Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A true mystery. We sell the hardware and increase our capacity
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A true mystery. We sell the hardware and increase our capacity

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hello!

Since we are going to upgrade the network with one of the two ISPs from 1Gbps to 5Gbps guaranteed, it will obviously make all the sense in the world to come with packages that consume a lot of traffic - if we still pay for it.

What stops me from doing this right now is the fact that I have invested a lot in the current hardware and it would be a total waste of money to buy new hardware, the current one ends up not being used and depreciates very quickly with the passage of time.

The plan is to purchase clusters of 36 HDDs 14-18TB each (haven't decided yet).
In case of sale of both servers put up for sale, we will crowd everything on the Dell server (2xE5-2699 v3, 384GB DDR4, 14TB SSD) for a few days, until we receive the new hardware - all via Live Migration, 0 downtime for existing customers.

Announcements:

Delivery can be made anywhere as long as the customer pays for it.
We only accept crypto payment for this hardware if you are not from Romania where you would pay cash on delivery. (being such a rare and expensive product, the last thing I would want to happen to me is for the customer to somehow recover the amount of money and be left with no hardware and no money).

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• Ooo, olex.ro already? Someone pleawe observe ipxo if ip subnetsnot being sold/rented.

Thanked by 3Calin Void Fazzil
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    Ooo, olex.ro already? Someone pleawe observe ipxo if ip subnetsnot being sold/rented.

It's been a month since we upgraded from 500Mbps to 1Gbps, I assure you that we are not closing the gates :)

Thanked by 2greentea yoursunny

I didn't expect anyone to take into account that we could disappear when right here, where our customers are, we also sell the hardware.
    But if there is still this anxiety, I can assure you that we are profitable from all points of view.

P.S. The profitability for "dell1.hazi.ro" (which represents de whole Romanian cluster) is put in the worst case scenario when we have 0 photovoltaic production, but we all know that is not the case :)

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @Calin time to buy those and make attractive BaseEnd deals

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @LTniger said:
    Ooo, olex.ro already? Someone pleawe observe ipxo if ip subnetsnot being sold/rented.

Involucration-time is if he sells sisters first.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • @jmaxwell said:
    @Calin time to buy those and make attractive BaseEnd deals

[Calin]: Hold my beer.

@Mumbly said:

@jmaxwell said:
    @Calin time to buy those and make attractive BaseEnd deals

[Calin]: Hold my beer.

Considering that I don't sell in pieces, I find it hard to believe that he will buy 5K EUR worth of hardware in one go.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @FlorinMarian said:
    Hello!

Since we are going to upgrade the network with one of the two ISPs from 1Gbps to 5Gbps guaranteed, it will obviously make all the sense in the world to come with packages that consume a lot of traffic - if we still pay for it.

What stops me from doing this right now is the fact that I have invested a lot in the current hardware and it would be a total waste of money to buy new hardware, the current one ends up not being used and depreciates very quickly with the passage of time.

The plan is to purchase clusters of 36 HDDs 14-18TB each (haven't decided yet).
    In case of sale of both servers put up for sale, we will crowd everything on the Dell server (2xE5-2699 v3, 384GB DDR4, 14TB SSD) for a few days, until we receive the new hardware - all via Live Migration, 0 downtime for existing customers.

Announcements:

Delivery can be made anywhere as long as the customer pays for it.
    We only accept crypto payment for this hardware if you are not from Romania where you would pay cash on delivery. (being such a rare and expensive product, the last thing I would want to happen to me is for the customer to somehow recover the amount of money and be left with no hardware and no money).

dm me

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@FlorinMarian said: have 0 photovoltaic production

Winter is coming! ..... sorry mate, just could not help myself :smiley:

Thanked by 1Calin

Although some tried to induce fear and I expected some cancellation requests, in the last 24 hours I sold over 80GB of RAM, thus being unable to migrate all the data to the Dell server with 384GB of RAM.
    Under these conditions, I will not sell these servers until I purchase the replacement servers.

@host_c said:

@FlorinMarian said: have 0 photovoltaic production

Winter is coming! ..... sorry mate, just could not help myself :smiley:

Winter is coming and the sunny days/periods are getting shorter, but you are leaving out the fact that instead of 300-1000Wh for cooling we will have a constant 100W because very soon I will think of a ventilation system that will throw all the heat produced by the rack into the whole house (I have to to see what circuit I can create to eliminate the noise) and I am betting on turning off the AC device and replacing it with a heat extraction fan that has a constant consumption of a maximum of 100Wh.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

Hombre, take a joke. :smiley:

For the rest that you wrote, you will have 6 months to figure that out.

Thanked by 1Calin