Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stay away from pq.hosting!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

stay away from pq.hosting!!!

xavconxavcon Member
edited September 2023 in Providers

I just purchased a server from https://pq.hosting @pqhosting . their package says network speed shared 10gbit, while the reality is here:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/15313695868.png

not more than 3mbit wth? and they're not even replying to refund requests.

stay away from these fools

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

You should test with iperf instead.

• xavconxavcon Member
    edited September 2023

just found another thread: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182517/pq-hosting-50mbps-network-is-okay-for-them-bad-experience

@DP said:

why would I? downloading a kernel update from alma mirrors took over 30 mins:

(88/88): linux-firmware-20230404-114.git2e92a49f.el8_8.alma.1.noarch.rpm 67% [==================================================- ] 124 kB/s | 314 MB 18:09 ETA

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @DP said:

here's more lol:

(1/4): python3-pip-9.0.3-22.el8.noarch.rpm 271 kB/s | 19 kB 00:00
    (2/4): python36-3.6.8-38.module_el8.5.0+2569+5c 253 kB/s | 18 kB 00:00
    (3/4): python3-setuptools-39.2.0-7.el8.noarch.r 633 kB/s | 162 kB 00:00
    (4/4): speedtest-cli-2.1.3-1.el8.noarch.rpm 4.2 kB/s | 35 kB 00:08

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

So have you engaged their Support about this?

• and yes I have tested with wget and iperf within same eu region and speed is less than 3mbit

• @DP said:
    So have you engaged their Support about this?

I did, they ran a speedtest to their local server and said:

"it's good for your tariff."

I paid $18 for 3 months

• Wait, stark industries like Tony Stark from Ironman?!

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @LTniger said:
    Wait, stark industries like Tony Stark from Ironman?!

yeah ironman that runs on crude oil for speed it seems lol

Thanked by 1Hypere
  • @xavcon said:
    their package says network speed shared 10gbit
    I paid $18 for 3 months

$6 dollars per month for 10GB shared port? ..... wow

• @jack2px said:

@xavcon said:
    their package says network speed shared 10gbit
    I paid $18 for 3 months

$6 dollars per month for 10GB shared port? ..... wow

I mean i didn't expect that at all but obviously thought it would be 100mbit at least.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Remember: If it's sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!

Thanked by 2sasslik COLBYLICIOUS
  • They offer 10Gbit/s port on Ireland. In the past I've done a YABS and it seemd true 10Gbit/s

I got a server with them recently with claims of the port being 2Gbit/s but it is truly limited to 100Mbit/s, blatantly limited so...

• @zGato said:
    They offer 10Gbit/s port on Ireland. In the past I've done a YABS and it seemd true 10Gbit/s

I got a server with them recently with claims of the port being 2Gbit/s but it is truly limited to 100Mbit/s, blatantly limited so...

I got the Ireland server as well, its limited to 3mbit yet the support is blatantly lying about this so they don't have to refund. If you read their refund policy it states:

"The Internet channel is not included in this list, as there are no guaranteed indicators for this service."

How are these crappy providers still around is beyond me.

• wiggywiggy Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    Wait, stark industries like Tony Stark from Ironman?!

Oh. They are the abuse network that is abuse ignore....
    https://stark-industries.solutions/
    Seems the added a disclaimer on who they actually are now. Interesting....

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • They are russians. Avoid.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@LTniger said:
    They are russians. Avoid.

Aéza is Russian aswell and never had a single issue ;) (among the other 20 russian providers I use)

• @zGato said:

@LTniger said:

Aéza is Russian aswell and never had a single issue ;) (among the other 20 russian providers I use)

But if you face any issues, catch them if you can in Russia. Why the risk? No prod stuff, only idlers and toys.

Thanked by 2emgh gbzret4d
  • @wiggy said: Oh. They are the abuse network that is abuse ignore....

I don't think you know what you're talking about. I know someone who used PQ hosting to portscan Minecraft servers and got banned in just 12 hours.

@LTniger said: They are russians. Avoid.

What's wrong with Russian hosters?

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@LTniger said:

@zGato said:

@LTniger said:

But if you face any issues, catch them if you can in Russia. Why the risk? No prod stuff, only idlers and toys.

Most Russian hosts are creating LTDs outside Russia, including Aéza. I'm not paying to Aéza RU now, I'm paying to Aéza International LTD based on the UK.

Legally doesn't mean much, but harder to exitscam. Most LE(T/S) hosts that exitscam aren't from Russia...

Ridiculously enough, I got scammed 1 time by an Ukranian-based host and never by Russian one.

Thanked by 3sillycat sasslik skizio
  • @sillycat said: I don't think you know what you're talking about. I know someone who used PQ hosting to portscan Minecraft servers and got banned in just 12 hours.

I got banned faster for hosting a tor guard/middle node (not exit) :)

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • @sillycat said:

@LTniger said: They are russians. Avoid.

What's wrong with Russian hosters?

Like he said, good luck enforcing any of your ”rights”

Thanked by 1tentor
  • sillycatsillycat Member
    edited September 2023

@emgh said: Like he said, good luck enforcing any of your ”rights”

He posted that mere seconds before I clicked post, sorry.

@LTniger said: But if you face any issues, catch them if you can in Russia. Why the risk? No prod stuff, only idlers and toys.

You are just stupid. The same exact thing applies to any LET hoster.

@zGato said: Most Russian hosts are creating LTDs outside Russia, including Aéza. I'm not paying to Aéza RU now, I'm paying to Aéza International LTD based on the UK.

PQ hosting does the exact same thing. https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13906017

According to company records, the company isn't run by "the Russians", its run by a Moldovan guy.

Thanked by 2emgh umbrella1421
  • @sillycat ah, my bad

I think he has a point though

It dosen’t have to take a lawsuit to see the difference

Just the fact that western companies KNOW that if they fuck you over hard enough, you COULD in theory file a lawsuit and you’d probably win makes a difference

I only do business with companies who operate where my basic rights are protected

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@zGato said: Ridiculously enough, I got scammed 1 time by an Ukranian-based host and never by Russian one.

Just curious - who and when (year) that was? You can DM me as well, thanks

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@tentor said:

@zGato said: Ridiculously enough, I got scammed 1 time by an Ukranian-based host and never by Russian one.

Just curious - who and when (year) that was? You can DM me as well, thanks

A week ago. https://ruvps.net/en (don't get their promo plan if you're someone involved in other projects, they will block your tickets and suspend your server, also force installing qemu-guest-agent all the time :) and "changing parameters" don't really know what they're doing in my server but 99% sure they've logged in multiple times)

Thanked by 1tentor

@zGato said: force installing qemu-guest-agent all the time

Too bad

I don't think they are from Ukraine - QIWI/WebMoney/Yoomoney + Bulgraria office

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@tentor said:

I don't think they are from Ukraine - QIWI/WebMoney/Yoomoney + Bulgraria office

Their ASN does say so. https://ipinfo.io/AS51264

The domain linked is their VPS control panel.

@zGato said: Their ASN does say so. https://ipinfo.io/AS51264

It is individual entrepreneur from Ukraine while their contacts page says Bulgaria. This is really strange thing.

• @tentor said:

@zGato said: Their ASN does say so. https://ipinfo.io/AS51264

It is individual entrepreneur from Ukraine while their contacts page says Bulgaria. This is really strange thing.

Well, it seems. They also provide RU servers but from other ASN?