Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for the SMTP server of a linking site with copyright complaints
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for the SMTP server of a linking site with copyright complaints

MateyoMateyo Member
edited October 2023 in General

What are your suggestions for a small VPS (not American nor British) just to run an SMTP server to send basically transactional emails (user registration/activation and password recovery messages, etc.) as well as a few normal messages (not marketing) for a website that is controversial in terms of copyright related issues because of links published by the users (although links are removed when receiving valid notifications from copyright holders).

The site is behind Cloudflare and recently moved to a new hosting company that allows the activity. The idea is to run the SMTP server from a different provider because of two reasons: 1st. not to reveal the hosting company of the site and 2nd. IP reputation for good deliverability.

Because of the importance of developing a reputation for the IP address, It would be ideal to think in a long term solution.

One possibility would be to go to any company with good reputation such as Hetzner and hope not to have any problem because they are not hosting the actual site. However I believe that Hetzner would just give in to the slightest pressure.

Although I am not necessarily limited to these jurisdictions, I tend to prefer the balance of good reputation of Canadian, Dutch and Swiss providers and their (depends on provider) relatively leniency towards these issues.

Any suggestion?

Comments