Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Object Storage for Wordpress at shared hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Object Storage for Wordpress at shared hosting

Hello there,

What will be best option for wordpress web site object storage, if wordpress is hosted at shared hosting?

I will like to connect many wordpress web sites (that are hosted on shared) on that object storage

There is a lot options for object storage (some lifetime deals too) and also there is a lot plugins for doing this. What setup will you prefere?

Regards

Comments

• I need only 1 TB

• Did anyone have experience with fybe.com?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

I have been using idrive e2, you can do pay as you go too. Been reliable and an easy experience.

• I will give a try, they offer free 10GB trial.

Did you use it with WordPress?

• I have just chat with then, nobody if them have extrenal backuo of data.

In case fire, flood or disk failure we lose all data

• i use backblaze, with plugin Upcasted S3 Offload: https://wordpress.com/plugins/upcasted-s3-offload

• ValVal Member
    edited October 2023

Maybe a stupid question, but why would you use a S3 -like service for your WordPress's media? It's going to cost a lot in bandwidth if your site just has a little bit of traffic.
    This caveat may improve by using Backblaze B2 + Cloudflare CDN to leverage their free bandwidth partnership.

• @Val said:
    Maybe a stupid question, but why would you use a S3 -like service for your WordPress's media? It's going to cost a lot in bandwidth if your site just has a little bit of traffic.
    This caveat may improve by using Backblaze B2 + Cloudflare CDN to leverage their free bandwidth partnership.

Object storage doesnt always expensive unless you used Amazon, GCP..etc. most of the traditional storage provide free bandwidth upto 1tb and thats quite enough for most of the site

• My recommendation:

Object Storage Options: Amazon S3, Digital Ocean Spaces or Wasabi + WP Offload Media.

For multiple WordPress sites, ensure that the object storage you choose allows for easy management of multiple "buckets" or "spaces".

Thanked by 1greentea
  • The costs of object storage are only in storage if you get very little traffic. Otherwise the costs of operations and egress can quickly become much more substantial. Don't just focus on on the GB/Mo. storage number.

• I'm using Scaleway and Storj.io for WP, never face any problem.

• I think backblaze is the best option.

• @Dazzle said: Storj.io

+1 for this

@vpsric said: I think backblaze is the best option.

tried backblaze b2, but somehow the image files load terribly slow than an oversold low end shared hosting server!

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax