Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolute cheapest and worst specs possible (doesn't even have to have %99 uptime) VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Absolute cheapest and worst specs possible (doesn't even have to have %99 uptime) VPS?

Hello everyone. Sorry for the lengthy post. The next paragraph can be considered TLDR.

I am looking for the absolute worst specs possible (while still actually not crashing from out of resources) which actually means im looking for the absolute cheapest possible vps ever. Only thing that probably matters is the bandwidth. See, the reason why I can't go with GCP even though it is literally free is because free 1 GB/month is scary low (and it even excludes certain locations).

Even if I choose standart instead of premium, in case of a spike by (currently) imaginary evil people, I would have to either pay a lot, contact support for a one time help and then never ever touch GCP again in my life or risk losing my Google account (they can easily find out who I am and my other accounts).

I am aware of the 300$ credit but it is only for 3 months iirc (another reason I don't want to go with GCP before I am really experienced enough.)

So, I am unexperienced and I can't afford dollars the same way people from economically good countries can. I found some offers for 12 months for less than a dollar or some offers where 1 year vps was 10$ or something but I think I am okay with even lower specs for even less $ (not sure if that even exists, even with little bit of more specs provided, they tend to charge exponentially more so it would be much more viable for them profit-wise so... yeah maybe what I'm looking for doesn't even exist)

Yes, amazon exists for 12 months but they do give free credits too, I don't want that either. I only want those free credits when I know I can make use of them.

Currently, since I am a student, I may be eligible for azure students offer which gives me a VPS right? For 4 years even. Yeah, hard to beat. Looks like my best option.

But I still want to make sure, is that also my ONLY option as in, no dirt cheap VPS exists (or maybe even free - there are many services who provide PaaS like stuff for free so I'm curious why no one provides FREE plan for any VPS.)

I don't plan to deploy the heaviest thing either, just a little proxy server for reviving an app.
I tried non-vps solutions but they tend to just not work (like I deployed to render and proxy server doesn't work as intended) and other paas websites all had some kinda issue.

I know oracle, oracle explicitly disallows proxy servers.

Thanked by 1emgh

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

These days, 10€/y can bring you in nearly 100%.
    https://stats.uptimerobot.com/xkN1qTmQP7

Why bother with less?

• https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/
    Some links are aff.

These are the cheapest deals I've been able to find.

Thanked by 3maverick mrTom greentea
  • @Neoon said:
    These days, 10€/y can bring you in nearly 100%.
    https://stats.uptimerobot.com/xkN1qTmQP7

Why bother with less?

What about Gullo? Or he got caught by the police?

• @Drema said:
    Hello everyone. Sorry for the lengthy post. The next paragraph can be considered TLDR.

I am looking for the absolute worst specs possible (while still actually not crashing from out of resources) which actually means im looking for the absolute cheapest possible vps ever. Only thing that probably matters is the bandwidth. See, the reason why I can't go with GCP even though it is literally free is because free 1 GB/month is scary low (and it even excludes certain locations).

Even if I choose standart instead of premium, in case of a spike by (currently) imaginary evil people, I would have to either pay a lot, contact support for a one time help and then never ever touch GCP again in my life or risk losing my Google account (they can easily find out who I am and my other accounts).

I am aware of the 300$ credit but it is only for 3 months iirc (another reason I don't want to go with GCP before I am really experienced enough.)

So, I am unexperienced and I can't afford dollars the same way people from economically good countries can. I found some offers for 12 months for less than a dollar or some offers where 1 year vps was 10$ or something but I think I am okay with even lower specs for even less $ (not sure if that even exists, even with little bit of more specs provided, they tend to charge exponentially more so it would be much more viable for them profit-wise so... yeah maybe what I'm looking for doesn't even exist)

Yes, amazon exists for 12 months but they do give free credits too, I don't want that either. I only want those free credits when I know I can make use of them.

Currently, since I am a student, I may be eligible for azure students offer which gives me a VPS right? For 4 years even. Yeah, hard to beat. Looks like my best option.

But I still want to make sure, is that also my ONLY option as in, no dirt cheap VPS exists (or maybe even free - there are many services who provide PaaS like stuff for free so I'm curious why no one provides FREE plan for any VPS.)

I don't plan to deploy the heaviest thing either, just a little proxy server for reviving an app.
    I tried non-vps solutions but they tend to just not work (like I deployed to render and proxy server doesn't work as intended) and other paas websites all had some kinda issue.

I know oracle, oracle explicitly disallows proxy servers.

Virtual server with 1 vCore CPU, 512MB RAM, 8GB HDD, 100GB @ 50Mbps bandwidth, 100Gbps anti-DDoS protection, IPv6 only network
    $6/year vat included

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

microLXC, private proxy is permitted

• Look in romania.

Thanked by 1Drema
  • BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

How much bandwidth do you need? I have LXC NAT VM's starting from $3/year.

• AWS free tier, 2C2G 30GB 100GB Bandwidth 12 months free, after 12 months create another account.

Thanked by 1Drema
  • cupcakecupcake Member
    edited September 2023

Oracle cloud free tier. Assuming you can reg, picked a less busy region and arm ampere is in stock.

1x 4c 24gb 200gb arm64 or can split it into 2x or 4x smaller chunk dividing those spec. Plus 2x 1c 1gb 100gb (gotta split the 200gb) amd64. All with proper ipv4 and ipv6. All those will share 18tb ingress/egress. Can't beat free.

• Following this

Don’t want NAT
    Don’t want IPv6
    Don’t want a week-old provider
    Don’t want LXC
    Don’t want to wait for stock
    Don’t want bandwidth overages
    Don’t want OVZ

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Try Oracle free VMs or AWS (if you do spend more bandwidth than allocated be prepared to remortgage your house)

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

@emgh said:
    Don’t want LXC

:'( you no like?

LXC has a lot less crap to handle, partitions, fs, boot loader, kernel updates. Just the bare minimum (and no security). I recently bought an LXC plan that includes a MITM voyeur. I'd have preferred a WITM honestly, but you know how these things go.

I vote LXC for president. Hopefully my vote outvotes yours and I'll democratically rule over you.

Thanked by 2homelabber yoursunny
  • @davide said:

@emgh said:
    Don’t want LXC

:'( you no like?

LXC has a lot less crap to handle, partitions, fs, boot loader, kernel updates. Just the bare minimum (and no security). I recently bought an LXC plan that includes a MITM voyeur. I'd have preferred a WITM honestly, but you know how these things go.

I vote LXC for president. Hopefully my vote outvotes yours and I'll democratically rule over you.

Just get a shell acc m9

• worst is virmach

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

@emgh said:
    Just get a shell acc m9

A shell account would have the same isolation of shared hosting. Or better if the database is a private sqlite file.

• @davide said:

@emgh said:
    Just get a shell acc m9

A shell account would have the same isolation of shared hosting.

there you go

• XerozTechXerozTech Member, Host Rep

Hi!

If you are still searching, feel free to take a look at our vps offers: https://xeroz.tech/ (We also have singapore)

• @niranjan said:
    AWS free tier, 2C2G 30GB 100GB Bandwidth 12 months free, after 12 months create another account.

First of all thanks to ANYONE who replied to this thread. I didn't consider AWS until I decided to try this and wow my virtual cards work too (so basically, I don't need a bank account, I didn't really specify my name or address. Just country. Phone number they took but that's okay. Even the name on the card I didn't type correctly and it still made my account. They said 1$ could be taken from my account but that didn't happen either.)

I also heard AWS multiple accounts is not only permitted but also encouraged. I don't know what beats AWS free tier then (maybe azure for students, yeah), especially when they literally don't care about the impact you can cause! (Unlike oracle that just bans you randomly.)

I think I will just go with AWS every next year. Again, thanks to all replies. You can still keep replying if you like, maybe someone else would also look into this thread (or maybe I'd too).

Bye for now!

• @Drema said:

@niranjan said:
    AWS free tier, 2C2G 30GB 100GB Bandwidth 12 months free, after 12 months create another account.

First of all thanks to ANYONE who replied to this thread. I didn't consider AWS until I decided to try this and wow my virtual cards work too (so basically, I don't need a bank account, I didn't really specify my name or address. Just country. Phone number they took but that's okay. Even the name on the card I didn't type correctly and it still made my account. They said 1$ could be taken from my account but that didn't happen either.)

I also heard AWS multiple accounts is not only permitted but also encouraged. I don't know what beats AWS free tier then (maybe azure for students, yeah), especially when they literally don't care about the impact you can cause! (Unlike oracle that just bans you randomly.)

I think I will just go with AWS every next year. Again, thanks to all replies. You can still keep replying if you like, maybe someone else would also look into this thread (or maybe I'd too).

Bye for now!

Yeah, Debit also works

• just host your resource and connect it with cloudflare tunnel

• TeoMTeoM Member
    edited September 2023

In my opinion NAT Provider biggest crap shit.

Few years ago I bought some server from @InceptionHosting every day downtime.

Confrontation with provider have led to a ban without money back.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

For 30days 9cents: https://pulsedmedia.com/free-seedbox.php
    For proxy, if it's just socks / port forwarding, you can use SSH for that.

Not VPS, but works for proxy.

It's hard to get below ~12€/Year for anyone because IPv4 costs money.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

We have been running giveaways in our main LET thread, giving out our 512MB plan for 6 months to 4 lucky winners. Happy to offer you the same plan for 6 months absolutely free! If you are happy after 6 months, you can continue by paying $15/year

The Specs are as below:

1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (4.5 GHz++)
    512MB DDR5 RAM
    10GB NVMe (PCIe 4.0)
    500GB Bandwidth
    10Gbit Port
    1x IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6
    DDOS Watch™
    5x FREE Backup Slots
    Automated rDNS
    VirtFusion Control Panel
    Spokane, WA (North West USA)

If you are interested, please pm me. This is just for the OP @Drema - please do not randomly PM me for the same.

• @gbzret4d said:
    worst is virmach

fcking true!

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • cheapest is self host on your own pc and use cloudflare tunnels to publish your app.

Thanked by 1PineappleM