Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letbox C19 server has been down for a week
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Letbox C19 server has been down for a week

Their C19 storage server is down from 30.09. Noticed it 3 days ago and got a reply from support that they are doing fsck. Maybe they have even bigger storage pools that some romanian hosts over there but it's taking clearly too long ;).

Comments

• 14 months working well, this is this long interruption :(

Support indicates that they do not know when the node will be active. So, I requested to change location without data. They migrated me to Los Angeles with a lower CPU, they use SolusVM there.

Given what happened, I migrated my data to another provider, letting it expire until the expiration date, while I will use this server for images/videos from my surveillance camera.

Thanked by 2rdes lxterm
  • LetDownBox

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @jmaxwell said:
    LetDownBox

LETsnotspeakaboutthisdowntimeagainBox

• rdesrdes Member
    edited October 2023

@ederbe
    I think I will also ask for another server, used them for 4 years, there was some downtimes, but never something that long so I think I will stay with them. Sh*t happens.

Thanked by 1edrebe
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

Data corruption in one of our legacy ProxMox nodes with a very large RAID-6 SAS array.
    We are doing everything we can to recover/repair, but it is taking forever for that to run.

Clients were offered replacement VPS on our newer platform OR on a different legacy hardware node...while we still work on recovering data from the failed array.

An unfortunate and rare situation. ;-(

• davidedavide Member
    edited October 2023

#raidisnotabackupsolution without camelCase 'cause this broke the camel's back.

• I left LetBox's legacy storage VPS service shortly after I kept getting corrupted filesystems on one of their nodes. Their handling of the case was very poor, first putting the blame on my filesystem format (XFS) and insisting that the problem wouldn't happen with EXT4. I was told that XFS is not supported by them and is known to cause these problems.

After the corruption happened within a day of rebuilding the system a second time, I insisted on being moved to another node, which of course resolved the problem. But they swore there was no issue with the original node.

That left a bad taste in my mouth, as the person handling my ticket didn't seem to understand how mature filesystems work and was quick to suggest a solution that would not have avoided the disk corruption.

Thanked by 1brueggus