'm not saying Contabo is the best but there are better and worse competitors.

• They are sometimes really showing incompetence. This 1/1 looks like core router is dead because MTR goes OK until their location. So where is redundancy ?

Other day they had rDNS outage for 12+ hours. Simple BIND zone that could be ran on $2 VPS.

When emailing support someone with "obvious outsorced name" is asking for password via email.. What does rDNS have to do with password. I will probably make plan to move things out in next 1-2 months

Thanked by 1quicksilver03
  • and is back ....

• Yepp. 1 hour downtime. Better than the announced 3 hours.

• Unfortunate, quite some issues lately with Contabo. Straight after taking the 12 months offer too welp.

• @OhJohn said:
    Because you can have an uptime of >450 days with Contabo before you get a 3 hours downtime while with other providers you cannot even get a 3 days uptime....

I'm not saying Contabo is the best but there are better and worse competitors.

Not personally found a worse one, but hey still time i guess.

• Contabo is good with good uptime unless you need to contact their support. Their customer support is the worst. You will always get just pre-defined reply, nothing more.
    Their support will never cooperate with you.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I’ve already had 2 outages in their Australia DC. The second was the usual “wait until it’s up and then reply that you don’t see any problems” 🤣