Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Panel for docker apps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Panel for docker apps?

Does anyone know of the equivalent of CPanel/DirectAdmin for git/docker apps?

I've been trying https://www.runtipi.io/ with a bit of mixed success.

imho this is going to be the future of shared hosting. php apps are getting a bit outdated/outpaced by python/nodejs apps.. The fact that most of the web still runs on wordpress is holding this switch a bit but imho it is coming.

Thanked by 1dev077

Comments

• rifwinrifwin Member
    edited October 2023

There is a lot of it actually
    but some of the major project is

Portainer
    Most known project on the internet. I use it before
    then I move to rancher

CapRover
    if you familiar with heroku, its something like your self hosted heroku alternative or self hosted PAAS
    never try it, but seems like easy to use

Rancher
    not directly connected to docker. since they're running and managing kubernetes, which is using "containerd" for the container runtime
    its scale really well, if you focus on scaling. multi node, multi cluster region

Rancher is the one that I use. also the best choice (in my opinion)
    the only cons is you need to understand how kubernetes works

Thanked by 3bermudi 0xC7 homelabber
  • I forgot to say
    if you use one of the solution that I provide, you need to build your own control panel
    which is little bit of a hassle since you need to connect your internal system and the container management api

• iv been using portainer for a while and i would recommend just that

• is it normal for rancher to be super slow? Tipi felt pretty snappy on the same server

Thanked by 1nezam05
  • Easy panel or portainer.

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • @bermudi said:
    is it normal for rancher to be super slow? Tipi felt pretty snappy on the same server

well yes (if you deploy it on a single server with low resource)
    since its will spin up multiple service on your server
    Kuberneter, rancher, etcd, and more
    all of that service will make sure that "scalabilty is not a problem"

rancher itself is just the control panel
    all workloads(apps) will be spread across nodes(vps or server)
    its recomended that you have more than one server for deployment
    spin up 2 vps > install kubernetes > install rancher on top of that kubernetes cluster

so if you have more than one server. you just need need to enjoy your coffe and see your uptime monitor always going to be 100% for the whole 5 year

overhead? yes!
    Its took me 3 month just to understand how kubernetes and rancher works

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • therawtheraw Member
    edited October 2023

plesk supports docker
    aapanel aswell

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • Easypanel and CasaOS (I use Jellyfin)

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • portainer user here on everything. But ive not tried the other options. Ive not found a reason or uses case where it hasn't got the feature i need, so ive never looked elsewhere.

not had the need for kubernetes so never looked elsewhere. But I think portainer has kubernetes integration these days.

You can also get a free business licence for 3 nodes last time i checked.

The only usecase where i don't use portainer, is at home on OMV6 because it has it's own built in docker gui.

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • Recently came across cosmos, it is basically a reverse proxy UI like npm. They have added apps and marketplace.

https://github.com/azukaar/cosmos-Server/

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • Still using cloudron.io

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • Portainer/Yacht. Portainer has better control.

• Portainer with NPM is fantastic. Caprover is super-easy to but I found after installing some of the marketplace apps, that I just installed Portainer on Caprover and started to use that because Caprover can feel a little restrictive outside of the marketplace.