Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone had problems with paypal today?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

silicomnetsilicomnet Member
edited October 2023 in General

Hello,

Some clients report problems with paypal, also when i try to pay to provider they replied:
"Currently there is an issue with PayPal payment and we have not yet received your payment. However the payment will automatically arrive as soon as the issue is resolved"

but there is no update or report in status of Paypal. I try to contact Paypal but takes days in reply.

Thanks

Comments

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@silicomnet said:
    Hello,

Some clients report problems with paypal, also when i try to pay to provider they replied:
    "Currently there is an issue with PayPal payment and we have not yet received your payment. However the payment will automatically arrive as soon as the issue is resolved"

but there is no update or report in status of Paypal. I try to contact Paypal but takes days in reply.

Thanks

Yes PayPal IPN had issues, but seems to have been solved now

2 payments were not updated in billing/whmcs but it's fixed now

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@HostEONS said: Yes PayPal IPN had issues, but seems to have been solved now

How often such issues arise? I have heard about IPN outage from @hxservers few days ago

• @tentor said:

@HostEONS said: Yes PayPal IPN had issues, but seems to have been solved now

How often such issues arise? I have heard about IPN outage from @hxservers few days ago

https://www.paypal-status.com/history/production

• I think I saw that problem two weeks ago with a provider that did not saw the automatic payment in WHMCS.

Thanks, but I can't find anything IPN-related

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Looks like IPN Problem is still there, lots of payments are not being updated in whmcs

• We had IPN issues for 4 days. We thought it was on our side, as that's what PayPal Merchant support told us. We spent hours reconfiguring, testing, even migrating our website to a new web server to attempt to resolve the issue. (Verifying 100+ orders a day is not fun). All of that, and it turned out it was an issue on their side. The funny part is, they even told us that if IPN's continue to fail, HXServers would be banned from using IPNs, even though they weren't sending in the first place.

• PayPal takes my dollah and kills my kangaroos.

@hxservers said: The funny part is, they even told us that if IPN's continue to fail, HXServers would be banned from using IPNs, even though they weren't sending in the first place.

PayPal is so goddamn cursed yet it is still so popular...

• DataRecoveryDataRecovery Member
    edited October 2023

I was having issues with logging in to paypal from a PC recently.

Was getting "404 Not Found" for resources from paypalobjects.com

PayPal error 404 not found paypalobjects.com

Support wasn't of much help either.

• @silicomnet contact them by phone

• I have some clients paying with PayPal and they never reported an issue recently.

• PayPal problem fixed.

• OwnTNOwnTN Member, Patron Provider

Slightly offtopic, but I had PayPal IPN issues in the past where CloudFlare WAF was blocking the request. So I had to add a rule set for CF WAF to ignore the callback URL and accept all.

Just a two cents if it is handy for someone to troubleshoot.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@OwnTN said:
    Slightly offtopic, but I had PayPal IPN issues in the past where CloudFlare WAF was blocking the request. So I had to add a rule set for CF WAF to ignore the callback URL and accept all.

Just a two cents if it is handy for someone to troubleshoot.

You should only allow it from the PayPal ASN, and not whitelisting it across the board.

Thanked by 2OwnTN PineappleM