Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Lightnode a reliable provider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Lightnode a reliable provider?

I noted Lightnode is cheaper than Njalla but I would like to ask if any of you have used Lightnode and is it a reliable VPS provider? Is their customer support reliable?

Comments

• OwnTNOwnTN Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

I have not used LightNode, since I stick with AWS, Azure, Oracle etc.

I found this https://www.trustpilot.com/review/lightnode.com which may be of interest to you?

(please note I have a neutral opinion, just finding what is on the internet)

• Lightnode is a bit of a funny one. They have quite the location set, but other than that they don't really have anything going for them. Unless you're buying for the location there are much better options.

Their OS images are quie dodgy, iirc their Ubuntu image didn't have SSH Hostkey generation, so every deployment would have the same key... Not sure if they ever fixed that.

On the other hand, I do really like them because they offer exotic locations at a pretty cheap price (I mean... How many offers do you see in Kathmandu these days?!), so if you know what you're doing and you need the location I'd 100% go with them.

• I'm the customer of lightnode. It charege hourly, providing strange location vps. Yet, the only complaint for me is, it's not lowend .

• that's company is based china

• It's not really LowEnd though, has hourly billing, but the port speed limited to only 100Mbps.

@notgod said: that's company is based china

It's HK to be exact.

• I've used their service for a year for proxy purposes. They provide good uptime. Support response is very slow, and the server price is too high. but I must say they have servers in some exotic locations where no one will think about providing hourly billing service. in short
    positive side
    1. Hourly billing
    2. exotic location
    3. reliable
    negative side:
    1. expensive
    2. slow support
    3. weak and old server hardware
    4. Sometimes you may face network issues in some exotic location (nothing to blame them because these locations have poor internet).
    5. slow network speed (in some locations, I never got more than 5 mbps speed, again this is not their fault these locations have higher bandwidth cost).

Finally, I ended up using their service and purchased a server from a local provider for 1/3 of their price.

• I don’t think so. The price-performance ratio is not high, and most areas only have global operators such as HE/tata/pccw. Many areas only have one peer.