Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare has Network Performace Issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare has Network Performace Issues

According to Cloudflare Status page (https://www.cloudflarestatus.com), it seems that Cloudflare got some issues on network performances. Did someone got any troubles with their websites?

Comments

• Moved away from Cloudflare a long time ago. I can now sleep at night.

Thanked by 2jsg Ghostey
  • What did you choose?

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@COLBYLICIOUS said: it seems that Cloudflare got some issues on network performances

Wow, it is for 4 days straight? Things gone really badly at cloudflare...

Thanked by 1greentea
  • I haven't experienced it directly,
    but multiple people have experienced 502 responses a few days ago.
    No one is currently complaining about this issue.

I've been using Cloudflare for a while,
    but the only trouble I've had is with the SSL certificate. It's very comfortable to use.

(Because I live in Japan. There may have been problems depending on the region)

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @sillycat said:
    Moved away from Cloudflare a long time ago. I can now sleep at night.

Where are you now?

• @comXyz said:

@sillycat said:
    Moved away from Cloudflare a long time ago. I can now sleep at night.

Where are you now?

I use 1984.is and desec.io to replace Cloudflare's DNS. I have not replaced the CDN and DDoS protection aspect of it because I have found that I don't need any of that.

• @sillycat if you don't use CDN and only need DNS, Cloudflare is decent, I use Cloudflare with CDN disabled.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • Anyway, nothing to do with Cloudflare. My recent issue is with the Arch Linux site. It is not opening here. Currently, I am torrenting it now
    if they are using cloudflare

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@comXyz said:
    if you don't use CDN and only need DNS, Cloudflare is decent

When cloudflare fails, it eventually happens with DNS too

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

cloudflare is now trending on Twitter/X, but for the wrong reasons.

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/incidents/x681q90pynzk

Thanked by 1greentea
  • This incident has been resolved --> https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/incidents/x681q90pynzk

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Cloudflare still broke discord and I think reactions to be more specific.

Thanked by 2greentea ManishPant
  • DamoHGDamoHG Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

Discord just went down for me

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DamoHG said: Discord just went down for me

Glad it's not just me.

• @prince18 said:
    Anyway, nothing to do with Cloudflare. My recent issue is with the Arch Linux site. It is not opening here. Currently, I am torrenting it now
    if they are using cloudflare

Arch Linux website does not use Cloudflare.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@jar said:

Glad it's not just me.

Really weird, Its blocked for me too while accessing it in Google Chrome Browser, but I can access it through Firefox 

Thanked by 1jar
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ManishPant said:

@jar said:

Glad it's not just me.

Really weird, Its blocked for me too while accessing it in Google Chrome Browser, but I can access it through Firefox 

My guess, someone with the Firefox user agent triggered the block.
    Try switching your user agent, should resolve that.

At least what it did for me, when CF blocked me for no reason.

Thanked by 1ManishPant
  • @Neoon said: My guess, someone with the Firefox user agent triggered the block.

It's login-token based, rate-limiting - from time to time you can login, but then no messages loading and client is re-re-re-re-requesting channels and going into rate limit. This is why "fresh" (not logged in) window works

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • sillycatsillycat Member
    edited September 2023

@DamoHG said:
    Discord just went down for me

It's time to move to a platform that doesn't glow!

Thanked by 1kait
  • I am really thinking moving my websites from Cloudflare.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • Oh, ok. But the free plan doesn't come with a sla.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2023

@JabJab said:

@Neoon said: My guess, someone with the Firefox user agent triggered the block.

It's login-token based, rate-limiting - from time to time you can login, but then no messages loading and client is re-re-re-re-requesting channels and going into rate limit. This is why "fresh" (not logged in) window works

Plausible, however CF does a lot of blocking and flagging based on factors such as the browser agent.
    Which can be easy bypassed, hence kinda useless, rather catches innocent users.

Given they limited users that much, sounds like kinda a desperate action.

• boringHustlerboringHustler Member, Host Rep

I have a feeling their security thing is having a problem too. I had to clear browser cache, as cloudflare was not letting me in on lowendtalk. :|

• Rerouted.

• limited to discord only. looks like someone internally pushed some wrong WAF rules

• @COLBYLICIOUS said:
    According to Cloudflare Status page (https://www.cloudflarestatus.com), it seems that Cloudflare got some issues on network performances. Did someone got any troubles with their websites?

It has been some days since I’m having lots of 502 BAD GATEWAY on any cloudflare protected website (not always, like mostly during late afternoon)

• @boringHustler said:
    I have a feeling their security thing is having a problem too. I had to clear browser cache, as cloudflare was not letting me in on lowendtalk. :|

I was trying to access LET from my PC and got into the Always Online from Cloudflare, it's like LET was down but after an refresh was everything good. Strange.