Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostvds complete us region outage from so long
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostvds complete us region outage from so long

SkjuSkju Member
edited October 2023 in Outages

Hostvds complete us region outage from so long. In the name of maintenance they are having a lot of downtime. Still wondering what kind of cloud is this that do maintenance in production

Comments

• zGatozGato Member
    edited October 2023

There has been several warnings on this forum and others. HostVDS is not a production-ready provider as they do shit when they want, they don't bother to communicate or schedule, nor explain if the issue is theirs or from their upstream (AFAIK they're colocating at third party DCs).

Altough they've been mostly stable within their US locations, there's a lot to improve.

• Is it true that they are using equinix. Seems highly doubtful. More than 18 hrs of outage, it is highly unlikely that this kind of outage can happen in equinix

• Time to ask for a refund, and cry same as you've done with @Hypere

Thanked by 1rocketprogrammer
  • @CalmDown said:
    Time to ask for a refund, and cry same as you've done with @Hypere

Maybe he shouldn’t have cried to us for a refund and would have still been online now

Thanked by 2fluffernutter MikeA
  • @Skju said:
    Hostvds complete us region outage from so long. In the name of maintenance they are having a lot of downtime. Still wondering what kind of cloud is this that do maintenance in production

have you threatened them for refund yet? might get things moving.

• Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Maybe now you see why premium providers exist.

• @cybertech said:

@Skju said:

have you threatened them for refund yet? might get things moving.

I’d also threaten to report them to their chamber of commerce, review them, and leave a bad post here, like you mentioned with us.

I’m sure that’ll get you exactly what you’re looking for, with any provider.

• First you have to look into yourself, been into hosting industry since last 6 years and used lot of servers . Never seen a company taking so long to refund. Checked with the bank also no traces of refund. Web hosting means transparency and proper customer service which you don't have

• I am greatful that I went with fiber state everything was so quick. First you failed to fulfil your server delivery on time and your server refund is also not on time. There was no point to pursue with poor support that you provide. As already told this is not a 1$ vps. Even in 1$ racknerd and other companies provide excellent support and transparency. And I am not getting a single thing from you after paying 65$

• cant even blame Skju tbh, with hypere's history

Thanked by 1sasslik