Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Help Setting up Email Piping for Ticketing with Mailgun
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Help Setting up Email Piping for Ticketing with Mailgun

I'm trying to set up email piping for automated ticketing using Mailgun. I've got the sending part down, but can't figure out how to receive and auto-create tickets for specific departments. Any guidance on how to achieve this with Mailgun would be awesome!

Thanks!

Comments

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

Email piping to where, what ticketing or billing platform?

• @jfreak53 said: Email piping to where, what ticketing or billing platform?

ticketing

Whats the name of the system you are using for tickets?

• @jfreak53 said: Whats the name of the system you are using for tickets?

I am using WHMCS.

Per whmcs documentation you can't "pipe" to the ticket system from an outside email platform. Solutions are, again per docs, forward to a mailbox on same server as whmcs then run pipe in email platform, or setup pop3 check in whmcs.

The docs for whmcs explain this process. But you can't pipe unless its on the same server. Usually to do this you use a dummy inbetween email on the same server and forward to it from external.

• @jfreak53 said: or setup pop3 check in whmcs.

Mailgun discontinued their POP3/IMAP service long ago. :'(

@Uchiha said:

@jfreak53 said: or setup pop3 check in whmcs.

Mailgun discontinued their POP3/IMAP service long ago. :'(

Your only solution then is to forward from mailgun to a dummy email address on a mailserver on the whmcs server. Piping by definition needs to be on the same server since it takes from one program and runs a file on the same system "piping" the email into it.

• @jfreak53 said: Your only solution then is to forward from mailgun to a dummy email address on a mailserver on the whmcs server.

Thank you for the information. I'm hosting my WHMCS on a VPS, and I don't have a mail server set up on it. Do I need to set up an email server on the same VPS to make this work?

@Uchiha said:

@jfreak53 said: Your only solution then is to forward from mailgun to a dummy email address on a mailserver on the whmcs server.

Thank you for the information. I'm hosting my WHMCS on a VPS, and I don't have a mail server set up on it. Do I need to set up an email server on the same VPS to make this work?

Yes