Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error: Let's Encrypt validation status 400
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Error: Let's Encrypt validation status 400

pkrpkr Member

Today I upgraded Debian 12.1 to 12.2 and installed MyVestaCP control panel on my VPS. I am trying to install the Let's Encrypt certificate for my domains, but it is giving an "Error: Let's Encrypt validation status 400" error.
I searched online for its fix, but none of those fixes worked for me. Any help or suggestion to fix it will be great.

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Check your DNS and A record s

• Any log?

• Ditch MyVestaCP. It is run by single person. HestiaCP is more predictable and more supported (their forums rocks!).

Thanked by 30xC7 eris bench
  • pkrpkr Member

@ViridWeb said:
    Check your DNS and A record s

It's correctly set.

• pkrpkr Member

@LTniger said:
    Ditch MyVestaCP. It is run by single person. HestiaCP is more predictable and more supported (their forums rocks!).

I will check it. Thanks

• pkrpkr Member

It seems that the problem was with Debian 12.2. I installed Debian 11.8 and LetsEncrypt worked without any error.

• The error you're seeing is likely from Let's Encrypt's validation failing. A common cause could be misconfigured DNS or a firewall blocking access. Check your domain's DNS settings and ensure your VPS firewall allows HTTP/HTTPS traffic. If those are set right, look into MyVestaCP's logs or reach out to their community for more specific help.

• Yeah? You didn't read the comments above. The issue in this post has already been resolved.