Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPAWS National Test 2023 (US)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPAWS National Test 2023 (US)

NanjaNanja Member
edited October 2023 in General

In the US there is a test that's supposed to access all our devices at 2:20 p.m. ET. Today.
Again on the 11th of this month as well.

I don't see the big deal,

One of my friends is panicking, being hysterical and asking how to block it.

I read a lot of people seem to be panicking about this.

From what I gather, all Mobile Devices and all TV's will just make an annoying sound with a message alert.

Should I be worried too? Are they going to be more invasive than they let on?
Why the panic?

Comments

• theyll use it to trace you and then take away your guns and gas stoves

Thanked by 1mythiccals1
  • @Nanja said: From what I gather, all Mobile Devices and all TV's will just make an annoying sound with a message alert.

Isn't it just a national emergency test? The Netherlands conducts them every first Monday of the month.

• This is how it was released,

The test will reach millions of mobile phones across the country via Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), radio and television via the Emergency Alert System (EAS), and other communication pathways.

The "other communication pathways" made lots of Americans panic. Lots of them are under the impression their computers will be affected.

• @Nanja said: One of my friends is panicking, being hysterical and asking how to block it.

Why though?! from the outside it only seems to be testing just a push notification

• @yusra said: Why though?! from the outside it only seems to be testing just a push notification

I suppose the fear is that push notifications could be used to deliver malware exploits for the purpose of controlling everyone, or something like that.

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited October 2023

@eezcloud said:

@yusra said: Why though?! from the outside it only seems to be testing just a push notification

I suppose the fear is that push notifications could be used to deliver malware exploits for the purpose of controlling everyone, or something like that.

According to him fema and other government agencies would be on his computer without his consent. He should just shut down his computer when this alert happens. :D
    Somewhere in the news, it said that when fema does this, we don't have a choice to opt-out.

Thing is, it clearly says no computers will be affected in multiple places.

However, since this was stated "other communication pathways" they are convinced it is their computer they are referring too.

EDIT (This is new):
    The nationwide emergency alert system test administered by FEMA has been targeted by conspiracy theories claiming that it will activate nanoparticles in people's bodies. However, FEMA has stated that the test is routine and safe, with no adverse health effects. Experts have debunked the claims about nanoparticles, stating that they are not programmable or capable of interacting with wireless networks. The emergency alert system is designed to save lives during natural disasters and other threats.

• CheepCluckCheepCluck Member
    edited October 2023

@neverain said:
    theyll use it to trace you and then take away your guns and gas stoves

And your incandescent lights as well.
    Its over.

Additionally: this is a FEMA action. They just want to know which camp to assign you too.

Thanked by 1neverain
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@yusra said:

@Nanja said: One of my friends is panicking, being hysterical and asking how to block it.

Why though?! from the outside it only seems to be testing just a push notification

They do this every three years if I recall. Got one during the Trump admin.

Tell him to buy a Pixel, load GrapheneOS on it. Then you can disable alerts completely or just select the ones you want. I've got state / local, public safety messages and AMBER alerts disabled but keep Severe/Extreme threats and National Alerts enabled.