Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seeking advice and solutions about setup vps nodes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seeking advice and solutions about setup vps nodes

I need some advice and help. I'd like to get an OVH SG region server with the specifications listed below. How many VPS can I add to this server without making it too resource-heavy?

This is my first time getting the same server in more than one unit to learn and set up my own VPS nodes.

I'm also interested in learning how to add more IPs to a dedicated server so that each VPS has its own IP address.

Additionally, I need to know if there's one software or something that I can use to manage and control all the servers from just one control panel.

Specifications:

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - 6c/12t - 3.7GHz/4.6GHz
  • 64GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz RAM
  • 250Mbit/s (burst 1Gbit/s) - Limited traffic 25TB
  • 2× 500GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID

Thanks in advance

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

You can make 5 VPS out of this hardware.
    Each VPS:

• 1 dedicated core (2 threads)
    • 12GB RAM
    • 48Mbps port speed
    • 80GB NVMe RAID1

Zero overselling, everything dedicated.

• Proxmox

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • @yoursunny said:
    You can make 5 VPS out of this hardware.
    Each VPS:

• 1 dedicated core (2 threads)
    • 12GB RAM
    • 48Mbps port speed
    • 80GB NVMe RAID1

Zero overselling, everything dedicated.

Thanks @yoursunny .. can I know that is the max vps I can add to this dedi or I can add extra more without heavy the server?

• @SirFoxy said:
    Proxmox

Will do research about that thanks @SirFoxy

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2023

You may add as many vps you want, there have been some posts in past, generally it is percieved that only 20% customers uses actual resources, rest are either idlers or very low resources. Thats called overselling.
    However, you can find middle ground by monitoring resources and number of users, if you are planning to sell VPS, start with this one, once you see your Node is now becoming slow beyond acceptable limits, start provisioning new customers to another node as well as move some resource intesive VMs to less busy node.

For managing servers, if you want something page, virtfusion is doing good, for free go for Proxmox, nothing better than for this kind of virtualization.

• @exp82 said:

@SirFoxy said:
    Proxmox

Will do research about that thanks @SirFoxy

Np, adding IPs to VMs running on a Proxmox host is very simple as well:

https://support.us.ovhcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002394324-How-to-Connect-a-VM-to-the-Internet-Using-Proxmox-VE

Thanked by 1anda
  • ChandlerChandler Member, Patron Provider, LIR

I think PROXMO is the most convenient program among the free virtualization software.
    Try installing it and setting up vmbr0.
    DM me if you have questions.