Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is fake Looking glass acceptable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is fake Looking glass acceptable?

BaiyuBaiyu Member
edited October 2023 in General

As the title states, although I believe that the Looking glass of most VPS providers is genuine, I have encountered some whose Looking glass can be said fake. (Looking glass is abbreviated as LG below)

I think the provider may have set a larger port rate and network priority for the node on the LG, which is acceptable, but if even the ISP is different from the one actually purchased, then what is the point of such an LG? ?

For example: the test IP on LG is a better quality ISP when checked through traceroute/mtr, but the actual purchased VPS uses a lower quality ISP

Comments

• It is not. How should i trust a company when they lie at the beginning?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Are you sure you aren't looking at the LG of a different location?

• BaiyuBaiyu Member
    edited October 2023

@gbzret4d said:
    It is not. How should i trust a company when they lie at the beginning?

Yes, it is worth mentioning that I just saw a thread about PQ Hosting speed problem (labeled 1Gbps, actual 5Mbps). There seems to be no good way to solve similar problems, especially when the merchant refuses to refund (if you With virtual currency, you can’t even dispute)

@yoursunny said:
    Are you sure you aren't looking at the LG of a different location?

I'm pretty sure not.

I paid attention, maybe there was something wrong with my expression.
    What I mean is that most of the LGs from suppliers I have encountered are real, but I have also encountered some cases where the LGs are seriously inconsistent with the actual ones.