Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planning to Start VPS/Dedicated Servers Reselling Business?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Planning to Start VPS/Dedicated Servers Reselling Business?

Hey there fellow forum members!

I've been toying with an exciting idea recently, and I wanted to share it with all of you. I'm thinking about diving into the world of VPS/Dedicated Servers reselling, and I could use some guidance and advice from those who've been down this road before.

First of all, let me say that I'm thrilled about the potential of this business venture. With the growing demand for online services and web hosting, it seems like a golden opportunity. But, of course, I want to make sure I'm on the right track.

So, if any of you have experience with reselling VPS or dedicated servers, I'd love to hear your success stories, tips, and even the challenges you faced along the way. What hosting providers have worked best for you? How did you market your services effectively? Any pitfalls I should watch out for?

Let's start a conversation and help each other succeed in this exciting venture! 😊

Comments

• Highly Saturated market. You must have a really nice point to offer in order to get some customers. Be different. Better start locally.

• good luck!

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Offer something unique (other than the pricing) and you can easily get customers.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@ronanmarco Reselling VPS I don't know if that makes sense in today's world where one could easily signup with Linode / DO / AWS / whatever to just spin up a server with a couple of credits in hand.

Dedicated servers however, unless you add value to it, like Managed Services, monitoring etc and as long as you get a pricing that's tiered to slab rates, which is not = the website pricing makes more sense.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@BasToTheMax said:
    Offer something unique (other than the pricing) and you can easily get customers.

In other words -> Add more value :)

Find a niche you can serve better than the upstream provider does. Whatever it happens to be.

@BharatB said: you get a pricing that's tiered to slab rates

slab rate pricing?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Maybe miscommunicated, it's like tiered discounts thing that reseller programs offer.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@BharatB said:
    Maybe miscommunicated, it's like tiered discounts thing that reseller programs offer.

ah yes, reseller / volume tiered pricing.
    Yeap you'll need that.

• @ronanmarco said: First of all, let me say that I'm thrilled about the potential of this business venture.

Bless Up 🙏

@ronanmarco said: I want to make sure I'm on the right track.

• Provide Excellent Customer Support
    • Build a Strong Marketing Strategy
    • Identify your target audience and niche

Ongoing learning / adaptation are key to staying competitive.