Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is using solusvm2 with WHMCS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who is using solusvm2 with WHMCS?

Hey tere,

I am testing SolusVM2 and whmcs intergration and am running accross very strange issues like :

• the default CLIENT profile in solusvm2 is not allowing vnc connection, you need to create another user profile with the privilege.
  • the whmcs solusvm2 has a reference to solusio in it's code that has to be corrected
  • multiple other small issues

These are being fixed with the help of SolusVM support which I must say is quite responsive BUT I am wondering how can there be such issues if the product is widely used.

So I am wondering if any of you are using solusvm2 with whmcs with success or if everyone stayed on solusvm1 or jumped to virtfusion.

Comments

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

Solusvm 2 is a trainwreck. I've played with it extensively and there were a truckload of issues. Support is responsive and helpful but it got to the stage I felt like a beta tester rather than a customer

• @EthernetServers said: Solusvm 2 is a trainwreck. I've played with it extensively and there were a truckload of issues. Support is responsive and helpful but it got to the stage I felt like a beta tester rather than a customer

ditto

it has loads of bugs.... impossible to use

Thanked by 1anbelevebel
  • HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

We heard the same which is why we decided not to even try and just stay with the slightly more expensive VMManager, million times better, yes costs more but it just works, any bugs are fixed quickly and it has regular updates.

Also, wouldn't be surprised if SolusVM start changing their pricing structures soon like certain other companies have done recently.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @HostMedia said: VMManager

Russian product. Avoid.

Look for alternatives:

Virtualizor
    Fleio
    Proxomox

There is also some shiny panel... Don't remember name.

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

We've steared clear, they keep trying to convince us to upgrade over tickets, but it doesn't even support resellers yet. Their response to me is, "vote on the feature if you want it implemented". Dude's, from 1 to 2 vs it should have all the same features and more, not downgrading me! You're not starting a new product here people! From my understanding there are many features like this in v2.

We're a proxmox certified tech group and reseller, so we're trying it out for our prem brand we're launching here shortly, might switch over everyone to it honestly if solus doesn't get their crap together. Been a customer many years, they better figure stuff out here soon.

I know they have a user on WHT, do they have one here that anyone knows?

• @LTniger said:

@HostMedia said: VMManager

Russian product. Avoid.

Look for alternatives:

Virtualizor
    Fleio
    Proxomox

VirtFusion of course is top notch :)

Thanked by 1VirtFusion
  • @HostMedia said:
    We heard the same which is why we decided not to even try and just stay with the slightly more expensive VMManager, million times better, yes costs more but it just works, any bugs are fixed quickly and it has regular updates.

Also, wouldn't be surprised if SolusVM start changing their pricing structures soon like certain other companies have done recently.

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said:

@HostMedia said: VMManager

Russian product. Avoid.

Look for alternatives:

Virtualizor
    Fleio
    Proxomox

They moved much of their development out of Russia to the EU with their new HQ we believe also being focused there instead. There was a thread somewhere here on LET that gave some early details, we were thinking of moving away but then news of their move to the EU and away from Russia was a positive indication of their plans.

• Virtualizor, we have experience with and found very buggy, customers of many levels didn't understand it and found it confusing.
    • Fleio does not support KVM which is our primary focus
    • Proxomox many mixed fews with some suggesting some out of the box features you just need to build your self for better UX experience than what you get with the base systems.
    • VirtFusion, pretty new seeing it was only 2021 when they released their first version, this has been one we have kept an eye on but never tried.

With any move between solution, you need them to also provide an easy migration services. Going to guess many will target SolusVM has a source to pull and migrate from :wink:

We have a mix of customers from notice VPS users to experts, VMManager gives us support for both.

@johndeo983 Sure does :smiley:

• @EthernetServers said: Solusvm 2 is a trainwreck.

I worked for a company not long ago that intentionally decided to use Solusvm v1 over v2 for that very reason that you mentioned. There were bugs here and there with v1 too (disconnection from the vm, misreporting vm state, failing to unsuspend properly,...) but as someone who has never worked with v2, I always wondered how bad v2 must be that they preferred v1!

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

We have been running Solusvm2 for a while now, even before it when it was called SolusIO. While it is newer, its been very stable. Support always helps if you need it. Plus they keep adding and make it better.

• Make your own ;)

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • Last I heard, Greencloud is entering beta for SolusVM 2.

@NDTN care to chime in?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@hades_corps said:
    Last I heard, Greencloud is entering beta for SolusVM 2.

@NDTN care to chime in?

We are still testing it and working with the SolusVM 2 dev to fix a number of issues already. We dont feel confident to switch to SolusVM 2 yet, maybe in a few months when SolusVM 2 can do the job normally as SolusVM 1 we will switch, but not now.

Thanked by 1hades_corps
  • VirtFusion is the best but almost 2x more pricey than SolusVM2. There is no reason to use SVM2 if VF’s pricing is not an issue. Also if you want OpenVZ7 support which VF doesn’t have but SVM2’s VZ is even more buggier than their KVM.

SVM2 is not 100% production ready and there are a ton of bugs and missing features. I personally have over 20 bug/feature submissions with over 60 tickets and some of these haven’t addressed yet for over 6 months. Mostly because they prioritized their migration tool development and ignored every other request but now that is done, they’re working faster.

I feel like VF will be the only option after about 2 years of develoment I’d say. I’m sure they’ll do great things.

Just for the sake of supporting VF’s development, I’d go with it.

Thanked by 1VirtFusion
  • @anbelevebel said:
    VirtFusion is the best but almost 2x more pricey than SolusVM2. There is no reason to use SVM2 if VF’s pricing is not an issue. Also if you want OpenVZ7 support which VF doesn’t have but SVM2’s VZ is even more buggier than their KVM.

SVM2 is not 100% production ready and there are a ton of bugs and missing features. I personally have over 20 bug/feature submissions with over 60 tickets and some of these haven’t addressed yet for over 6 months. Mostly because they prioritized their migration tool development and ignored every other request but now that is done, they’re working faster.

I feel like VF will be the only option after about 2 years of develoment I’d say. I’m sure they’ll do great things.

Just for the sake of supporting VF’s development, I’d go with it.

I really wonder why there's really no solution available bug free?! VPS management space is a big market, it's really bizarre that when choosing a product, the most decisive factor is the number of bugs!

Thanked by 1host_c
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@yusra said: I really wonder why there's really no solution available bug free?! VPS management space is a big market, it's really bizarre that when choosing a product, the most decisive factor is the number of bugs!

Yapp, we wonder the same.

why is so hard to make a goddam web interface to provision a VPS with selected specs, WTF, we are in 2023 and the market is buzzing with developers.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

I think that part of the problem with a lot of these panels is that they try to be a jack of all trades, and a master of none.

By supporting KVM, OpenVZ, Xen, LCX, etc, you're going to not only need a lot more settings (meaning a more cluttered interface) but you have a lot more scenarios to consider. Suspending an OpenVZ VPS has completely different backend logic to suspending a KVM VPS, for example.

One thing I really respect about VirtFusion is that they only support KVM - meaning a less cluttered interface and that every single advertised feature is available to use. With some of these panels, you see a nice looking feature, and find out it doesn't work on OpenVZ (KVM only), only to realise much later that this is intentional, just not documented properly.

Thanked by 1VirtFusion
  • anbelevebelanbelevebel Member
    edited October 2023

@EthernetServers said:
    I think that part of the problem with a lot of these panels is that they try to be a jack of all trades, and a master of none.

By supporting KVM, OpenVZ, Xen, LCX, etc, you're going to not only need a lot more settings (meaning a more cluttered interface) but you have a lot more scenarios to consider. Suspending an OpenVZ VPS has completely different backend logic to suspending a KVM VPS, for example.

One thing I really respect about VirtFusion is that they only support KVM - meaning a less cluttered interface and that every single advertised feature is available to use. With some of these panels, you see a nice looking feature, and find out it doesn't work on OpenVZ (KVM only), only to realise much later that this is intentional, just not documented properly.

AFAIK VF has plans for OpenVZ. There were talks about it in their Discord.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

We have tested Solus2. It is too early to use it in production to provide VPS servers.

• We've been using it for a few years. They are adding fixes every other day. It's a lot better now than it was when first launched that's for sure.

Works with WHMCS fine and KVM works with no issues.