Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multi-tenant hostable VPN Control Panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Multi-tenant hostable VPN Control Panel?

hxservershxservers Member
edited October 2023 in General

I've been looking for a VPN Control Panel, similar to how providers have VPS control panels, yet I can't seem to find one. Is there a VPN Control Panel out there designed for hosting VPN Services? We could manually configure VPNs of course but we're looking for something a bit more purpose built and (hopefully) automated.

Anyone know of one?

Thanks LET!

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said:
    I've been looking for a VPN Control Panel, similar to how providers have VPS control panels, yet I can't seem to find one. Is there a VPN Control Panel out there designed for hosting VPN Services? We could manually configure VPNs of course but we're looking for something a bit more purpose built and (hopefully) automated.

Anyone know of one?

Thanks LET!

There is one I helped to beta test, also has APK/iOS app creation support, but the license cost was pure madness for any hobbyist usage. In short, I consider the price too greedy so I'd recommend pritunl enterprise instead.

You can ask @Jord if you don't mind paying 180€/month + 20% VAT and separate billingserv license as well.

https://www.billingserv.com/use-cases/vpn/

I highly suggest you to avoid it though, given that my extensive and free beta/application testing did not even earn me a discount.

Instead look into: https://pritunl.com/ as the enterprise license is 50€/m and pro license is even cheaper.

• @stefeman said: You can ask @Jord if you don't mind paying 180€/month + 20% VAT and separate billingserv license as well.

Thats crazy pricing for a license alone. They dont even have server overheads or anything. Its just pure license.

edited October 2023

@sreekanth850 said:

@stefeman said: You can ask @Jord if you don't mind paying 180€/month + 20% VAT and separate billingserv license as well.

Thats crazy pricing for a license alone. They dont even have server overheads or anything. Its just pure license.

Some existing VPN company might probly be able to afford it, but its clearly not made for us, even though it was advertised at this forum prior as such.

• @stefeman said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@stefeman said: You can ask @Jord if you don't mind paying 180€/month + 20% VAT and separate billingserv license as well.

Some existing VPN company might probly be able to afford it, but its clearly not made for us, even though it was advertised at this forum prior as such.

Yes. pritunl license don't allow commercial usage.

• It looks pretty good though. Pity that it costs so much.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I highly suggest you to avoid it though, given that my extensive and free beta/application testing did not even earn me a discount.

The £150 per month (cheaper per year) includes iOS, MacOS, Windows and Android apps, everything you need to create a Whitelabel VPN, all you need is your servers to connect to (we are even going to be offering servers for this too). Full API so you can create your own apps if needed/integrate into anything else you need.

There are no separate licenses needed for BillingServ, a business license comes within the £150 per month, so everything you need.

Comparable products are even more expensive for something like this; you even said so yourself during your research when beta testing it.

I offered to work with you and even sponsor the project in any way I could.

Thanked by 1homelabber
    edited October 2023

@Jord said:

The £150 per month (cheaper per year) includes iOS, MacOS, Windows and Android apps, everything you need to create a Whitelabel VPN, all you need is your servers to connect to (we are even going to be offering servers for this too). Full API so you can create your own apps if needed/integrate into anything else you need.

Granted, it 150 pounds is about 173€ and with VAT, the total would be 207€/m

There are no separate licenses needed for BillingServ, a business license comes within the £150 per month, so everything you need.

That is new for me. Pretty good then.

Comparable products are even more expensive for something like this; you even said so yourself during your research when beta testing it.

Correct.

I offered to work with you and even sponsor the project in any way I could.

To be honest, I kinda read it as surface pleasantries / lip service before parting ways kindly.

I was pretty disappointed when I saw the price which was hidden prior. Even if you sponsored me some of the license costs it wouldve been too much with the total price of the license anyway.

I killed my project that day in disappointment. Maybe someone else might do it in the future, but i'll hope you'll be more clear about it for the next person.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited October 2023

@stefeman said: Granted, it 150 pounds is about 173€ and with VAT, the total would be 207€/m

Only if in the UK.

@stefeman said: To be honest, I kinda read it as surface pleasantries / lip service before parting ways kindly.

I was pretty disappointed when I saw the price which was hidden prior. Even if you sponsored me some of the license costs it wouldve been too much with the total price of the license anyway.

I killed my project that day in disappointment. Maybe someone else might do it in the future, but i'll hope you'll be more clear about it for the next person.

You never responded, so you'd never know what I was going to sponsor/provide, I'm happy to work with anyone. But to call a service overpriced/avoid because you didn't get a discount is unfair.

The service will continue to get better as we build more features into it, we've had some fantastic feedback about the service and price, but this is LET we won't make everyone happy and that's fine.

If you ever want to revive the project let me know, I'm sure we can work something out.

For anyone else who wants to try our service out, feel free to DM me, we take feedback on board and improve where we can.

PS

@stefeman said: I was pretty disappointed when I saw the price which was hidden prior

Pricing wasn't decided until we got most of the features completed, just like any other service, no point in putting pricing up and then changing it later on. Might as well build out the features and then work out the price once it's completed.

• Thanks all for your feedback. I have some feedback of my own:

I ended up trying out PUQCloud (hesitantly, as I've never heard of them). I've got to say. Pretty great actually.

https://puqcloud.com/whmcs-module-wireguard-vpn.php - WHMCS Module
    https://puqcloud.com/puqvpncp.php - The actual VPN server service / webgui

The WHMCS Module is made by the same developer and VPN server for a whooping 66 EUR / year. It took under an hour to setup, test, and start selling Wireguard VPN services.

Although their website, is kind of a pain to navigate and find documentation at first, I must say, this is exactly what we were looking for.

• PatriarchPatriarch Member
    edited October 2023

I curious about the market you are trying targeted to

I don't know about China, but my Iranian's friend said that Wireguard and OpenVPN is not working anymore in his country

• Someone try

https://panelvpn.com/

https://www.whmcssmarters.com/clients/index.php?rp=/store/vpn-softwares-solutions-without-whmcs

https://www.codester.com/items/13126/vpn-script-advanced-vpn-management-script

I am try whmcssmarters new 2023 solution and panel looks good (his old solution with whmcs has stuck on mutiple points but this new solution looks very good) Only problem with smarters are they offer only android app at this moment and only offer openvpn protocol. He say that he will need more than 6 months to develop other apps and he do not offer API...Now i am decied to leave it and find some other solution.

billingserv.com looks good solution but prices is to high for starting business. I suggest to billingserv to put down price and offer only vpn panel with API access and without apps. That can be with more acceptable price. |We can make our own APPS.

Did someone have any other suggestion?

• VPN mostly used as apps on IOS - Android - Windows even TV's
    you can develop your app and use the app billing for subscription and payment hassle free.

• tommycsjtommycsj Member

I see this thread is getting quite old but just to throw my 2p in here. I've been working with billingservs platform testing and getting ready to offer my vpn service, and Jordan has done so much for me in this time its ridiculous. He's extended trials, he's altered apps, he's taken every single piece of feedback and implemented it. He's gone above and beyond for this.

I see smarters being mentioned here, and let me just say from personal experience, stay TF away. You have to provide the VPS for the website and panel to be hosted on, with billingserv you don't, you only get android app with smarters, with billingserv you get every platform covered, ask smarters for custom apps for macos, windows, ios, android tv and anything else. You're into hundreds, maybe thousands. I think they quoted me $500 for macOS app.

If you're starting a vpn service, and you can only offer an Android app, you're gonna die very quickly, so the £150 a month to get all apps customised and billing platform to automate all users orders, integrate payment gateways so all you have to do is tell users go buy here and the platform does the rest then suddenly billingserv becomes very very cheap.

Smarters also keeps logs. They tell you they dont, but if you ask them to delve deeper into it, they do keep logs. Again, your death as a VPN provider.

And just the last bit, ask smarters that hypothetically in an years time you wanna move away from their platform completely, cut all ties with them and just do your own thing, see what they tell you. It'll blow your mind! I wont ruin the surprise. Hint (your customers are no longer YOUR customers, or actually they may be for now, just without a service and your NEW app plastered with bad reviews), go to purple iptv app on play store and check reviews, theyre smarters direct competition. Such a weird number of bad reviews, all with Indian names, coincidentally where Smarters are from.

Smarters are a bad bad company to deal with. Theyre extremely exploitive, and they will blame you for everything. If anyone thinks im being unfair here, i've tried them out, and have all the chat logs still on telegram, you're more than welcome to ask to see them.

• tommycsjtommycsj Member

@hxservers said:
    Thanks all for your feedback. I have some feedback of my own:

I ended up trying out PUQCloud (hesitantly, as I've never heard of them). I've got to say. Pretty great actually.

https://puqcloud.com/whmcs-module-wireguard-vpn.php - WHMCS Module
    https://puqcloud.com/puqvpncp.php - The actual VPN server service / webgui

The WHMCS Module is made by the same developer and VPN server for a whooping 66 EUR / year. It took under an hour to setup, test, and start selling Wireguard VPN services.

Although their website, is kind of a pain to navigate and find documentation at first, I must say, this is exactly what we were looking for.

Just to comment on this, I asked them how would it work if i was to use them for my business as a VPN provider and this is what they replied

You will be able to use multiple servers using our module (any of them). Let's say you have servers in Germany and France. By using our module, you can create two independent VPN services and sell them to your clients. Clients can choose the VPN country they want when placing an order.

Keep in mind that it won't be possible to provide a service to a single client simultaneously on two or more servers. One service can only be one server.

In order for the end client to have two or more VPN localizations, the client will need to purchase as many services as the desired localizations and configure a separate VPN connection for each.

With our modules, it won't be possible to offer a service like that of monopoly VPN operators, where a single order provides the client with a wide choice of localizations. The choice of localizations is handled by the VPN operator's application installed on the client's phone.

So basically you cant make an app with a list of servers and the customers picks what they want, you can only offer them one at each time, they cant choose. That would definitely not work for me

• shruubshruub Member

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK

• Thank you for your feedback

• angstromangstrom Moderator

This thread dates from October 2023

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.